4 votes (3.36%)
3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
February 2nd, 2017 at 4:00:20 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Why are liberals always blowing something?

http://trumpdonald.org/

What fun and funny site
lol
Thanks Max :-)
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
February 2nd, 2017 at 9:10:30 AM permalink
If you are Dan Rather or Brian Williams, should you even be allowed to speak as a person in the press about honesty when talking about anyone else?
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
February 2nd, 2017 at 10:58:27 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Even Politico has him at 49 percent approval rating. Other post-inaugural ratings have hit 59 percent.

Congrats Donald! You hit 49 percent during your honeymoon phase!

I believe the other post-inaugural rating that you mention but fail to cite was probably a crappy right-wing Rasmussen poll.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
rxwine
February 2nd, 2017 at 3:33:51 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

If you are Dan Rather or Brian Williams, should you even be allowed to speak as a person in the press about honesty when talking about anyone else?

Who better to catch all the lies? They've already been held to a much higher standard than Drumph.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
ams288
ams288
February 3rd, 2017 at 7:49:29 AM permalink
Last night Kellyanne Conway claimed the media never covered "the Bowling Green massacre" that was perpetrated by Iraqi refugees.

(The Bowling Green massacre is complete fiction - it never happened. She made it up).

Twitter, of course, is having a field day over this. As someone who went to Bowling Green State University in Ohio, I find this particularly amusing.

Perhaps she was referring to this massacre?
terapined
terapined
February 5th, 2017 at 4:51:03 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Last night Kellyanne Conway claimed the media never covered "the Bowling Green massacre" that was perpetrated by Iraqi refugees.

(The Bowling Green massacre is complete fiction - it never happened. She made it up).

Twitter, of course, is having a field day over this. As someone who went to Bowling Green State University in Ohio, I find this particularly amusing.

This is rich
The fake bowling green massacre now has its own wiki page :-)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowling_Green_massacre
ams288
ams288
February 5th, 2017 at 5:36:54 AM permalink
Melissa McCarthy played Sean Spicer last night in what is, by far, the best SNL sketch in many many years...

terapined
terapined
February 5th, 2017 at 6:38:51 AM permalink

Melissa McCarthy played Sean Spicer last night in what is, by far, the best SNL sketch in many many years...

Too funny
What acting chops. amazing
Reminds me of the fantastic acting job Linda Hunt gave in the Year of living Dangerously.
ck1313
ck1313
  • Threads: 1
February 5th, 2017 at 6:56:53 AM permalink
Yes agreed it was very funny. Can't remember the last time I laughed out loud at a SNL skit. I have to say I'm one of those racist, white supremacist Trump supporters and I don't mind the way the left treats the president. It always made me sick the way they treated Obama as a God that could do no wrong.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
February 5th, 2017 at 8:00:55 AM permalink
Quote: ck1313

Yes agreed it was very funny. Can't remember the last time I laughed out loud at a SNL skit. I have to say I'm one of those racist, white supremacist Trump supporters and I don't mind the way the left treats the president. It always made me sick the way they treated Obama as a God that could do no wrong.

That's the difference, much of the right can laugh at this knowing the left still believes stuff like this helps their cause.

Meanwhile I laugh at the idiots violently protesting in Berkeley knowing they cost their side votes and hopefully $350 million in grants they got last year.

They left doesn't get it and I hope they never do. Add in some Trump policies working out and CA may be all the left has. Along with Keith Olberman.
  • Threads: 31
February 5th, 2017 at 8:30:36 AM permalink

"The information was correct, but the interpretations were not, and I did my duty up to the last minute." Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf (a.k.a Baghdad Bob)

Kellyanne Conway and many other trumpers on this thread and in the Trump's admin will have to concoct many alternate fact versions, and consequently we'll witness many "Baghdad Bob" moments in the next 4 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfAeMtcURg0

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/
terapined
terapined
February 5th, 2017 at 8:46:07 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

That's the difference, much of the right can laugh at this knowing the left still believes stuff like this helps their cause..

?????
Its comedy
The cause is to make people laugh.
If people are laughing, it helps SNL's cause

I see the left and the right can laugh at what is obviously funny
The big question
Can Trump laugh along with us or is he seething?
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
February 5th, 2017 at 9:07:04 AM permalink

So funny I forgot to laugh. Geezus, is this what passes for "funny" now? It sucked. Looks like it's time to pull the plug on SNL. Killer Bees and Baba Wawa was funny, but this is just crap.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
February 5th, 2017 at 10:03:17 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I love the Supreme Court selection of Gorsuch. Another Columbia man to replace Obama in the spotlight. Anyway, apparently he is qualified by any objective standard, so it will be clear after the successful confirmation vote which are the Democrats that will just be obstructionists and vote against anything that Trump is for. And which Democrats are willing to put party aside and move the country forward. I think what the Democrats hate most about him is that he is only 49 years old and will be on the Court for 30 + years .
The preceding does not mean I think the Republicans were in the right for not considering Obama's nomination. And it does not mean I think there aren't many Republicans who would be obstructionist if the tables were turned.
But I live in the now. I can't wait to find out which Dems care more about their party and less about the country. Their vote on this will tell me.

Thanks very much exposing your hypocrisy for all to see. Did you make a similar comment on this thread or anywhere else when the republican senate abuse their power by not allowing even a debate on Merrick Garland? Did you speak out loudly and clearly anywhere here on this thread or any other blogs when Mitch McConnell and the Republican stated goal is to make sure President Obama be a one-term President ?

Your hypocrisy had given me a little insight to why we are now become flawed democracy.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/25/us-is-no-longer-a-full-democracy-eiu-warns.html

Because we are a democracy, and not a monarchy, autocratic, or dictatorial; so there is nothing wrong for the legislators to challenge each others, question and debate the policies, standing up on their principles, and not be a rubber stamp to any persons, entities or groups. But is outrageously wrong to be obstructionists to the like of Mitch McConnell and his Republican colleagues when their stated goal is to make sure President Obama be a one-term President?

Opposition views should be highly encourage, and we should not allow obstructions from any legislators regardless of political party affiliation. You live in the now, and the now tells you that there are many protests against the racist, sexist and rapist Trump, and these protests should be encouraged. And yes, we will clean up their trashes, and should be prepared to deal with the unintended violence consequences caused by few the bad apples because freedom is not free.

Shit happens! So does the electing of the racist, sexist, and rapist Trump to the POTUS happens!

And your comment seem to reveal your lack of understanding of our democracy. Do you understand the separation of power doctrine, and do you understand the important of the filibuster rule, and why does it exist? Do you understand the difference between obstructing and rubber stamping and standing up on one's principle?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
February 5th, 2017 at 12:04:00 PM permalink
Quote: 777

Thanks very much exposing your hypocrisy for all to see. Did you make a similar comment on this thread or anywhere else when the republican senate abuse their power by not allowing even a debate on Merrick Garland? Did you speak out loudly and clearly anywhere here on this thread or any other blogs when Mitch McConnell and the Republican stated goal is to make sure President Obama be a one-term President ?

Your hypocrisy had given me a little insight to why we are now become flawed democracy.

Because we are a democracy, and not a monarchy, autocratic, or dictatorial; so there is nothing wrong for the legislators to challenge each others, question and debate the policies, standing up on their principles, and not be a rubber stamp to any persons, entities or groups. But is outrageously wrong to be obstructionists to the like of Mitch McConnell and his Republican colleagues when their stated goal is to make sure President Obama be a one-term President?

Opposition views should be highly encourage, and we should not allow obstructions from any legislators regardless of political party affiliation. You live in the now, and the now tells you that there are many protests against the racist, sexist and rapist Trump, and these protests should be encouraged. And yes, we will clean up their trashes, and should be prepared to deal with the unintended violence consequences caused by few the bad apples because freedom is not free.

Shit happens! So does the electing of the racist, sexist, and rapist Trump to the POTUS happens!

And your comment seem to reveal your lack of understanding of our democracy. Do you understand the separation of power doctrine, and do you understand the important of the filibuster rule, and why does it exist? Do you understand the difference between obstructing and rubber stamping and standing up on one's principle?

Golly.... so much to answer! I did want the Senate to consider Garland when Obama nominated him. I would have voted to confirm him if I were allowed to vote. I do not recall if I made my feelings public on this forum. I will try and make you happy and make all my positions public in the future......
As far as the Republicans wanting to make a Democrat President a 1 term president, ummm... I think that has been true of EVERY first term Democrat President. And it would not be a big shock to believe that the Democrats want Trump to be a 1 term President. In other news, water is wet.......
As far as the filibuster rule, I have always been against it. Whichever party is in the majority. They are in the majority for a reason; they won enough of the elections nationwide. As Obama stated... elections have consequences.
Hypocrisy---- not me.....
I do feel sad for you. having to wake up every day thinking that you are being ruled by a 'racist, rapist, sexist, misogynistic, narcissistic, etc.' man, and it will continue for at least another 4 years. And there is nothing you can do about it other than whine and cry. I on the other hand am periodically embarrassed by Trump (most recently by "so-called judge") but accept the good with the bad. I think Gorsuch is a good selection. So I am happy when he does something good, even it is by accident. And when he errs I am happy we have a President who has powers limited by a judiciary and Congress.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
February 5th, 2017 at 12:22:16 PM permalink

Because we are a democracy, and not a monarchy, autocratic, or dictatorial;

Failed grammar school history, eh? We're not a democracy, never have been. Just where in the Constitution is the word "democracy"? Get back to us when you have a rudimentary understanding of civics.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
ams288
ams288
February 5th, 2017 at 1:28:55 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

So funny I forgot to laugh. Geezus, is this what passes for "funny" now? It sucked. Looks like it's time to pull the plug on SNL

You sound just like Donald.

Are you his ghostwriter?
February 5th, 2017 at 1:50:29 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Golly.... so much to answer! I did want the Senate to consider Garland when Obama nominated him. I would have voted to confirm him if I were allowed to vote. I do not recall if I made my feelings public on this forum. I will try and make you happy and make all my positions public in the future......
As far as the Republicans wanting to make a Democrat President a 1 term president, ummm... I think that has been true of EVERY first term Democrat President. And it would not be a big shock to believe that the Democrats want Trump to be a 1 term President. In other news, water is wet.......
As far as the filibuster rule, I have always been against it. Whichever party is in the majority. They are in the majority for a reason; they won enough of the elections nationwide. As Obama stated... elections have consequences.
Hypocrisy---- not me.....
I do feel sad for you. having to wake up every day thinking that you are being ruled by a 'racist, rapist, sexist, misogynistic, narcissistic, etc.' man, and it will continue for at least another 4 years. And there is nothing you can do about it other than whine and cry. I on the other hand am periodically embarrassed by Trump (most recently by "so-called judge") but accept the good with the bad. I think Gorsuch is a good selection. So I am happy when he does something good, even it is by accident. And when he errs I am happy we have a President who has powers limited by a judiciary and Congress.

There is nothing wrong in trying hard to represent your constituency, to do thing better for the country. And it is perfectly right for the Republican to wanting Obama to be one-term president, or for the Democrat to wanting the racist, sexist, misogynistic, narcissistic, and rapist Trump to be a one-term president. What is wrong is for McConnell and his Republican colleagues to engage in unnecessary obstructions in order to achieve their stated goal of making Obama a one term president. Fortunately, they failed in their effort of making Obama a one term president.

As far as your hypocrisy is concern, we have to agree to disagree on this.

Event though elections have consequences, filibuster rule was enacted to prevent the majority from abusing its power or to engage in too extremist behaviors. It would be a bad democracy if the goal is to satisfy only 51% simple majority, and 51% is just a number or a line in the sand to signify a winner or a loser in an election. But when it comes to policy/decision making that effect 100% of the population, a good democracy should make every effort to reach a solution or a compromised solution that represent a population much larger than the simple majority of 51%. For this reason, filibuster rule is necessary, and it becomes even more important now because we had just elected a person with such a flaw character and integrity who received about 3 million votes fewer than his losing opponent.

It is good to know that you are periodically embarrassed by the racist, sexist, misogynistic, narcissistic, and rapist Trump. Unlike you, I'm 24/7 constantly embarrassed by the racist, sexist, misogynistic, narcissistic, and rapist Trump. And unfortunately such embarrassment will continue for the next 4 years. And I'm not alone on this as evidenced by the continuing "whine and cry" by many in their protestings across the country. And I'm very thankful of these protesters' "whine and cry" protesting activities across our nation.
February 5th, 2017 at 1:55:01 PM permalink

Failed grammar school history, eh? We're not a democracy, never have been. Just where in the Constitution is the word "democracy"? Get back to us when you have a rudimentary understanding of civics.

Regardless of what the constitution says, we are a democracy. In speaking of the Constitution, the racist, sexist, rapist Trump could give us an constitutional crisis to deal with.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/constitutional-crisis-what-happens-if-trump-decides-to-ignore-a-judge%E2%80%99s-ruling/ar-AAmDkns?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

With regarding to grammar, I can proudly declare that I'm the WORST in this entire universe. So what is your point? Please articulate your point, but please don't be too lengthy like Face's articulation. Please keep it to a one short paragraph, or you will receive an angry "tldr" response from Paradigm.

Can you be as good as SooPoo and articulate that water is wet...?
Last edited by: 777 on Feb 5, 2017
bobbartop
bobbartop
February 5th, 2017 at 7:59:36 PM permalink

Regardless of what the constitution says, we are a democracy.

No it isn't, it's a republic. You don't know what you're talking about. Are you an American? If you're from China or somewhere like that I can excuse your ignorance of American History. But if you were raised in this country, you should know something so basic. Did you go to school?

Again, if you're not from this country, then I can excuse you. But now you know, we're not a democracy, we're a republic. There, you learned something. You're welcome.
February 5th, 2017 at 9:16:21 PM permalink

No it isn't, it's a republic. You don't know what you're talking about. Are you an American? If you're from China or somewhere like that I can excuse your ignorance of American History. But if you were raised in this country, you should know something so basic. Did you go to school?

Again, if you're not from this country, then I can excuse you. But now you know, we're not a democracy, we're a republic. There, you learned something. You're welcome.

If you take the alternate facts that are now widely championed by Kellyanne Conway & the GOP, and want to split hair and point out that the racist, sexist, and rapist Trump was elected due to a Electoral College process despite losing a popular vote by about 3 million ballots, then yes, America is a republic. But that is not in the context of my response to SooPoor.

And if you are saying because of gerrymandering, photo IDs and other voter suppression tactics primarily by the GOP, then yes, America is far from being a democracy. However, in the context of my response to SooPoor, democracy was used to bring up the freedom of expression discussion, but not a form of government. So, yes we are a democracy.

I assume you didn't go to school. But assuming that you did, then it was a total waste of your parent's money and the society's resource to educate you. Is this something new that you learned about my opinion of you, isn't it? And no, I don't expect an "you're welcome" from you.

And to address you concern about my education and alien status -- No, I did not go to school, and I came here illegally from planet Krypton. I'm an illegal alien here, but am a proud Kryptonian. And yes, I did vote in the 2016 election despite being an illegal alien.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
February 5th, 2017 at 9:19:57 PM permalink

And yes, I did vote in the 2017 election despite being an illegal alien.

Could you tell us whom you voted for, or at least who was running?
February 5th, 2017 at 9:25:45 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Could you tell us whom you voted for, or at least who was running?

If you believe that RonC did not vote for the racist, sexist and rapist Trump, then you must believe that I did vote for the racist, sexist and rapist Trump.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
February 5th, 2017 at 9:26:17 PM permalink

If you take the alternate facts that are now widely championed by Kellyanne Conway & the GOP, and want to split hair and point out that the racist, sexist, and rapist Trump was elected due to a Electoral College process despite losing a popular vote by about 3 million ballots, then yes, America is a republic. But that is not in the context of my response to SooPoor.

And if you are saying because of gerrymandering, photo IDs and other voter suppression tactics primarily by the GOP, then yes, America is far from being a democracy. However, in the context of my response to SooPoor, democracy was used to bring up the freedom of expression discussion, but not a form of government. So, yes we are a democracy.

I assume you didn't go to school. But assuming that you did, then it was a total waste of your parent's money and the society's resource to educate you. Is this something new that you learned about my opinion of you, isn't it? And no, I don't expect an "you're welcome" from you.

And to address you concern about my education and alien status -- No, I did not go to school, and I came here illegally from planet Krypton. I'm an illegal alien here, but am a proud Kryptonian. And yes, I did vote in the 2016 election despite being an illegal alien.

Despite what you may think or what your opinion is, the United States is a republic, not a democracy.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
February 5th, 2017 at 9:27:59 PM permalink

racist, sexist and rapist Trump.

February 5th, 2017 at 9:40:54 PM permalink
Quote: RS

MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
February 5th, 2017 at 9:45:57 PM permalink

Why are you insulting a highly regarded member of this forum by making fun of his name. You are really showing your ignorance. Sorry, gotta call it like I see it.
bobbartop
bobbartop
February 6th, 2017 at 12:19:16 AM permalink

.... and I came here illegally from planet Krypton. I'm an illegal alien here, but am a proud Kryptonian.

This is why Trump is going to build The Wall. We're sick of Kryptonians.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
February 6th, 2017 at 4:43:26 AM permalink

And in a follow-on:

This is trolling. You're deliberately misunderstanding the reference 777 made to SOOPOO about the international change in designation from "true democracy" to "flawed democracy" and interjecting a condescending distraction argument. See the link he posted before your first post (above).

Next:

SooPoor

at least twice.

It is a violation of our rules to change a member's name to be derogatory or mocking of them.

Several others piling on in both directions. Rudeness included by some. Very destructive to the forum for this to become the norm.

Ruling: offsetting penalties. Bobbartop and 777 are respectively warned.

Finally:

Additional warning to all members. From this point, dropping election snark into non-election threads will be considered hijacking and enforced more strictly than it has been.

The election is over. There are at least 2 other threads started about the Trump era (below). Please confine your political remarks to those threads so those who are not here to argue about politics can ignore them and not have to put up with hijacks.

As I said above, the election is over. Unless Trump persists with his ridiculous claim and investigates "3 to 5 million illegal voters" as he claims he will, it has served its purpose.

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/27906-will-trump-be-impeached/

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/28136-trumps-first-100-days/

This thread is closed.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: