vcowan
vcowan
  • Threads: 2
May 7th, 2011 at 4:43:01 PM permalink
How do you calculate what a game costs to run per hour and if your making money or losing money based on your customer counts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 7th, 2011 at 5:08:31 PM permalink
Beats me.
I would think that on a per shift basis you can determine what a table costs and what it makes, but if you just want to an instantaneous snapshot of how many people are at the table, I don't see how that would reliably answer your questions unless you automatically deem any player to be one of those mythical "average" players.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
May 7th, 2011 at 5:18:04 PM permalink
Quote: vcowan

How do you calculate what a game costs to run per hour and if your making money or losing money based on your customer counts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

To run per hour should be easy. Dealer salary plus supervision salary plus pro-rated licensing (for carnival games/side bets.) Then hands per hour times average bet times theoretical advantage.

For more actual play it gets harder for one game. Cheques come and go. You are supposed to color up, but if I walk with my cheques this could throw off the whole night's counting. If players get chance working for them and you have a losing night, well that happens.

So I would say take your costs as shown above. Count your average players at the table. Count your average bets. Find the real (not theoretical) advantage your tables are running at. Then do some math.

I'm not in the industry but that is how I would do it if I were handed a B-School case study.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
  • Jump to: