JayJay
JayJay
  • Threads: 1
February 21st, 2010 at 10:49:51 PM permalink
Question for Wizard: I was always under the impression that when we are taking out a card progressively form the deck, the edge of hte hous will change always in the same direction. On the web site Online Poker Room Review, under Baccarat, sited mentionned by Wizard on 1 site, if we take out 64 cards of the 0, the edge moved to the player, and we we are taking out all the 128 cards of the 0 value, the edge moved on the other side, on the dealer side.
Is this a mistake of the software or the edge moved correctly and not always on the same direction depending how many cards of the 0 value we are moving out?
JayJay
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
February 22nd, 2010 at 6:41:22 AM permalink
I think that calculator is correct. In general, removing 0-point cards is good for the banker bet. However, that is only good up to a point (that you'll never reach in actual play), and then swings back the other way. Assuming 32 cards of every other rank, the house edge on the banker is minimized at 66 0-point cards, according to that calculator. My only issue with that calculator is calling the banker bet the "dealer" bet.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
7up
7up
  • Threads: 3
May 22nd, 2010 at 3:06:45 AM permalink
Any idea how the calculator do the calculation?
  • Jump to: