Yoyomama
Yoyomama
  • Threads: 47
February 28th, 2011 at 6:56:54 AM permalink
Charlie Sheen is already asking for a 50% raise to go back to work. Will he ever do One and a Half Men again?

I have only watched 2 and 1/2 minutes of the show since it began and don't golf but I am fascinated by guys like Charlie Sheen, Tiger Woods and other famous people & athletes that seem to have it all yet somehow manage to screw up their lives big time.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
February 28th, 2011 at 7:23:48 AM permalink
I think people that "have it all" screw up their lives at the same rate as people who don't.

A lot of the extremely wealthy/powerful get that way by thinking they are omnipotent. That thinking leads to that behavior.

As for his show, I can't believe how popular it is. It can be funny at times, but I think it might be the top rated sitcom currently, which blows me away.

My favorite sitcom on TV: Modern Family.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
February 28th, 2011 at 8:08:23 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

As for his show, I can't believe how popular it is. It can be funny at times, but I think it might be the top rated sitcom currently, which blows me away.

My favorite sitcom on TV: Modern Family.

Two and a half men went to it's highest levels for the season since New Year's Eve. Modern Family is just edging out the reruns (last new "2.5 men" aired 5 weeks ago). Controversy is good for ratings.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
February 28th, 2011 at 8:26:26 AM permalink
Charlie's latest rant on the radio reminded of some posters on certain websites in it's stunning amount of arrogance and lack of self awareness.

Stick a fork in Charlie, he's done for now. I din't think you can piss off the producer and the writer like that and survive.

How this will effect the other stars of that show remains to be seen. I smell "spin off", or they'll kill of Charlie's character and close it out.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 28th, 2011 at 8:34:25 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Stick a fork in Charlie, he's done for now.

I wish.

Scandals are good for Hollywood types. So long as he doens't commit a major felony he will be ok. And even that's not so certain, look at Roman Polansky (if you can stand to). His show may be done, but his career isn't.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
February 28th, 2011 at 8:46:31 AM permalink
Charlie is saying he can go toe to toe with substance abuse and lick it all by himself, with arrogance to boot, and with one hell of a substance to pick to boot. I'll erect a statue to him out of my own money if he actually can pull that off.

The show may go on, however.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Nareed
Nareed
February 28th, 2011 at 8:54:22 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

The show may go on, however.

I haven't seen the show since the sereis premiere (it was that bad), but most shows die if you remove the star. Thay may try if it's popular enough, but the track record for such thigns is terrible. Remember John Ritter's last show? With the best will in the world, even from the audience, and a rather good cast, the show died with him.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
February 28th, 2011 at 9:59:52 AM permalink
Jon Cryer makes that show as much as Charlie Sheen. But I agree Sheen is indispensable. The kid is interchangeable. I actually think the show is really funny.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
February 28th, 2011 at 10:09:50 AM permalink
actually, I didnt mean to suggest the show could go on without Charlie, just that he may not have hit bottom with substance abuse and may keep doing the show.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
February 28th, 2011 at 10:30:03 AM permalink
Heh, I heard a lot of a recent interview he gave, and it sounds like he's taking a fast train off a short bridge. Also, it had some GREAT unintentional comedy and quotable quotes!

He may have a few reprieves in the form of residuals and book deals, but I'm guessing he either 1) burns bright and dies fast, or 2) follows a Mickey Rourke-type career, reappearing in a decade or two in a mea culpa Wrestler-type movie.

My $0.02.
Nareed
Nareed
February 28th, 2011 at 10:59:35 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

actually, I didnt mean to suggest the show could go on without Charlie, just that he may not have hit bottom with substance abuse and may keep doing the show.

Fair enough. But substance addicts with self-destructive tendencies tend to hit bottom and relapse many times. as I recall, Sheen has done so in the past.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
February 28th, 2011 at 3:33:20 PM permalink
"I will deploy my ordinance" is already becoming the catchphrase of the year.

I also like, "The only thing I am addicted to is winning." Hey, I may make that my signature!
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 28th, 2011 at 4:50:42 PM permalink
The first few years were funny, but since the fat kid got bigger than the adults, its not that funny anymore. The fact that such a sophomoric show, about loose women and a guy with no morals, is still on the air, speaks volumes about the intelligence of the viewing public.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
teeth1
teeth1
  • Threads: 2
February 28th, 2011 at 5:34:09 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

The first few years were funny, but since the fat kid got bigger than the adults, its not that funny anymore. The fact that such a sophomoric show, about loose women and a guy with no morals, is still on the air, speaks volumes about the intelligence of the viewing public.

That's what always got me about this show and Frazier too - a different woman every week.
Do people like this actually exist in real life?
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
March 1st, 2011 at 8:27:01 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
March 1st, 2011 at 9:14:02 AM permalink
You kidding? The guy's riding a mercury surfboard on the media tsunami! Who'd want to get off and go back to work?

We should ALL be allowed to be Charlie Sheen, at least for a couple days a year, so we would know what it is like to be a god.
A falling knife has no handle.
Nareed
Nareed
March 1st, 2011 at 9:20:48 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

We should ALL be allowed to be Charlie Sheen, at least for a couple days a year, so we would know what it is like to be a god.

He was on at the end of "Being John Malkovich"

Just an amazing coincidence, no doubt.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
March 1st, 2011 at 9:26:24 AM permalink
They'll just replace Charlie Sheen with Emilio Estavez and no one will know the difference.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
  • Jump to: