Thread Rating:

ChesterDog
ChesterDog
  • Threads: 8
June 14th, 2022 at 9:49:05 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

Mgm now makes you jump through hoops if you just want to cash out promo $.

You have to cash at cage (not cash machine) AND ask for a manager to cash the ticket
link to original post

What if I start playing my own money and then download promo money onto the same slot machine, will I still have to jump through hoops to cash my final voucher?
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
June 14th, 2022 at 10:16:29 AM permalink

You have to cash at cage (not cash machine) AND ask for a manager to cash the ticket
link to original post

On the East Coast (including MGM) you cannot cash out promos at all. Must play through until it's cash.

I'm a bit surprised they let you do that over there. Maybe that's why I have had some argument over the true value of Freeplay on here over the years?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 638
June 14th, 2022 at 12:50:00 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

link to original post

On the East Coast (including MGM) you cannot cash out promos at all. Must play through until it's cash.

I'm a bit surprised they let you do that over there. Maybe that's why I have had some argument over the true value of Freeplay on here over the years?
link to original post

no, i played through my $100 freeplay and then some.
I got a normal ticket and this promo ticket
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
100xOdds
100xOdds
June 14th, 2022 at 12:52:30 PM permalink
Quote: ChesterDog

link to original post

What if I start playing my own money and then download promo money onto the same slot machine, will I still have to jump through hoops to cash my final voucher?
link to original post

at mgm, you have to insert real $ into the machine first and the freeplay reimburses you for each spin.

ie: $1/spin
put in a $20, activate $100 free play, press spin.
machine will re-imburse you $1 from your freeplay bucket.

When you cash out, it'll spit out 2 tickets:
normal ticket = real $ you put in the machine + line wins minus the costs of the spins.
promo ticket (above) = the amount of re-imbursed spins (i think)

edit:
The reason i say I think is that the machine i played had spin costs in multiples of .75.
so no idea how the last digit is a 2 in the promo ticket.

next time i'll pay more attention to spin costs and amount from line wins
Last edited by: 100xOdds on Jun 14, 2022
darkoz
darkoz
June 14th, 2022 at 1:09:09 PM permalink

Quote: ChesterDog

link to original post

link to original post

at mgm, you have to insert real $ into the machine first and the freeplay reimburses you for each spin.

normal ticket = real $ you put in the machine + line wins minus the costs of the spins
link to original post

So basically, you turned over the freeplay and was won $7.72.

Then cashed out and a voucher for your own money that you can use at redemption machine came out plus a second voucher for the money won from freeplay for $7.72?

Did that just start? You certain that wasn't a malfunction and that's why the voucher needed cashier and management oversight.

I don't believe they would clog up the cashier Cage and managers with perhaps thousands of people cashing in Freeplay small amounts.
100xOdds
100xOdds
June 14th, 2022 at 1:17:56 PM permalink

normal ticket = real $ you put in the machine + line wins minus the costs of the spins
link to original post

Then cashed out and a voucher for your own money that you can use at redemption machine came out plus a second voucher for the money won from freeplay for $7.72?

Did that just start? You certain that wasn't a malfunction and that's why the voucher needed cashier and management oversight.

I don't believe they would clog up the cashier Cage and managers with perhaps thousands of people cashing in Freeplay small amounts.
link to original post

ahh.. malfunction. didnt think of that.

when i saw the 2nd ticket print out and a mgr to approve the cashout, i immediately thought of you Oz and mgm trying a new strategy vs freeplay hustlers.

Caesars already has a banner on the promo page in the kiosk saying future freeplay may be canceled if you dont play enough today (or something to that effect)
darkoz
darkoz
June 14th, 2022 at 1:58:02 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

ahh.. malfunction. didnt think of that.

when i saw the 2nd ticket print out and a mgr to approve the cashout, i immediately thought of you Oz and mgm trying a new strategy vs freeplay hustlers.

Caesars already has a banner on the promo page in the kiosk saying future freeplay may be canceled if you dont play enough today (or something to that effect)
link to original post

It's fine.

It occurs to me it's probably a malfunction because I just had something similar two weeks ago. A redemption machine took my voucher, blinked and conked out on me. When they finally arrived to fix it the machine had printed a special voucher (although it had to be physically opened to get to it). The attendant said I had to redeem it at the cashier Cage.

And when I arrived at the cage she had to get a manager to oversee it

So it just seemed very similar.
Seedvalue
Seedvalue
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
Dieter
June 15th, 2022 at 7:58:31 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

no, i played through my $100 freeplay and then some.
I got a normal ticket and this promo ticket
link to original post

Whatever you put in the machine just cycle through once and it will print out one voucher. For example if you have 100 in free play and put in ten dollars you must cycle through the ten.

Let’s say you are playing $10 per hand video poker you would need to place 11 bets total
100xOdds
100xOdds
Thanked by
RogerKint
July 3rd, 2023 at 12:44:25 PM permalink
i was talking to a lady.
she's been top card tier at golden nugget ac for years.

she said a few months ago she popped in just for her freeplay (literally a few min) then was off with her friends for the weekend.
the next time she returned, her acct was locked.

she got it unlocked but is so pissed from that treatment because she's been a loyal customer for years.
she's dropping gn and playing alot more at borgata and ocean.

from talking to her, i got the gist she loses high 4figures/low 5figures a month at gn.

Thx to you DarkOz, gn's anti-DarkOz policy just cost them a cash cow
darkoz
darkoz
July 4th, 2023 at 10:49:32 AM permalink

i was talking to a lady.
she's been top card tier at golden nugget ac for years.

she said a few months ago she popped in just for her freeplay (literally a few min) then was off with her friends for the weekend.
the next time she returned, her acct was locked.

she got it unlocked but is so pissed from that treatment because she's been a loyal customer for years.
she's dropping gn and playing alot more at borgata and ocean.

from talking to her, i got the gist she loses high 4figures/low 5figures a month at gn.

Thx to you DarkOz, gn's anti-DarkOz policy just cost them a cash cow
link to original post

Absolutely.

It's one of my strengths. They can cut their noses to spite their faces or they can recognize they have to let their customers take some Freeplay
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
August 21st, 2023 at 8:31:43 PM permalink
Recently, i read this thread. Interesting story.
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
Talldude90
August 21st, 2023 at 9:24:11 PM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

Recently, i read this thread. Interesting story.
link to original post

Thank you.
  • Jump to: