blrieger
blrieger
  • Threads: 6
August 28th, 2016 at 10:01:22 AM permalink
I just have a question on laying odds on don't pass and don't come in craps. I know it is recommended to play the don't pass line backed up with Max odds and same with the don't come line. If the point is a 6 or 8, is it recommended to reduce the odds bed or not lay odds at all?

Thanks
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
August 28th, 2016 at 12:54:37 PM permalink
Quote: blrieger

I just have a question on laying odds on don't pass and don't come in craps. I know it is recommended to play the don't pass line backed up with Max odds and same with the don't come line. If the point is a 6 or 8, is it recommended to reduce the odds bed or not lay odds at all?

Thanks

Believe it or not, and apparently someone who wants "no action" on the 6/8 would never believe it, the free odds get perfectly adjusted to the probability of winning or losing the bet, depending on the number. There is no reason to feel dejected if the number is 6 or 8!
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 28th, 2016 at 5:54:44 PM permalink
Odds get paid out at true odds (there's no house edge on them).

If you don't want to lay odds on the 6 or 8, then don't. If you want to, go ahead.

Some don't like to lay odds on the 4 or 10 because they are "risking a lot to win a little"....others don't like to lay odds on 6 or 8 because "it's easy to lose". Whatever.
billionaireben
billionaireben
  • Threads: 20
August 28th, 2016 at 6:43:40 PM permalink
I'd make a small place bet on the point if it's 6 or 8, just enough to make it a lock bet to win a couple bucks. Not worth risking for a point that's easy to make, but it's still a 9% player edge once the point is established. I think the don'ts should be allowed to take odds so they get to make more than even money on their odds bet. If the point is 10 and you place 1x odds, you either break even or make an amount equal to your don't bet (losing your don't and making 2-1 on your odds) or you could bet half of your don't bet and have a lock win. Yes, you can do a place bet or buy bet; but those have a house edge against you.
blrieger
blrieger
  • Threads: 6
August 30th, 2016 at 6:08:51 PM permalink
Thanks for the tips. I appreciate it.
  • Jump to: