Thread Rating:

MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
September 1st, 2016 at 8:31:49 PM permalink
Quote: Joeshlabotnik

Of course! If two people sort of resemble one another, they MUST be father and daughter!

This is a load of crap, even for you.

Hey now, let's not jump to conclusions. There's a lot to be said for making inquiries about heredity from physical appearances. By that logic, of course, Donald Trump has a lot of answering to do. He is apparently the four-way crossbreed of a horse, a caterpillar, a blobfish, and a plastic troll doll:

Call the National Enquirer! This is important news based on legitimate scientific inquiry and sound reasoning!
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
billionaireben
billionaireben
  • Threads: 15
September 1st, 2016 at 8:54:06 PM permalink
While I don't think Trump is the solution, Hillary seems to side with the problem. Globalism is a problem. Watch the 1988 movie "They Live", this seems to ring true. Also, look at a map that shows where the Syrian refugee's will be sent; it's like a seed map of the nation.

You mention 1933 Germany (alluding to Hitler), watch a documentary "Adolf Hitler: The Greatest Story Never Told." Every time I see something stated in that film that is questionable, I fact check it and it's just about always dead on. The one exception was that Hitler is still revered in Croatia, which has some truth as a major politician there spoke publicly about him and some Croatian ww2 vets revere him as well; but generally he is not. I wish my Grandpa was still around, he was a WW2 vet and a Professor of European history; I always like to have things reviewed by experts. I am not claiming Hitler was innocent or that atrocities did not occur; simply that the history we generally get is told by the winning side and paints a story that makes them look good.

I know for a fact that Democrats make up stuff to complain about Trump, because I work with them. I've campaigned for democrats, some I respect and trust; Hillary is not in that category. The last politician I wanted to win the presidency was Ron Paul, however Trump may fight some of the problems with our country. Illegal immigration, taking in refugees when we are not financially sound, illegal drugs (there is a Heroin epidemic and Trump and Kasich are the only politicians that have mentioned it.) I do like some of what Hillary says on solar power, I have met Bill Clinton and like him. I like Trumps daughters, he should clone them and distribute the 18 year old hyper age (to 18, then normal speed after) clones nationwide to his supporters.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
  • Threads: 20
September 1st, 2016 at 9:13:40 PM permalink
Quote: billionaireben

While I don't think Trump is the solution, Hillary seems to side with the problem. Globalism is a problem.

Actually, global trade and commerce enhances every nation's prosperity. Far from being a "problem," globalism is what makes our economy tick. We would be much poorer if we sold to and bought from only domestic markets. My favorite example of this is how American cars in the 70s and 80s were criminally defective deathtraps that wouldn't last over 100,000 miles. American cars are almost as good as Japanese ones these days precisely because of globalism. (You want a couple of examples of roaring success from shutting off global trade, take a gander at Cuba and North Korea.)

You see, Adam Smith articulated the Principle of Comparative Advantage well over two centuries ago, but hardly anyone understands it. Trade is a fundamental good. It enables everyone who participates in markets to have more choices and get more for their money. I can't believe the ignorant dialogue--from both sides--that attacks trade agreements as "costing jobs." A LACK of trade agreements costs jobs.

In a very narrow, parochial, limited sense, free trade can cause temporary unemployment in some sectors. But that's because the other guys can make Product X better/more cheaply than we can. THEREFORE, they, not we, should be making that product! Yes, workers in obsolete industries will have to be retrained. But that's better than a futile effort to keep those industries alive! Trump and conservatives in general are selling the Rust Belt a bill of goods, that somehow we can turn back the clock to the 1950s by sealing ourselves off from global competition. It can't be done, and we shouldn't try.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
  • Threads: 20
September 1st, 2016 at 9:18:26 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Even for me? I very rarely post now, you
must know me from a past life here. You
sound like Larry, how come nobody has
found you out yet. Only the guys from
the old GG talk like that to me, maybe you're
Garnbaby, or whatever his name was.

Babs will get you, have no worries.

Dream on, Bob buddy :) Babs has no axe to grind with me. (And yes, I overdid it just now with RonC, but she gave me a warning, which I understand.)

Please adhere to your new very rare posting frequency.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
September 1st, 2016 at 9:43:28 PM permalink
Quote: Joeshlabotnik

Actually, global trade and commerce enhances every nation's prosperity. Far from being a "problem," globalism is what makes our economy tick.

This article, from a libertarian think tank no less, makes the compelling argument that the size of government (that is, taxation and spending levels) are mostly independent of levels of regulation on matters like trade. The conclusions are pretty interesting.

http://www.vox.com/2016/9/1/12732168/economic-freedom-score-america-welfare-state
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563

• Jump to: