NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
June 19th, 2013 at 4:20:49 PM permalink
Anyone know what happened in the case and trial recently in the news? The case where Mr. Alderson(sp) was forced to testify and was about a Chinese man suing Sand's for a commission on a license in Macao being issued to Sand's? Even had everyone's favorite lawyer Alan Derchiowtz(sp) from Harvard hired to help Mr. Alderson. We got the big news it was happening but an internet search doesn't provide anything on the results of said trial. Settled or with the judge or still ongoing or what? Thank you.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 19th, 2013 at 4:24:09 PM permalink
As with all litigation, Adelson either wins or he appeals to a higher court forcing his opponents to even greater expenses and delays.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
June 19th, 2013 at 4:31:02 PM permalink
I don't know but every time I hear the name Alan Dershowitz I immediately think of the Claus von Bulow trial. It was the only thing talked about here in New England some thirty years ago. Several television stations carried it full time. It was Alan who saved the day for old Claus.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
June 19th, 2013 at 6:12:48 PM permalink
I have no idea, but always get stumped with the same old news on my searches. Google needs a "moving on" button.
I am a robot.
midwestgb
midwestgb
  • Threads: 12
June 19th, 2013 at 7:44:54 PM permalink
Here ya go... plaintiff's verdict for $70 million, which was about 20% of what the plaintiff was seeking. Apparently a 5 week jury trial, which just ended about a month ago. I respect a Vegas jury hitting one of their own, who employs quite a few folks in their County. Mr. Adelson enjoyed his time on the stand, though, as he pontificated just a bit according to the article...

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/sheldon-adelson-las-vegas-sands-lawsuit-91348.html
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
June 19th, 2013 at 9:50:28 PM permalink
Quote: midwestgb

Here ya go... plaintiff's verdict for $70 million, which was about 20% of what the plaintiff was seeking. Apparently a 5 week jury trial, which just ended about a month ago.

What is $70 million to Sands Corporation. Adelson's just appealing because his ego is on the line. He will probably spend a fortune on lawyers.
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
June 20th, 2013 at 4:08:16 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

I don't know but every time I hear the name Alan Dershowitz I immediately think of the Claus von Bulow trial. It was the only thing talked about here in New England some thirty years ago. Several television stations carried it full time. It was Alan who saved the day for old Claus.

Good ol Alan, Mike Tyson, Leona Helmsey, Mike Tyson and O.J. Simpson. In this case the story was he was called by the Sand's team and accepted the call because Mr. Adelson is also a Jew, something about making Mr. Adelson appear in court. I don't know but suffice to say he's never wrong, just loses a lot as he did on this issue. His commentary during the O.J. case made me sick.
  • Jump to: