davodavo
davodavo
  • Threads: 5
January 13th, 2017 at 11:03:28 AM permalink
The question really revolves around the fastest way to identify online decks that have been juiced with too many good hands. Of course the websites insist they are fair, but I'm perry sure most of them are not truly random.
Is there an online resource that calibrated the online holden games?
Is there some sort of index or algorithm that could detect problems in less than 5000 hands?
Skeptic
Skeptic
January 13th, 2017 at 11:35:45 AM permalink
Since you aren't playing against the house in online holdem what incentive do they have to rig the deck?
fastXXXeddie
fastXXXeddie
  • Threads: 0
January 13th, 2017 at 1:03:12 PM permalink
Common misconception among online hold'em players, especially low limit. You see more hands per hours and too many players stay to the river. Therefore you see a more good hands per hour.
davodavo
davodavo
January 13th, 2017 at 4:57:41 PM permalink
Quote: Skeptic

Since you aren't playing against the house in online holdem what incentive do they have to rig the deck?

The goal of an online site is to sell more fake chips. They do that by having more players, more games. They attract more players for longer if the game is "exciting" and has more drama. If the deck were totally dead-pan (or, worse, yielded lower-than-neutral results), people would get bored / pissed off that they weren't winning. It's all about eyeballs, and the "juiced" deck is the ultimate click-bait. It's the fake news of gambling.
andysif
andysif
  • Threads: 23
January 13th, 2017 at 5:36:07 PM permalink
Quote: Skeptic

seriously, you really think so? ever heard of absolute poker ?
davodavo
davodavo
January 13th, 2017 at 6:18:22 PM permalink
Quote: fastXXXeddie

Common misconception among online hold'em players, especially low limit. You see more hands per hours and too many players stay to the river. Therefore you see a more good hands per hour.

While I'm generally in agreement, there are some well-known garbage decks out there.
In one popular game (PokerKing), I saw 3 four-of-a-kind hands over a 75 minute interval. While I've played 100K hands in that app, the odds of 3x four-of-a-kind within the 50 hands or so I played in that interval should have covered a lifetime of playing.
Is there a tell-tale metric I can monitor over a smallish set of hands? Or is this a matter of tabulating 1000 hands and seeing how the distribution of results compares to the tables?
Which brings up a related question: for a 9-player game, what *are* the normative percentages for the winning hand? I know somebody has done this simulation (with the assumption that nobody folds, which pushes the percentages up).
  • Jump to: