william4466
william4466
  • Threads: 1
December 7th, 2009 at 10:06:31 AM permalink
Me and my wife had a discussion(arguement) over the bonus play payout on multi line penny machine's.She was betting the min. 25cents a spin and triggered the bonus spins she won 3$. In her opinion if she was betting 50cents she would have won 6$ and then 3$ more for each additional bet. In bonus rounds are payouts pre deterimned by the amount you bet or are they random?
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
December 7th, 2009 at 11:21:45 AM permalink
I would think that would depend entirely on the pay table. Some bonuses pay a multiple of the amount you bet but others are based on the number of lines paid.

For example, if you paid 25 lines at 1 per line, you would get paid based on the one per line. If you bet 25 lines at 2 per line, you would get paid based on the two per line. If you playing 25 lines at one per line, you would get paid based on the one per line, or get paid a multiple of lines that hit on the bonus.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
marksolberg
marksolberg
  • Threads: 26
December 7th, 2009 at 12:16:55 PM permalink
One of the difficulties in answering the question is that hitting a particular combination is entirely dependent on when you trigger the game to play. In general I would say yes, if the bet had been $.50 instead of $.25 then the pay would have been doubled if you had hit the trigger button at exactly the same time. It is very likely that you would not have hit the button at exactly the same time. The time difference from betting one coin per line or two coins per line would have caused a different result. A slot machine is continously going through random combinations of game results whether or not the machine is being played. This is happening probably thousands of times a second (that's just a guess, it might be hundreds or tens of thousands). The result you get depends on the exact fraction of a second you trigger the game.

I think it's safe to assume that if you won on a $.25 bet you would not have had the same win on a $.50 bet. The result could have been better or worse but it would very likely be different.

Mark
  • Jump to: