AceTwo
AceTwo
  • Threads: 5
July 27th, 2016 at 12:24:44 PM permalink
Hi guys. I need some advice regarding BJ conditions etc in Vegas.
I am not from USA.
I will be in Vegas for a few days primarily for vacation and will play a little BJ.
I used to play as a serious Amateur Counter a long time ago (untill 2009) as at Green/Black levels (upto 2 boxes x $400) and now only play occasionally for much smaller stakes.
I played in Vegas twice, the last time in 2007. I got barred from BJ in an MGM property at that time.
I will be staying in an MGM property.
I expect my maximum bet to be around $200.

Should I play rated at MGM properties?
Will my name still be in their database as barred from BJ from 2007? (My surname is quite rare even in my country).

Can I fly under the radar with a max of $200.

What are the conditions like these days.
From what I remember in 2007 it was mostly 6D H17 with some 6D S17 at higher limits (which I mostly played at that time)
Do 6D S17 still exist?
Is 6D H17 what's best on offer or are the conditions even worse.
I do not want to play 2D if it still exists as it is much more scrutinised and I have very little experience on 2D games.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
July 27th, 2016 at 12:30:36 PM permalink
Hey AceTwo,

I would be quite cautious to play at MGM if that's where you're staying, especially having been barred from BJ there in the past. If you play there again and get in any kind of trouble you'll more than likely be booted from your room! It is "possible" they still have your name in a database... and might even be alerted that you're staying there when you show up. Not saying this is very likely, just that it's possible.

Vegas is by far Quantity over Quality these days. Tons of games to blast at, and few 'good' games to play at.

Your $200 max bet should fly under the radar at most places, pending time of day and other action I suppose. Also depends how hard you spread. $25-$200 you can probably camp this out all day on 6d games. $10-$200 you can certainly play for a while, but it would probably be best to keep your sessions shorter and just move on to another option.

Also, You won't find low limit blackjack that's not 6:5 on the strip. You'll have to go off strip to find $10 and $5 games that are still 3:2. MGM is known for being a bit sweaty, so again that's at your own risk. I'd simply suggest (if you're playing $25-$200) to walk up and down the strip and just play unrated at a bunch of different places. If you're only in town for a few days, you might as well play hard and fast with relatively little cover. You might get the boot from a couple places, but I'd imagine you'll find one or two that will let you swing away all day with that spread.... and do just that =).

Not sure if it's still decent, but check out hooters across the street.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
July 27th, 2016 at 1:29:37 PM permalink
The S17 games are heavily monitored, maybe more than the double deck games which tend to be spread out. I would recommend you settle with one of the 6D H17 games (liberal rules with HE of 0.48263, look at the BJ survey) as those are everywhere... not in their own little corner being constantly watched. If you insist, MGM has their $25 S17 tables at the back behind craps (as of 6 months ago). Monte Carlo and Bally's have* them in their high limit room.

Don't expect to get much in the form of comps for any blackjack you play, even if you get favorably rated.

* - Can't be sure about MC, Bally's has definitely had it at $25.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
  • Threads: 20
July 27th, 2016 at 6:30:21 PM permalink
If you were barred, you were probably read something saying that you would be trespassing if you returned to the MGM or any MGM-owned property. If that was the case and you tried to play at any MGM property in Vegas, you would in fact be committing a crime. And trust me, you don't want to be charged with a crime in Vegas. Civil liberties, and rule of law in general, are concepts for OTHER states.

If you got barred just from playing blackjack, the crime wouldn't occur until you actually sat down at a BJ table and made a bet. Same ultimate result though. Also, if you would be angling for any comps, you'd have to identify yourself from the start, and some little electronic flag might pop up.

There are plenty of places to play other than MGM Vegas properties, and Strip BJ is 90% 6:5 anyway. Hit the locals' properties: This and That Station, Gold Coast, Orleans, etc. Even there, a max bet of $200 won't draw that much attention--and you might actually get some comps to boot, which you won't get on the Strip (and the Orleans in particular has nice rooms and good food).
AceTwo
AceTwo
July 28th, 2016 at 2:37:42 PM permalink
Thanks guys for the advice.
I was barred from BJ (NOT trespassed).
It was a funny barring at Treasure Island out of my own stupidity.
I was barred by proxy.
I was playing at the High Limit area (I think there were no S17 games at the normal tables) for a shurt while rated.
I left the table and a guy in a suit told my wife (he saw as togther obviously from the cameras) that I am not welcome at the tables.
The funny thing is that my wife (also counting and been more aggresive than me in the spread) had zero problem.
I was staying at the Mirage and the daysI played short sessions (very carefuly and been nervous) with no problem.
I left Las Vegas and came back again at teh Mirage 8 days later and played 2 shorty sessions with zro problem.
The next day I also was told at the Mirage no mor BJ, I can play any other game.
They hnoured all the comps I was alloed for my play
(I have kept verty good records from those days).

So I will probably play unrated for short periods at MGM properties.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
July 28th, 2016 at 3:02:04 PM permalink
MGM properties are usually good for just a back off or flat bet.

Also, they don't rate for $h!t at bj so I wouldn't worry about using a card anyway.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
July 28th, 2016 at 4:07:33 PM permalink
Quote: Joeshlabotnik

There are plenty of places to play other than MGM Vegas properties, and Strip BJ is 90% 6:5 anyway. Hit the locals' properties: This and That Station, Gold Coast, Orleans, etc. Even there, a max bet of $200 won't draw that much attention--and you might actually get some comps to boot, which you won't get on the Strip (and the Orleans in particular has nice rooms and good food).

A $40 bet much less $200 will attract attention at Gold Coast? People have been flat bet there spreading 5-20!!!!
AceTwo
AceTwo
July 31st, 2016 at 7:58:22 AM permalink
I am used to 6D ENHC ES10 (Early Surrender except Against Ace) rules
I did a summary of BS Changes from these rules to US rules as follows:

6D S17 (US rules)
11 v 10 Double
A,A v A Split
8,8 v 10 Split
8,8 v A Split
Late Surrender the same : 16 v 9, 16 v 10, 16 v A, 15 v 10

6D H17 - Additional changes
11 v A Double
S19 v 6 Double
Additional Late Surrender: 17 v A, 15 v A and 8,8 v A

2 DECKS - Additional changes
9 v 2 Double
S18 v 2 Double

Have I missed any changes or are any of the above wrong?
  • Jump to: