4 votes (3.36%)
3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
May 31st, 2016 at 5:22:09 PM permalink
Quote: MrGoldenSun

I've done my best here, but you are a lost cause. Thank goodness that attitudes like yours are increasingly rare.

What kind is that? The kind that refuses to accept that more discrimination is the way to "solve" racial issues in the USA?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
MrGoldenSun
MrGoldenSun
  • Threads: 3
May 31st, 2016 at 5:25:34 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

What kind is that? The kind that refuses to accept that more discrimination is the way to "solve" racial issues in the USA?

The kind that can consider new facts and information, and thinks facts are relevant and important. The kind that acknowledges other people may have different experiences than I do. The kind that doesn't assume the worst possible motivation for everyone different than me. The kind that doesn't ignore everything which might be problematic for my existing beliefs.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
May 31st, 2016 at 5:52:15 PM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

But China is reducing emissions and has pledged to continue to try and further reduce emissions. In fact most countries around the world have pledge to reduce emissions and are diligently working towards reducing emissions. You are right that the US should not be acting alone to reduce green house gases, but we are not acting alone towards reducing green house gas emissions. http://climateactiontracker.org/countries.html

First, I don't trust the Chinese. They are in an economic war with us. they aren't partners; they are thieves trying to steal the work of people here and elsewhere to mass produce it and profit. I certainly don't believe much that they say.

They have a long way to go--their people can't breathe...

"The air in much of China is so bad the government has repeatedly declared "war" on it. The enemy are tiny particulates which spew forth from countless cars, coal-fired power stations and steel plants to create a dense, putty-coloured smog. "

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-35351597

Greenpeace gives them more credit than they really deserve and we are supposed to think they really give a darn?
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
May 31st, 2016 at 6:02:37 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Did any of the really super extra brilliant people who know more than all consider that someone may have read the evidence available and decided that the climate change issue was not quite the immediate concern that everyone tried to say that it was? I have talked with actual scientists, in person, that do not believe things are anywhere nearly as dire as some would say they are.
There isn't a simple answer and saying that people that don't agree with you must have limited knowledge is condescending and insulting.

There's a world of difference between talking to scientists, evaluating the evidence, and then thoughtfully debating policy in view of that evidence -- and disputing the validity of the evidence in the first place. The conversation you want to have is a very legitimate one, but it's being precluded by people who think there is no causal relationship between industrial pollution and climate change (there is) or that scientists can't even evaluate what the climate was at any time prior to 50 years ago (they can).

It's going to take a lot longer than a few years to really screw up our society based on our current level of industry and what it's doing to our environment, but it's also not a legitimately open question that our industry is causing that environmental impact. Human industry almost killed off the Bald Eagle in the span of about 20 years last century, and there's a good chance they'd be extinct today if we hadn't stopped DDT usage cold turkey (no pun intended). Anyone who pretends that human industry doesn't impact the environment is delusional.

Donald Trump explicitly cited "predicted sea level rise" due to global warming in an application to build a seawall around his seaside golf course to prevent dune erosion, but in the next breath he says that climate change is a hoax. When in doubt which side of Trump's mouth you should believe (if either), it's the one most closely aligned with his money.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 31st, 2016 at 6:07:24 PM permalink

The kind that can consider new facts and information, and thinks facts are relevant and important. The kind that acknowledges other people may have different experiences than I do. The kind that doesn't assume the worst possible motivation for everyone different than me. The kind that doesn't ignore everything which might be problematic for my existing beliefs.

Sounds like a bunch of gobbleygook instead of understanding how the real world operates. Oh well, have a nice evening.
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
May 31st, 2016 at 6:22:38 PM permalink

Sounds like a bunch of gobbleygook instead of understanding how the real world operates. Oh well, have a nice evening.

Seriously there are mountains of evidence. I've given links to a very small amount of that. Can you do anything other than tell people to get over it. Discrimination is real I don't see how you can reasonably claim it isn't.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 31st, 2016 at 6:37:50 PM permalink

Seriously there are mountains of evidence. I've given links to a very small amount of that. Can you do anything other than tell people to get over it. Discrimination is real I don't see how you can reasonably claim it isn't.

Real or not my answer will remain "get over it." Discrimination will remain in one form or another. People will segregate themselves socially. Happens from the Freemasons to 1% biker gangs. The world cannot be regulated into some rainbow and unicorn place where everything is oh so perfect.

The first problem is folks like yourself will not admit that there are indeed differences among the sexes and races. But there are.

This guy goes into detail about it in a very intelligent way. And he has had his life threatened by blacks who do not like his message.
Twirdman
Twirdman
May 31st, 2016 at 6:47:16 PM permalink

Real or not my answer will remain "get over it." Discrimination will remain in one form or another. People will segregate themselves socially. Happens from the Freemasons to 1% biker gangs. The world cannot be regulated into some rainbow and unicorn place where everything is oh so perfect.

The first problem is folks like yourself will not admit that there are indeed differences among the sexes and races. But there are.

This guy goes into detail about it in a very intelligent way. And he has had his life threatened by blacks who do not like his message.

I guess it's easy to say get over it when you have the benefits of being a white male totally unaffected by it.

And yes there are differences between sexes, races is far more complex and hasn't been definitively scientifically settled. I did you the honor of linking to news articles talking about actual scientific papers. Articles which themselves linked to the paper if you wanted to read it yourself. I accept the same courtesy from you. I apologize that I have a far higher standard of evidence then some random radio host on the internet. I couldn't find any credentials that make me want to take him seriously.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
May 31st, 2016 at 6:59:51 PM permalink
She agrees it was a mistake but said that it is justified to make these mistakes. This is what Hillary is bringing.

\\https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNt3yfeQmA0
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
May 31st, 2016 at 8:20:31 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

There's a world of difference between talking to scientists, evaluating the evidence, and then thoughtfully debating policy in view of that evidence -- and disputing the validity of the evidence in the first place. The conversation you want to have is a very legitimate one, but it's being precluded by people who think there is no causal relationship between industrial pollution and climate change (there is) or that scientists can't even evaluate what the climate was at any time prior to 50 years ago (they can).

It's going to take a lot longer than a few years to really screw up our society based on our current level of industry and what it's doing to our environment, but it's also not a legitimately open question that our industry is causing that environmental impact. Human industry almost killed off the Bald Eagle in the span of about 20 years last century, and there's a good chance they'd be extinct today if we hadn't stopped DDT usage cold turkey (no pun intended). Anyone who pretends that human industry doesn't impact the environment is delusional.

Donald Trump explicitly cited "predicted sea level rise" due to global warming in an application to build a seawall around his seaside golf course to prevent dune erosion, but in the next breath he says that climate change is a hoax. When in doubt which side of Trump's mouth you should believe (if either), it's the one most closely aligned with his money.

You just had to bring up my bald eagles, as some loose jointed unexplainable link to something I already forgot. You should vote Libertarian with Mr V. You should invite all your friends, and your enemies, and people you didn't even know existed, to jump on 'that' train. You should contribute $$ to the cause.
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
May 31st, 2016 at 9:57:09 PM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

You just had to bring up my bald eagles, as some loose jointed unexplainable link to something I already forgot. You should vote Libertarian with Mr V. You should invite all your friends, and your enemies, and people you didn't even know existed, to jump on 'that' train. You should contribute $$ to the cause.

I can't help what you've already forgotten, but the link isn't unexplainable at all in view of the nagging yet ignorant theory that humans can never impact the environment. We obviously can. Some impacts are broader and take longer to be revealed, but there is no fundamental difference between humans releasing DDT into the environment and subsequently killing bald eagles vs. humans releasing industrial pollution into the environment and subsequently killing polar bears, coral reefs, and Donald Trump's golf course.

And I can't vote Libertarian as long as a totally unregulated market is part of their platform. Someone who favors completely unregulated markets despite living through the 2008 subprime crisis is just not thinking clearly. Or is already rich and trying to keep it that way at everyone else's expense.
Last edited by: MathExtremist on May 31, 2016
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
June 1st, 2016 at 12:03:14 AM permalink

This guy goes into detail about it in a very intelligent way. .

I'm sure there are hundreds of videos on interracial families made by interracial families. I've watched a few at least. Some are interracial by adoption and some by biological parents.

Kids act like their parents mostly no matter what color they are. The black kids don't follow black stereotypes nor do the white kids follow white stereotypes or Asian kids within the same family.

Your so-called "differences" don't hold up.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
June 1st, 2016 at 12:51:49 AM permalink
It may not matter to confirmed Trumpsters, but still think Trump was a character you should have stayed away from making the nominee for these very reasons.

Quote:

Retired Army Col. Peter Mansoor plans to vote for Hillary Clinton for president this year, but not because the longtime Republican and former top aide to then-Gen. David Petraeus has had a political conversion. He just thinks Republican Donald Trump is too dangerous to be president.

“It will be the first Democratic presidential candidate I’ve voted for in my adult life,” said Mansoor, a professor of military history at Ohio State University.

Clinton’s campaign hopes that there are many more national-­security-minded Republicans and independents who would vote for her, even grudgingly, rather than see Trump win the White House. Those voters are an important part of the audience for her case that she is fit to be commander in chief and that Trump is not.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/clinton-plans-major-foreign-policy-speech-in-california/2016/05/31/cf88c6c8-2768-11e6-a3c4-0724e8e24f3f_story.html
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 1st, 2016 at 2:36:59 AM permalink

I guess it's easy to say get over it when you have the benefits of being a white male totally unaffected by it.

I guess if you don't think having a target on your back and being assumed to be in the wrong when someone complains "unaffected."

Quote:

And yes there are differences between sexes, races is far more complex and hasn't been definitively scientifically settled. I did you the honor of linking to news articles talking about actual scientific papers. Articles which themselves linked to the paper if you wanted to read it yourself. I accept the same courtesy from you. I apologize that I have a far higher standard of evidence then some random radio host on the internet. I couldn't find any credentials that make me want to take him seriously.

Some things have been scientifically proven. Slavery only started because blacks could handle the hot work better than whites. It was genetic. Same gene that causes sickle cell anemia. Blacks are more predisposed to high blood pressure than whites. Muscle structure is different, which accounts for blacks being better at sports that require short bursts of speed and strength but as that need flattens out the advantage fades. So why not in other things? I have brought up how stereotypes are usually based in some kind of reality, but just get shouted down. If a person dares say one group might be predisposed for something in our society that person will be called a "racist," Studies will be geared to show "we are all the same" rather than an open mind to see if maybe just maybe one group is more intelligent as a group. And if one group tests low then the test itself gets attacked,

As to the radio host, he is just a guy who has experienced black culture and white culture and is reporting on it. He is calling out what most are afraid to call out. Things like how a white staffed fast-food place in the suburbs almost always has better service and better behaved customers than a black staffed one more in the city. He also calls out how culturally blacks are the architects of most of their own problems. His videos go a little long for me to watch all of them, but he is interesting to listen to so I just check for the titles.

Give him a listen if you like. "Science" is not needed see what is going on. I have said here before, black society in the USA has basically collapsed. I have also said that does not mean every last black is helpless. But he is a guy who looks at the behavior of and who that culture makes into heroes and says, "the hell with all this!" Discrimination and racism are not causing most of the problems, behavior is. If the behavior was not what it is, then the discrimination you claim would vanish for the most part,
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
June 1st, 2016 at 7:23:40 AM permalink
Those Trump University documents prove what we all knew: it was a giant scam. Trump is a con man. Yada yada.... Expect to hear a lot about this for the next couple of news cycles.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
MrGoldenSun
MrGoldenSun
June 1st, 2016 at 7:23:59 AM permalink

I guess if you don't think having a target on your back and being assumed to be in the wrong when someone complains "unaffected."

Whites are not the victim of discrimination in the US. The whole point is that all the evidence indicates white males are benefiting in aggregate from discrimination. Which, by the way, doesn't mean white males are doing something "wrong," but it does mean you are in an advantageous position.

No one is saying there is no truth to any stereotypes, or no difference among people. At least I'm not. I am saying that your policy of "systemic discrimination is not real, and I wouldn't care even if it were" is inaccurate, immoral, and selfish.

You seem to believe that your feelings of being "target[ed]" should be relevant, but actual, proven evidence of real issues should be handled with "get over it." That makes no sense.

Quote:

Slavery only started because blacks could handle the hot work better than whites.

What on earth? You're defending SLAVERY now?
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
June 1st, 2016 at 8:15:35 AM permalink
Slavery been around about as long as people.
Slavery that effected the USA resulted from advancements in sailing technology coupled with Europeans with guns and trade goods that allowed exploitation of primarily African Continent cultures that were less advanced technologically. Groups on/from the African continent were in the slave trade up to their eyeballs as they both coveted and feared the wealth and technology of the European 'visitors'.

Not sure that 'blacks' were inherently more suited to work in the hot sun. With a gun to his head, an Eskimo could prolly pick some cotton.
RonC
RonC
June 1st, 2016 at 8:21:38 AM permalink
Bill Kristol is trying to swing the election to Hillary without coming right out ans saying it. Oh yes, it all sounds good--we'll just toss another hat in the ring and make sure we split the Republican vote so that Hillary can win.

It would be interesting if that happened; it would be the third Clinton term aided by a candidates outside the Republican/Democrat circle (remember how Ross helped Bill!!).

No wonder he is known as "Dan Quayle's brain"...
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
June 1st, 2016 at 8:38:26 AM permalink

Slavery that effected the USA resulted from advancements in sailing technology coupled with Europeans with guns and trade goods that allowed exploitation of primarily African Continent cultures that were less advanced technologically. Groups on/from the African continent were in the slave trade up to their eyeballs as they both coveted and feared the wealth and technology of the European 'visitors'.

Not sure that 'blacks' were inherently more suited to work in the hot sun. With a gun to his head, an Eskimo could prolly pick some cotton.

Entirely correct. AZ's ridiculous idea that slavery "only started" blacks and whites is even more ridiculous given his religious beliefs. Some of the earliest parts of the bible are about slavery: Genesis 37 includes the story of Joseph being sold into slavery by his brothers, and Exodus is about the escape of the Israelite slaves from the Egyptian Pharaoh after the 10 plagues. And that wasn't about black or white -- basically everyone in that part of the world had olive skin back then.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
June 1st, 2016 at 8:55:34 AM permalink

Bill Kristol is trying to swing the election to Hillary without coming right out ans saying it. Oh yes, it all sounds good--we'll just toss another hat in the ring and make sure we split the Republican vote so that Hillary can win.

It would be interesting if that happened; it would be the third Clinton term aided by a candidates outside the Republican/Democrat circle (remember how Ross helped Bill!!).

Is he really actively trying to recruit someone? Or is it just talk?

When he sent out the tweet saying there would be a strong independent candidate, it seemed to me more like he was just trying to troll Trump.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
June 1st, 2016 at 9:23:27 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Is he really actively trying to recruit someone? Or is it just talk?

When he sent out the tweet saying there would be a strong independent candidate, it seemed to me more like he was just trying to troll Trump.

Who knows...but it looks like he is figuring out who to help the Republican loss be guaranteed:

"I know David French to be an honorable, intelligent and patriotic person. I look forward to following what he has to say," Romney tweeted on Tuesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/31/politics/bill-kristol-david-french-independent-presidential-bid/
RonC
RonC
June 1st, 2016 at 9:25:10 AM permalink
I know the Republicans have idiots on their side talking about running an "Independent"...but wouldn't it be interesting if Bernie decided to run as an "Independent" also???

Not going to happen, but I think he could make a real mess of things...
Twirdman
Twirdman
June 1st, 2016 at 9:40:19 AM permalink

No I don't remember this at all for two reasons one I was too young to pay attention to the election at those times and perhaps more importantly it didn't happen. In 92 before Perot rejoined the election Clinton had double digit leads in many cases 20%. Not to mention in exit polling of Perot voters the number of them saying they'd favor Bush Sr was roughly equal with a minor benefit to Clinton. In 96 Perot had basically no effect it was a landslide with or without him. http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/trump-would-lose-badly-in-a-third-party-bid-but-he-could-take-the-republican-down-too/

Why do people keep trotting out this myth.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
June 1st, 2016 at 10:28:07 AM permalink

Entirely correct. AZ's ridiculous idea that slavery "only started" blacks and whites is even more ridiculous given his religious beliefs. Some of the earliest parts of the bible are about slavery: Genesis 37 includes the story of Joseph being sold into slavery by his brothers, and Exodus is about the escape of the Israelite slaves from the Egyptian Pharaoh after the 10 plagues. And that wasn't about black or white -- basically everyone in that part of the world had olive skin back then.

Where do I start? hmm, at the beginning I guess.
I have no idea what your 1st two sentences say or imply, other than a jab at AZDuffman. Looks like something I might have written late at night ;-)
I always thought the Ancient Egyptians were 'Black' but that seems to be a disputed idea currently.

And now you are quoting the bible? Really ;-?
Twirdman
Twirdman
June 1st, 2016 at 10:33:58 AM permalink

Where do I start? hmm, at the beginning I guess.
I have no idea what your 1st two sentences say or imply, other than a jab at AZDuffman.
I always thought the Ancient Egyptians were 'Black' but that seems to be a disputed idea currently.

And now you are quoting the bible? Really ;-?

Well even if Ancient Egyptians were black that would still make AZ wrong since the Israelis of the time were olive skinned and it was the Israelis being enslaved in the bible. Your statement might go to make AZ correct if it wasn't for the fact that the only blacks that would theoretically be involved would be the ones doing the enslaving not the ones being enslaved.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
June 1st, 2016 at 10:42:16 AM permalink

Well even if Ancient Egyptians were black that would still make AZ wrong since the Israelis of the time were olive skinned and it was the Israelis being enslaved in the bible. Your statement might go to make AZ correct if it wasn't for the fact that the only blacks that would theoretically be involved would be the ones doing the enslaving not the ones being enslaved.

I read that four times. No doubt I missed something earlier in the thread that will explain why I do not understand this response. I will go back and look again.
Respectfully, 2F
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
June 1st, 2016 at 10:55:24 AM permalink
I'm not sure it matters, unless someone is stupidly arguing that slavery was an evil unique to whites, which I don't think anybody is.

But, America does have a large population of people who are a few generations removed from slavery, and one to two generations removed from a legal and formal oppression, transitioning out of slavery. Those people are black.

It seems that this kind of complete cultural devastation takes a long time to recover from. None of us will live to see it happen. Part of the reason people on the left and right say dumb things about this subject, imo, is they don't like the idea that their lifetimes cover just a chapter or two. They think we can or should be able to repair things overnight, but it just can't be done. So, they look for someone to blame.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
June 1st, 2016 at 11:00:21 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

I'll take +260 on Trump. If he has no shot, anybody is free to take my money.

I was trying to take +200 on Trump back when the GOP primary was still competitive and no one wanted my action then, so good luck now that he's the nominee. Settled on +150 with the Wiz and even (!!) with miplet because I was drunk and craving action.

I still think I'll win, but am a bit ashamed that I took even money.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
June 1st, 2016 at 11:07:39 AM permalink

Slavery that effected the USA resulted from advancements in sailing technology coupled with Europeans with guns and trade goods

I always thought the Mayans had slaves, I know the Cherokee did.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
June 1st, 2016 at 11:33:36 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

I always thought the Mayans had slaves, I know the Cherokee did.

Correct on both points. I am but the son of a women. Her roots are slightly hidden, even in the family tree. And then there was my dad. That tree has a long and sometimes hidden history too.

I will go to the Gentry family reunion in Hot Springs NC in a month or two. We will gather by the old gravesites and headstones, up on top of the mountain (Oddfellows cemetary - look it up) And that's just part of one side, and there are four sides to that generation, and it gets complicated after that.

I feel I can dance like an Egyptian, sometimes ;-)
RonC
RonC
June 1st, 2016 at 11:56:36 AM permalink

No I don't remember this at all for two reasons one I was too young to pay attention to the election at those times and perhaps more importantly it didn't happen. In 92 before Perot rejoined the election Clinton had double digit leads in many cases 20%. Not to mention in exit polling of Perot voters the number of them saying they'd favor Bush Sr was roughly equal with a minor benefit to Clinton. In 96 Perot had basically no effect it was a landslide with or without him. http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/trump-would-lose-badly-in-a-third-party-bid-but-he-could-take-the-republican-down-too/

Why do people keep trotting out this myth.

I never said that Clinton would not have been elected, but that Perot was (especially the first time around) a distraction.

If I said that it got Clinton elected, that would be a myth.

Bernie Sanders is a distraction to Hillary's campaign--at this point, he is getting attention that should all be hers except that he is running stronger than expected and won't quit running. He might keep Hillary from winning the general election, but he is a distraction.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
June 1st, 2016 at 12:10:24 PM permalink

I know the Republicans have idiots on their side talking about running an "Independent"...but wouldn't it be interesting if Bernie decided to run as an "Independent" also???

Not going to happen, but I think he could make a real mess of things...

In a four way race, with Hillary, Trump, Sanders as an independent, and a GOP-picked conservative as an independent, I think Bernie wins. Just my gut. Also, I think the order of finish with that lineup is Bernie, Trump, Hillary, GOP indy.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
June 1st, 2016 at 12:34:01 PM permalink

In a four way race, with Hillary, Trump, Sanders as an independent, and a GOP-picked conservative as an independent, I think Bernie wins. Just my gut. Also, I think the order of finish with that lineup is Bernie, Trump, Hillary, GOP indy.

Wake up, have a cup of coffee. It's going to boil down to Clinton and Trump. Odd choices for either side, IMO.
Don't 'think there will be a third party candidate on either side, just Imo.

The right thought the time was right (correct) for a Rep POTUS, that is why 17 ran for the office.
None of those 17 were fools, they saw the handwriting on the wall.
But what if they couldn't read the handwriting?

I think Trump will be elected in the fall. I think he will be elected for the wrong reasons.
That's my take, I may change my view tomorrow, I haven't placed any bets.
Well, except that by not leaving I have accepted the results that happen.

I did jump thru the hoops to reinvorgorate my passport, just in case ;-)
RonC
RonC
June 1st, 2016 at 12:42:27 PM permalink

Wake up, have a cup of coffee. It's going to boil down to Clinton and Trump.

ME was only commenting on a "What If?" I posted which I also said would never happen.

Did you smoke a little too much on the peace pipe this morning?
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
June 1st, 2016 at 12:49:29 PM permalink

ME was only commenting on a "What If?" I posted which I also said would never happen.

Did you smoke a little too much on the peace pipe this morning?

You posted a what if? And ME responded? Somehow I missed that, and NO, I haven't smoked a peace pipe in quite awhile. That must mean I'm in open warfare with many /most.

Didn't mean to get hostile, it's a genetic Tribal thing ;-)
RonC
RonC
June 1st, 2016 at 12:55:58 PM permalink

You posted a what if? And ME responded? Somehow I missed that, and NO, I haven't smoked a peace pipe in quite awhile. That must mean I'm in open warfare with many /most.

Didn't mean to get hostile, it's a genetic thing ;-)

I'll keep an eye on my scalp...
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
June 1st, 2016 at 1:01:24 PM permalink

I'll keep an eye on my scalp...

The Brits and the French used to pay for scalps, a rather unruly practice I admit. There might still be an underground market, I insist I don't know.

Taking of scalps should not be confused with AP play in casinos, usually ;-)
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
June 1st, 2016 at 2:22:48 PM permalink

I think Trump will be elected in the fall. I think he will be elected for the wrong reasons.

Here's my prediction: Trump will be elected. For the next four years, we'll be saying, "Oh, god, what have we done...." and the rest of the world will be saying, "Oh, god, what have you done...." Despite that, Trump won't really do anything terrible, but he also won't fix anything, either. Also during that time, the GOP will finish imploding. The far right evangelicals that have been trying to hijack the party since 9/11 will splinter off and be largely ignored as social progressiveness becomes more widespread and accepted. That will leave a base of much more moderate conservatives with all of the party power. The Democrats will face their own rifts over the next few years, though not nearly as severe as the GOP. A newly invigorated Republican party will face off with a weakened and tired Democratic party, and 2020 will see a very moderate Republican president take the White House, with similarly moderate Republicans taking the House and Senate.

Extended prediction: President Moderate Republican will be re-elected in 2024, but for his/her second term the Democrats will control the House and Senate.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
June 1st, 2016 at 2:48:04 PM permalink
Careful with third/fourth party. Hillary and Donald have such high negatives, third/forth party candidates will take many votes from both. If they win just a few states, neither party will make it to 270. Congress will choose the President.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 1st, 2016 at 4:33:08 PM permalink

I would expect that a college educated person would see the context of the conversation and understand that I was talking about slavery in the USA, not the history of slavery itself.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 1st, 2016 at 4:37:15 PM permalink

What on earth? You're defending SLAVERY now?

What on earth ever gave you that idea?
onalinehorse
onalinehorse
  • Threads: 1
June 1st, 2016 at 4:57:18 PM permalink
Republicans missed their chance, I think. Too late to get a third party moderate on the ballot. Somebody to keep trump and Hillary from the 270 electoral college votes. Then it goes to House where I believe the choices are restricted to the top 3 vote getters.

Does anybody know of a poll that is correlating popular vote to electoral college ? ? ?
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
June 1st, 2016 at 5:24:11 PM permalink

I would expect that a college educated person would see the context of the conversation and understand that I was talking about slavery in the USA, not the history of slavery itself.

This college educated person understands that slavery in the USA did not magically spring into existence separately from the widespread practice of slavery in other parts of the world at the time, especially Latin American colonies of other European nations, and also that colonial slavery had nothing to do with "blacks being able to handle the hot work better." You're 0-for-2. You could read up on it and educate yourself. Or, you know, just keep doing what you're doing instead.
onalinehorse
onalinehorse
  • Threads: 1
June 1st, 2016 at 5:43:06 PM permalink

I think Bernie nor anyone else in this scenario gets 270 electoral votes, Republican House picks the winner, won't be Bernie.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
June 1st, 2016 at 5:45:53 PM permalink
Was taking a nap, woke up from the nightmare below.

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 1st, 2016 at 6:01:46 PM permalink

This college educated person understands that slavery in the USA did not magically spring into existence separately from the widespread practice of slavery in other parts of the world at the time, especially Latin American colonies of other European nations, and also that colonial slavery had nothing to do with "blacks being able to handle the hot work better." You're 0-for-2. You could read up on it and educate yourself. Or, you know, just keep doing what you're doing instead.

I am hardly 0 for 2. I am educated on the subject. You are the one who needs to read with more critical thinking.

Sorry to break it to you, but blacks being able to handle the hot weather was a major factor in it taking hold. There were plenty of indentured servants prior to slavery, but the Africans could work the hot fields better, especially the rice fields.

Your PC views are clouding common sense thinking.

Blacks handle hot weather better than whites. I have both read it and seen it happen.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
June 1st, 2016 at 6:04:41 PM permalink

Some things have been scientifically proven.

Which makes it strange that you make such a strong effort to ignore and horribly distort these so-called scientific "proofs"

Slavery only started because blacks could handle the hot work better than whites.

The first colonies to legalize slavery were Massachusetts and Connecticut. It was a tradition they took from cold weather England.

Same gene that causes sickle cell anemia.

Being a carrier for sickle cell anemia protects against malaria not hot temperatures.

Blacks are more predisposed to high blood pressure than whites.

That's only true for American blacks who have ancestors who survived the slave trade. African Americans have much higher rates of hypertension than blacks from other parts of the world

Muscle structure is different, which accounts for blacks being better at sports that require short bursts of speed and strength but as that need flattens out the advantage fades.

Only true for west Africans. East Africans are among the very worst at sports requiring high power output.

If a person dares say one group might be predisposed for something in our society that person will be called a "racist,"

That's because usually it comes from a place of ignorance, as you're doing such a great job of showing. Rarely does it come from some sort of scientific understanding. And ignorance is the same place that racism comes from, so there is likely to be a strong correlation between the two

Studies will be geared to show "we are all the same" rather than an open mind to see if maybe just maybe one group is more intelligent as a group.

What "studies" are you referring to? The very first humans came from Africa and had dark skin. Which means that there is as much biodiversity within the world's black population as there is between blacks and other ethnic groups.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 1st, 2016 at 6:32:17 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

What "studies" are you referring to? The very first humans came from Africa and had dark skin. Which means that there is as much biodiversity within the world's black population as there is between blacks and other ethnic groups.

I am talking about any future study you will see. If a study proves differences rather than sameness, the people who ran said study will get blacklisted from any of the colleges or professional begging organizations where a person who is afraid of the real world depends on to make their livelyhood. Say one race may differ from another and all hell breaks loose. The PC world just cannot handle it.
MrGoldenSun
MrGoldenSun
June 1st, 2016 at 7:01:06 PM permalink
You nailed it, bro. All of academia is wrong about everything. Thankfully we have you to set us straight.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
June 1st, 2016 at 7:11:40 PM permalink

I am talking about any future study you will see. If a study proves differences rather than sameness, the people who ran said study will get blacklisted from any of the colleges or professional begging organizations where a person who is afraid of the real world depends on to make their livelyhood. Say one race may differ from another and all hell breaks loose. The PC world just cannot handle it.

Translation
I cant prove my position because nobody is crazy enough or has the guts to prove my position.
???????
Only from a conservative :-)
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
  • Jump to: