Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 28th, 2011 at 7:46:43 AM permalink
I'm making some progress with a story I began back in November. I've had the first part ready for some time, but was stuck on part 2 and lacked time to do much about it. I got myself unstuck, finally, and have begun part 2 in earnest. What I want is to have part 2 finished by next Sunday, April 3rd.

So, assuming I can, I'd like to ask for volunteers to read the story and offer comments about it. If you're itnerested, PM me with your email address.

The full story is nine parts long. I've no idea yet how that translates to pages, but I'm more confident about calling it a novel now, albeit a short one. So this is a long-term deal. I hope to move faster once I'm past part 2.

What's it about? That's hard to say. The story line involves a woman who is attacked, then gets charged with manslaughter for killing her attacker. It continues on to a trial and its aftermath. But the story is really abuot the relationships between the players: the victim, the detective, the defense attorney and the district attorney. There are some twists throughout, and one surprise right at the end.

Thank you
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Nareed
Nareed
March 28th, 2011 at 12:34:36 PM permalink
Oh, yeah, the title is "Keeping Secrets."
Nareed
Nareed
March 29th, 2011 at 8:38:15 AM permalink
Got one! But since I'm getting responses via PM, I can't even say who it is.

I may keep bumping this thread up until I get enough test subjects to open a research lab :P

Anyway. Part one "The Detective's Dream" is done and ready for shipment. Part 2 "Victim" is progressing well. As soon as I get over the Victim's narrative of the attack, I hope, I should finish it quickly.
Nareed
Nareed
March 30th, 2011 at 9:40:05 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

I may keep bumping this thread up until I get enough test subjects to open a research lab :P

May? I'm so funny sometimes.

But I will add something. I've done a minor tweak with the titles of each part, otherwise "Absolution" simply doesn't fit. As of now these are:

The Detective's Dream
Victim
Detective
Lawyer
The Detective's Trial
The Victim's Dream
District Attorney
Absolution
The District Attorney's Dream

I've noticed I get minimalist when revising or making changes. Perhaps I should re-title everything a bit more.
Nareed
Nareed
March 31st, 2011 at 7:59:02 AM permalink
Obligatory bump of the day.

Anyway, Here's how I may re-title the parts:

The Detective's Dream
Attack
Investigation
Arraignment
Trial
The Victim's Dream
Testimony
Absolution
The District Attorney's Dream

I don't like this title set at all. It's too impersonal.
Nareed
Nareed
April 1st, 2011 at 8:12:55 AM permalink
Ok, this is the last bump until I'm done with part 2. I've missjudged, again, what free time I'd have for writing. My hope now is to get enough time over the weekend to do part 2 and start part 3.
  • Jump to: