Thread Rating:

sleepingvery
sleepingvery
Joined: May 14, 2017
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 16
June 30th, 2017 at 6:52:42 AM permalink
Quote: NokTang

Yes, I mean Solitare seems more upscale. However, my experiences are limited to exposure to the




i understand what you mean, i have always known this is a big world, and there are many different human conditions.

i think okada wants to be very upscale and it sure looks impressive, japanese is also famous for their attention to details, i would very much want to put together a trip there. but probably not in the immediate future...

i hope things will become better for you, it is never easy to navigate life in these modern rapidly changing times...
NokTang
NokTang
Joined: Aug 15, 2011
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 1069
June 30th, 2017 at 7:23:26 AM permalink
Quote: sleepingvery


i hope things will become better for you, it is never easy to navigate life in these modern rapidly changing times...



I've depended on the old fashioned method, mail. In fifteen years here in Thailand, two things have been lost in the mail. One was my replacement Social Security Card. Second now, a new VISA Debit Card allowing me to access my funds in the USA. Two, and only two. What a horrible set of circumstances.

I sense someone could take advantage of the staff in the Philippines. I mean the dealers and "suits". Something is out of balance. As an example, a craps boxman was caught stealing, putting chips in his shoe.
sleepingvery
sleepingvery
Joined: May 14, 2017
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 16
June 30th, 2017 at 11:57:37 AM permalink
Quote: NokTang


I sense someone could take advantage of the staff in the Philippines. I mean the dealers and "suits". Something is out of balance. As an example, a craps boxman was caught stealing, putting chips in his shoe.





i read somewhere casino loses way more money to casino theft than to outside thefts and advantage players.

in macau there are frequently news of insider theft of various kinds stealing from casinos and junket private clubs.
NokTang
NokTang
Joined: Aug 15, 2011
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 1069
July 1st, 2017 at 12:46:00 AM permalink
Quote: sleepingvery

i read somewhere casino loses way more money to casino theft than to outside thefts and advantage players.

in macau there are frequently news of insider theft of various kinds stealing from casinos and junket private clubs.



In Macau, do you have any insight on the junkets? I've always wondered how the credit was handled. I ask specifically if the "junket rep" has to front the money for the players or does the casino think they can collect from him/her after/if a group loss/win? Having some exposure in my life to these transactions, I can attest giving credit for casino play has a certain degree of risk. In the Americas, "junket reps" run like rats when a player doesn't pay his/her losses.

In addition, if a player comes there on the junket reps "trip" and doesn't play as agreed/expected, what happens? Do they charge the rep or does the rep try and lay off the problem to the hotel desk agents? This is another nightmare at the lower play levels.

Cheers mate.
supergrass
supergrass
Joined: Apr 6, 2014
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 55
July 1st, 2017 at 3:09:52 AM permalink
Quote: NokTang

I ask specifically if the "junket rep" has to front the money for the players or does the casino think they can collect from him/her after/if a group loss/win?


The junket company fronts the money. The junket has to collect the money from the gambler. The casino doesn't care; it always get its money from the junket before hand. The junket will harass the gambler+family physically. Usually works. If not, then they will make an example of the gambler and tell everyone as advertisement.

Quote:

In addition, if a player comes there on the junket reps "trip" and doesn't play as agreed/expected, what happens?


Maybe nothing. Maybe will harass the gambler for the trip/hotel costs.
sleepingvery
sleepingvery
Joined: May 14, 2017
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 16
July 1st, 2017 at 8:46:41 AM permalink
supergrass is right.

you see, gambling in china is illegal (see the recent austalian crown employees arrests), and is supposedly immoral according to the chinese communist party.

secondly, most of the new money generated in the past few years are from:

1. china printing renminbi by the tonnes (its real economy remains stagnant from many factories leaving the country)
2. corruption by communist party officials

therefore not only are the rich corrupted chinese not supposed to gamble, they are gambling with criminal money, that the government do not want leaked to the outside world

that means these macau casino customers are very messy and potentially dangerous, therefore by outsourcing them to the junkets the casinos can pretend they know nothing, and they need to do nothing - all responsibilities belong to the junket.

as for the junket operators, money-related murder and violence are very real. in the past few years there have been regular news of murder and violence inside mainland china, both committed by the junket operators on its customers, and also committed by indebted customers towards the junket operators.

such is the occupational risk of macau high-roller business.
NokTang
NokTang
Joined: Aug 15, 2011
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 1069
July 1st, 2017 at 8:15:57 PM permalink
Quote: sleepingvery


such is the occupational risk of macau high-roller business.



One has to wonder why billions(with a B) of dollars are being invested in Manila properties and development? I guess the old saying "gamblers find a way" applies. With Japan and Korea on the horizon it, the corruption and violence, will only get worse.
sleepingvery
sleepingvery
Joined: May 14, 2017
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 16
July 2nd, 2017 at 12:13:39 AM permalink
the gambling industry has always had associations with the darker side of society, no matter where it is in the world

e.g. drugs, drunks, prostitution, organized crime, theft, debts, bankruptcy, violence, depression, suicides, destruction of families, decadence, degeneration etc

such is the fact of human life.
KingoftheEye
KingoftheEye
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 64
July 8th, 2017 at 1:58:41 PM permalink
Quote: sleepingvery

i read somewhere casino loses way more money to casino theft than to outside thefts and advantage players.

in macau there are frequently news of insider theft of various kinds stealing from casinos and junket private clubs.



No more frequently than other markets. The Macau issues make the news because they are usually larger $ values involved.
KingoftheEye
KingoftheEye
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 64
July 8th, 2017 at 2:04:42 PM permalink
Quote: NokTang

In Macau, do you have any insight on the junkets? I've always wondered how the credit was handled. I ask specifically if the "junket rep" has to front the money for the players or does the casino think they can collect from him/her after/if a group loss/win? Having some exposure in my life to these transactions, I can attest giving credit for casino play has a certain degree of risk. In the Americas, "junket reps" run like rats when a player doesn't pay his/her losses.

In addition, if a player comes there on the junket reps "trip" and doesn't play as agreed/expected, what happens? Do they charge the rep or does the rep try and lay off the problem to the hotel desk agents? This is another nightmare at the lower play levels.

Cheers mate.



LOL. If you are asking this question, I would recommend that you should stay away from the junkets and stick to cash gaming. In the strongest way possible. This will be my only comment on this topic. Just stay away.

  • Jump to: