oneanddone
oneanddone
  • Threads: 3
May 31st, 2017 at 12:20:27 AM permalink
I read the entire activation email after I registered here and I definitely don't want to be ridiculed, so I want to state right now that this is NOT a betting system question! I'm only asking if there is a roulette bet or a combination of roulette bets that gives you at least a 1 unit profit with each spin of the wheel all the way up until the ball lands on zero. Is there a "only lose money if it lands on zero" bet or combination of bets?

Edit: Oh God I spelled profitable wrong. Now I'll look like a noob and an idiot as well. If a mod sees this will you correct my typo? It looks like I can't change the title from here.
klimate10
klimate10
  • Threads: 26
May 31st, 2017 at 1:31:51 AM permalink
If you have the patience to find a wheel that has landed on red ten times in a row, and then lands on single or double zero, then subsequently lands on the OTHER zero right after, and then you bet on all the black numbers, it's a guarantee that you will have a very genuine probability of winning 75% of the next ten spins.

The math supports my statement, without a doubt.
OnceDear
OnceDear
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
May 31st, 2017 at 1:34:07 AM permalink
Hi and welcome.
You asked two different questions:-
1, ".... a 1 unit profit with each spin ...." That's a profitable bet.
2, "....a "only lose money if it lands on zero" bet ..." That's a non-losing bet.
They are not the same question because of the option to "Neither win nor lose with certainty and get my stake back" which fits version 2 but not version 1

To version 1. No there isn't
To version 2. Yes, there are many

There are bets with zero win - zero loss guaranteed if zeros don't ever hit?: Eg, 1 bet on red and one on black or 1 bet on all 3 columns or one bet on every number at the same time.
Eliminating the zeros just makes it a 0 house edge, neutral game.
Embrace the Variance
OnceDear
OnceDear
oneanddone
May 31st, 2017 at 1:37:01 AM permalink
Quote: klimate10

If you have the patience to find a wheel that has landed on red ten times in a row, and then lands on single or double zero, then subsequently lands on the OTHER zero right after, and then you bet on all the black numbers, it's a guarantee that you will have a very genuine probability of winning 75% of the next ten spins.

The math supports my statement, without a doubt.

Guaranteed in as much as klimate will say 'Wow, Sorry dude' If it ever happens that you lose your entire wealth on that wager.
Embrace the Variance
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 118
oneanddone
May 31st, 2017 at 1:51:29 AM permalink
Quote: There's Something About Mary

Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?

Ted: Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the excercise video.

Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7... Minute... Abs.

Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you're going.

Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin' there, there's 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?

Ted: I would go for the 7.

Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 7-Minute Abs. And we guarantee just as good a workout as the 8-minute folk.

Ted: You guarantee it? That's - how do you do that?

Hitchhiker: If you're not happy with the first 7 minutes, we're gonna send you the extra minute free. You see? That's it. That's our motto. That's where we're comin' from. That's from "A" to "B".

Ted: That's right. That's - that's good. That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you're in trouble, huh?

[Hitchhiker convulses]

Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.

Ted: That - good point.

Hitchhiker: 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Ted: Why?

Hitchhiker: 'Cause you're ****in' fired!

What I'll do is play 33 numbers, and if the other 3 and the zero don't come up, I'll be guaranteed a profit of 2 units.
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!
BillionDollar
BillionDollar
  • Threads: 4
oneanddone
May 31st, 2017 at 1:52:49 AM permalink
There is no bet that meets your requirements.

If you are looking for high win rates you can look at the following bets

1) Bet on 3 units on 1-18 & 2 units on the 3rd dozen. The win would be 1 unit assuming it doesn't hit on the green or 6 numbers in the middle section. That's 79% chance of winning or 81% on European Roulette.

2) Bet on 2 of the dozens and 2 columns you would loose on 3 of the numbers and green. A win here doesn't necessarily mean profitable. 86% chance of a win or 89% on European Roulette.

3) Probably what you should do if you want to win one unit with out loosing your shirt is to bet streaks of colors. Red/black follow the streaks, have a stop loss and win stop number in mind. Don't play too long and don't play a table that doesn't have strong streaks.
OnceDear
OnceDear
May 31st, 2017 at 2:33:34 AM permalink
Quote: BillionDollar

3) Probably what you should do if you want to win one unit with out loosing your shirt is to bet streaks of colors. Red/black follow the streaks, have a stop loss and win stop number in mind. Don't play too long and don't play a table that doesn't have strong streaks.

Nooooo. Bet one chip on every number except the last one to just land and obviously not on either of the zeros because they are not going to land.

Then you are guaranteed a win of exactly one unit with 97.22% probability *

* I already eliminated those impossible zeros in the calculation.
Embrace the Variance
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 75
oneanddone
May 31st, 2017 at 3:25:03 AM permalink
Fixed your title.

There is no combination of bets that will win a net 1 unit without the zero hitting.

When I must play roulette, which doesn't happen often, I play the James Bond method (Ian Fleming books, not the movie).

Pick the last 2 of 3 hi-mid-low that won before you started, bet them equally. If either wins, you net 1 unit. Once a segment has lost twice, move your bet from that section to the unbet third, but always play 2 sections. Repeat as necessary.

Only play on 1 0 tables, not 0 and 00.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
RS
RS
  • Threads: 49
oneanddone
May 31st, 2017 at 4:30:24 AM permalink
If 0 is never going to show up, offer others 40:1 (or whatever odds you want) on 0. Fade their action. As long as someone bets on 0, you'll make a profit.

If you're on a single 0 game, betting every number but 0 will guarantee you break even every round. Although that certainly doesn't sound good, if you're playing rated, you'll get comps and all sorts of stuff most likely.
"should of played 'Go Fish' today ya peasant" -typoontrav
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 209
May 31st, 2017 at 5:24:17 AM permalink
I like roulette, though 5.26 percent is rather steep.

What the do at a roulette table is pretty simple, I'll use Red and Black as an example.

If you plunk five dollars down on either red or black and lose they take your five dollars; it it happens that you win, they take $0.26 from your winnings and give you the rest.

I still remember my first trip to Vegas. I shoved all my chips onto '7' to cash out and darned if the next number wasn't 7. Unfortunately when they asked 'are you cashing out' I had said yes.

I was an idiot then; guess I've been losing ground ever since.

• Jump to: