Doc
Doc 
  • Threads: 41
August 11th, 2017 at 5:05:11 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Any suggestions of things to add or take off?

4. | Bicycle the Camino de Santiago

7. | Bicycle the Camino de Santiago

Suggestions? Maybe there is one you could replace.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 972
August 11th, 2017 at 5:05:28 PM permalink
Quote: LostWages

Wiz,

Ever since your "Mecca" trip wish, I've been wracking my brains to come up with a KTB or Kick The Bucket List. Here's what I've come up with - you are most welcome to use or modify my posting to make a new poll for Shackleford's KTB List! ...

Thanks for sharing your list. The sumo wrestling sounds very cool. I can't think of any eating-related things to put down. Great Barrier Reef I'd like to do but bucket list worthy, at least for me.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 6
August 11th, 2017 at 5:22:32 PM permalink
I am nailing a bucket Lister next week...Wrigley Field.
get second you pig
FleaStiff
FleaStiff 
  • Threads: 211
August 11th, 2017 at 6:44:04 PM permalink
Bicycle across the USA....
Can be anything from a week long race that is held every two years, to a less competitive camping trip in small groups.

Dalton Highway seems great but choose the season carefully.

Anything in New Zealand is fun. Hitch, bicycle, wwoofing. Don't ignore the music festivals they have there.

Have you thought of Argentina: wine country, volunteer organizations. Contact SpeakLink for host groups anywhere in the country. You could drop in on Speak English After Work groups...they meet in pubs. Home meals can be arranged but mostly you will be invited to partake of BBQs.

Sail solo across The Ditch (Tasmann Sea).

Sail the Northern Volcanos and combine that with the Auroa Borealis. Several countries. (Rifle mandatory in Spitzbergen though).

Bicycle down that Pennsylvania mountain route... 110 miles. Police inspect your brakes before the Starting gun.

Do the Sonoma County Pot Tasting tour.

Visit the Lost River (no known origin or outlet) ALL explorers have died.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 270
August 11th, 2017 at 7:31:29 PM permalink
I'd like to ride the zipline in Sun City, South Africa:

Sun City zipline

There's another zipline, this one a bit closer to home, that is also claimed to be the world's fastest; it's in Wales.

Heck, ride both of them.
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 402
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
August 11th, 2017 at 8:50:34 PM permalink
My list has only food and restaurants on it, that's
as physical as I like to get. I consider it a victory
if I can survive pushing my cart around Walmart
on my weekly grocery trip.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 11th, 2017 at 9:46:32 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

I'd like to ride the zipline in Sun City, South Africa:

Sun City zipline

There's another zipline, this one a bit closer to home, that is also claimed to be the world's fastest; it's in Wales.

Heck, ride both of them.

I would be happy to either one! Thanks for the suggestions. I have done the big two in Vegas and a bunch of little ones in Lake Tahoe but this gives me something to aspire to.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 11th, 2017 at 9:51:43 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Bicycle across the USA....
Can be anything from a week long race that is held every two years, to a less competitive camping trip in small groups.

Dalton Highway seems great but choose the season carefully.

Anything in New Zealand is fun. Hitch, bicycle, wwoofing. Don't ignore the music festivals they have there.

Have you thought of Argentina: wine country, volunteer organizations. Contact SpeakLink for host groups anywhere in the country. You could drop in on Speak English After Work groups...they meet in pubs. Home meals can be arranged but mostly you will be invited to partake of BBQs.

Sail solo across The Ditch (Tasmann Sea).

Sail the Northern Volcanos and combine that with the Auroa Borealis. Several countries. (Rifle mandatory in Spitzbergen though).

Bicycle down that Pennsylvania mountain route... 110 miles. Police inspect your brakes before the Starting gun.

Do the Sonoma County Pot Tasting tour.

Visit the Lost River (no known origin or outlet) ALL explorers have died.

You can see I already want to do the highest peak in South American, which is in Argentina, near the wine country. I'm sure I'll dink around the Mendoza region while I'm there. Already been to Buenos Aires so don't need to do that again.

As far as sailing, as much as I like boats, I still suffer from sea sickness. As long as the boat is moving I seem to be okay. I just can't take floating in the ocean with the boat bobbing up and down and up and down and up and down...

I would be more tempted to go UP that bicycle route. No challenge in going downhill.

Will look into the Lost River.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 63
August 11th, 2017 at 10:10:27 PM permalink
Have you been to the true highest point on earth?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimborazo
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 128
August 11th, 2017 at 10:21:19 PM permalink
What are the odds of surviving all those climbs? This all seems very dangerous, even the bike riding can get you killed. The list is too difficult imo and suicidal. No way Jose don't do it.
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!

• Jump to: