jpr
jpr
  • Threads: 1
February 23rd, 2010 at 10:41:31 PM permalink
Is there any chance of getting an excel file or another format data set for Blackjack survey? I would love to be able to filter the table to find a "best tables" cheat sheet for wherever I end up along the strip.

Love the site by the way, I have been using it for years to brush up before each Vegas trip. Just bought your gambling 102 for a friend who never quite learns the rules.

Thanks,
JPR
wildqat
wildqat
  • Threads: 4
February 24th, 2010 at 11:48:41 AM permalink
I've just been copypasting the page into Excel. Step by step:

1) Select the entire page
2) Paste Special as text (not HTML)
3) Delete all the extra rows above and below the table and footnotes (including the Key, uness you think you need it)
4) Delete all the extra header rows (easiest way is to sort by "BJ Pays" and delete all the extra headers at the bottom)
5) Change the "6-5", "5-4" and "1-1" entries to "'6-5", "'5-4" and "'1-1" (Excel interprets them as dates instead of text; again, easiest way I've found is sort by "Game", make the edits manually and copy down)
6) Merge the footnotes cells across the table (otherwise they'll mess up the first column if you try to autofit the data)
7) Table it up

It takes me about five minutes.
jpr
jpr
  • Threads: 1
February 24th, 2010 at 10:35:54 PM permalink
Thanks wildqat! As soon as you said copy and paste into Excel, it reminded me to try the simple solutions before speaking :) Thanks again,

JPR
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
March 1st, 2010 at 9:28:09 PM permalink
If you buy a subscription at bj21.com you get the blackjack rules for the whole country in either Excel or PDF format.

JPR, thanks for buying my book. I heard somebody out there bought a copy.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
  • Jump to: