Level6
Level6
  • Threads: 1
September 7th, 2011 at 10:11:14 AM permalink
Hi, living in asia where Baccarat is king. i have a question:

Let's assume player-A and player-B playing baccarat. (where betting on banker have a 5% commission)
1/ Player-A never buys insurance offered.
2/ Player-B always buys insurance offered.
3/ They play ''thousands''/''millions'' of hands

We agree A and B will loose money anb B more than A (i think) but, i am curious about the way they will loose.
Their curbs will be different i imagine. Will A loose less but have bigger variance? How the B curb will be different?

Thanks ^^
heather
heather
  • Threads: 8
September 7th, 2011 at 10:20:00 AM permalink
Depends on what's being insured and when. The Wizard has a page on Baccarat insurance with tables that might help you work it out, if you haven't seen it already. (Note that all tables presume an eight-deck shoe.)
guido111
guido111
  • Threads: 10
September 7th, 2011 at 11:02:30 AM permalink
Quote: heather

Depends on what's being insured and when. The Wizard has a page on Baccarat insurance with tables that might help you work it out, if you haven't seen it already. (Note that all tables presume an eight-deck shoe.)

My wife played Baccarat in Asia this summer for the first time coming across the Baccarat insurance bet. She and her friends says it really slows the game down but adds some unusual excitement into a normally reserved game.

The Wizard's page is a good one to start with. Very high HEs as one can see from his tables.

Here is a link for a pdf, a good one I might add, that I have read about some rules of Baccarat with Insurance.
Commission Baccarat with Insurance_RWS.pdf

I can not give any answers to the OPs questions at this time but it would make for some interesting simulations and studies.
Still, it seems to be just another insurance bet with extremely high house edge.
Level6
Level6
  • Threads: 1
September 7th, 2011 at 11:41:35 AM permalink
Thanks all for the answer,

To be continued )
  • Jump to: