jonnysgood
jonnysgood
  • Threads: 1
February 2nd, 2010 at 10:54:35 AM permalink
Dear Wiz,
I was at a friends house recently and we all started to play blackjack i was wondering if you can calculate the odds on this game. both dealer cards were dealt face-up, dealer took all pushes, dealer stood on all 17s, there was no blackjack, double or split on "any" first two cards includng Ace and 10 value cards, split pairs up to 4 hands total, double after split, no surrender of any kind, if dealer has blackjack he takes "all bets" any idea on if this game can be beaten?
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
February 2nd, 2010 at 11:25:02 AM permalink
Quote: jonnysgood

Dear Wiz,
I was at a friends house recently and we all started to play blackjack i was wondering if you can calculate the odds on this game. both dealer cards were dealt face-up, dealer took all pushes, dealer stood on all 17s, there was no blackjack, double or split on "any" first two cards including Ace and 10 value cards, split pairs up to 4 hands total, double after split, no surrender of any kind, if dealer has blackjack he takes "all bets" any idea on if this game can be beaten?

See "Double Exposure" here. House advantage is about 1% but you gain on being able to split all 10 value cards (10 - K). The rules are also liberal for the splitting and doubling, but you lose on the no blackjacks and the dealer blackjack.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
  • Jump to: