GWAE
GWAE 
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 66
  • Posts: 6137
July 2nd, 2017 at 7:55:00 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Quote: Canyonero

I am all for consistency. As long as tobacco is allowed, there is no good reason not to allow cannabis at the tables. Ban both from existence...


Fixed that for you. ☺



Agreed. I can't wait until the first person does from a dui from a new user.

Btw, why are tourist excited about the new law. In order to smoke it they are basically breaking the law the same as if they did it before. I guess there are edibles though
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 136
  • Posts: 3484
July 2nd, 2017 at 8:27:02 AM permalink
Correct, you can only enjoy in a private residence. Most tourists that smoke won't care and will smoke it in hotel rooms, though no one will know if you consume edibles like you said.

Worst case is the hotel hallways smell like NBA All Star weekend all over again for those who remember that.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 919
July 2nd, 2017 at 8:51:41 AM permalink
You cannot smoke in public or the casinos, which I agree with.

I think if you have a smoking hotel room you should be able to smoke it there, but I've been told at the Flamingo that they will trespass you if they smell it in your room. But the smell of the hallways there tells a different story.

My suggestion for tourists staying at a hotel is to get edibles or a vape pen, the latter is pretty much indistinguishable from an e-cig and has about 1% of the smell of burning the plant.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 52
  • Posts: 1916
July 2nd, 2017 at 9:16:02 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

You cannot smoke in public or the casinos, which I agree with.

I think if you have a smoking hotel room you should be able to smoke it there, but I've been told at the Flamingo that they will trespass you if they smell it in your room. But the smell of the hallways there tells a different story.

My suggestion for tourists staying at a hotel is to get edibles or a vape pen, the latter is pretty much indistinguishable from an e-cig and has about 1% of the smell of burning the plant.



Be very careful with edibles. Eight of us split a bar for Dead and Company, and It kicked my ass. Won't be doing that again.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 919
July 2nd, 2017 at 9:25:19 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Be very careful with edibles. Eight of us split a bar for Dead and Company, and It kicked my ass. Won't be doing that again.


Very good advice. Edibles can put you on your ass very easily. You should eat a small amount at first and wait at least 2 hour shift to get a feel for whatever product you have. Eating THC is a whole different beast than smoking. Worst case is that you are uncomfortably high for the better part of a day.

With it being legal now though, they are a little more predicable as the THC dosage is lab tested and equally distributed throughout a portion. If that bar was homemade, it's possible you got the entire dose in a 1/8 piece.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 52
  • Posts: 1916
July 2nd, 2017 at 9:41:07 AM permalink
No, it was store bought with supposedly an equal amount in all eight squares. I rarely smoke anymore, perhaps three times in the last five years, but some of my Brothers smoke everyday and it kicked our collective asses. Felt more like mild acid than a pot high.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
RogerKint
RogerKint
Joined: Dec 5, 2011
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 1184
July 2nd, 2017 at 9:43:57 AM permalink
There was a cop on TV talking about how one can't even smoke it in one's apartment. Not sure if that applies to condos. Each HOA may be different. Having managed apartments, that was a big complaint from people with children.
ahiromu
ahiromu
Joined: Jan 15, 2010
  • Threads: 109
  • Posts: 1903
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
July 2nd, 2017 at 10:13:02 AM permalink
Tresspassing people without a warning for smoking dope would be as "anti-Vegas" as casinos could get (exceptions exist). This is why they need to set up a "smoke shop" experience (sell small amounts, give people a place to smoke). Ban alcohol, rent bongs, sell cool ranch doritos, maybe have video poker. It would be a wonderful business for a hole in the wall at the strip & Harmon. You know all those little independent shops?

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.107437,-115.1728568,3a,60y,109.88h,92.25t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjeZThZbW1sivBGeGwilSFQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Delivery places appear to still be advertising. I wonder how long before they're shut down. Same thing happened in Seattle, dealers became semi-legit weed delivery, but got shut down after there became a way to legally buy/sell.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
RisingDough
RisingDough
Joined: Oct 4, 2016
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 170
July 2nd, 2017 at 11:46:38 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Be very careful with edibles. Eight of us split a bar for Dead and Company, and It kicked my ass. Won't be doing that again.





I was playing poker at Planet Hollywood in March and two guys next to me pulled out some edible gummy bears. They split one in two and shared it. Within 30 minutes they were both showing the effects, laughing and loud. They both ended up losing their stack!

Obvious conclusion: Edibles make you lose at poker but have fun in doing so.
What is life if not a gamble?
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 136
  • Posts: 3484
July 2nd, 2017 at 12:18:37 PM permalink
Quote: RisingDough

I was playing poker at Planet Hollywood in March and two guys next to me pulled out some edible gummy bears. They split one in two and shared it. Within 30 minutes they were both showing the effects, laughing and loud. They both ended up losing their stack!

Obvious conclusion: Edibles make you lose at poker but have fun in doing so.



Look for poker rooms to start springing back up in Vegas like it's 2003 again if this happens.

  • Jump to: