L4suicide
L4suicide
  • Threads: 2
May 20th, 2011 at 10:31:25 PM permalink
I've been using a strategy on a website which has a blackjack game in it and have found myself to be winning most days. I'm assuming the cards are entirely random and there is no fixing going on in the code itself. But I want to work out my edge for the game, and also the best strategy.

RULES:
  • Dealer stands on soft 17
  • No peek
  • Surrender/Double available on any two cards, but not after split
  • 5 card charlies beat all but natural 21
  • BJ pays 3:2

More importantly is the 'bug' in splitting. When you split the dealers cards are shown to you after you complete the first hand. The cards do not change for the second hand so you know what you have to beat to win (or if dealer busts).

I do not think that for soft/hard hands strategy will be at all different from the table on WoO but for splitting I am assuming in a lot more cases splitting is the best option. With no attempt at the maths at all just gut feeling.. I guessed at this:

Pair2345678910A
2,2PPPPPPPPHH
3,3PPPPPPPPHH
4,4PPPPPPPPHH
5,5DhDhDhDhDhDhDhDhHH
6,6PPPPPPPHHRh
7,7PPPPPPPPRhRh
8,8PPPPPPPPRhRh
9,9PPPPPPPPSS
10,10PPPPPPPPSS
A,APPPPPPPPPH

And on reading general comments in terms of odds advantage I think player has 0.5% before counting the whole splitting bug, having played 1000+ hands I find that I win a little over 3%

How would I go about calculating the actual values for this game, and what method would be used to determine the 'best' action. I can script in several languages, but I just don't know how to work out the odds. My other problem is i'm not sure how many decks there are. I've never seen the same card twice in the same hand, so either they used random 1-52 OR they just use random 1-13 and make up the suit/card after the fact to try and make it seem like a one card deck. I've only just started to check though as so far I have been using a script to hide the cards and highlight the best options based upon the modified odds table (so I can play at work without being spotted hehe).

I want to factor in something for the 5 card charlie rule as well. Would the odds make it better to hit on say hard 12 vs a 4?
L4suicide
L4suicide
  • Threads: 2
May 28th, 2011 at 10:10:45 PM permalink
So far I have only adjusted my strategy based upon hard value. If I have soft 21 and 4 cards showing, hit regardless. Not sure how I would go about the next steps.
  • Jump to: