LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
  • Threads: 32
July 5th, 2017 at 12:21:27 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

It's a bigger scam marihuana was ever illegal, being a plant that doesn't hurt anyone and was so useful as hemp.

Amen to that, onenick. And, endorsed by none other than God hisself.

Today's lesson is from Chapter 1 of Genesis, the very first book of the Bible (KJV):
  • Verse 11: And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
  • Verse 12: And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
  • Verse 29: And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the [sic] which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Not quite sure how the grammar fault got into the last verse. But, it did come just after God reported that the grass was good. I just wish I had some of what He was consuming when that was dictated to an Angel.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 63
July 5th, 2017 at 12:55:47 PM permalink
Quote: LuckyPhow

Today's lesson is from Chapter 1 of Genesis, the very first book of the Bible (KJV):

• Verse 11: And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
  • Verse 12: And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
  • Verse 29: And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the [sic] which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Not quite sure how the grammar fault got into the last verse. But, it did come just after God reported that the grass was good. I just wish I had some of what He was consuming when that was dictated to an Angel.

Believing in God is the biggest scam of all.
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
July 5th, 2017 at 1:22:48 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

... usually have opioids or other painkiller prescriptions unfilled (or take one, get no relief, and toss the rest out).

.... they gave me hydrocodone/oxycontin prescriptions I filled but didn't use.

Openly sobbing here.

Dip them s#$%s in chocolate, stuff em in an Entenmanns, and ship it. Pain's gone political and it bloody hurts =p

Is SOOPOO here? I gotta laugh (Willamdafoe.gif) as some chick at work got a tooth pulled and was handed a 30pk, and another sprained his ankle and got a 30pk, whereas I have torn my bicep out of my shoulder and wasn't even offered an Advil. Ditto for an abscessed tooth x 3, ditto for 4 crushed disks, etc, etc, etc.

Am I on some kinda list? This s#$% has me bonkers and not a single one of my jobs or hobbies mix well with home brew solutions.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
July 14th, 2017 at 7:15:27 AM permalink
Stop the presses...

State of Emergency in NV -- Weed In Short Supply

So, on the morning after the night before, stoners in NV are waking up to discover they smoked it all.

Well, not exactly. Seems there's a bottleneck in the distribution system that keeps growers from getting weed delivered to pot shops.

Strict State Regulations Causing Nevada Pot Emergency

And, don't think the emergency is only for the smokers. As the article notes, NV state government is counting on taxes from pot to fund education and other public services.

But when NV legalized pot, it also limited all pot distribution to the alcoholic beverage industry, to placate the industry's concerns about loss of business because of pot sales. Now the state is wrestling with the NV Supreme Court to allow emergency changes to the regulations, largely because too few booze distributors can pass the more strict requirements to transport pot. And it's critical that people get their pot Nevada gets those taxes!
monet0412
monet0412
  • Threads: 7
July 14th, 2017 at 8:14:22 AM permalink

Wasn't this before the Fall though? Some of this was even before the creation of Man and Woman? I mean after Adam and Eve sinned the earth grew thorns and thistles ( Artichokes are a Thistle... They taste good with Hearts of Palm!! ) and was cursed and tainted most likely that is when certain plants were corrupted and you can make drugs from them and change your state of consciousness? I mean before the fall, Man didn't have any knowledge of Good and Evil or maybe it was just Evil but the tree was the tree of Good and Evil right... ? Happier Times I am sure! Ignorance surely is Bliss... I'm finding that out after learning more and more and I would like to go back to being blind or uneducated! I am waiting for the next day's lesson :) However I refuse to contribute to the collection plate... I'm like ZK... I'm not tipping the Church or buying coffee or books in the bookstore right on the Temple Grounds... Mother F'ing Money Changers!! Even Jesus got pissed off at those people... I think it is one of the only times he got some righteous anger from my understanding? You think Jesus would of been on T.V. telling all of us to send our money to him? Send Jesus a Love Gift of 100 dollars and he will send you his latest book and dvd sermon?? Partner with our Lord and Savior for 500 dollars and he will send you this official prayer cloth?? One of the worst recent mind boggles is Rod Parsley getting throat cancer and using modern medicine but after radiation and surgery he is on the T.V. with his advertisements on how all you need to do is trust the lord and pray to be healed... WTF lol ?? I recall something about having to make a decision about serving God or Mammon... Mammon being money like Clint Eastwood said in Pale Rider!
Last edited by: monet0412 on Jul 14, 2017
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
July 14th, 2017 at 7:44:15 PM permalink
Quote: monet0412

Mother F'ing Money Changers!! Even Jesus got pissed off at those people...

Amen to that, monet. I doubt Jesus would embrace all that has been done in His name since His (supposed) death. And, to that, I agree also.

But, nowhere do I find specific reference to God reversing Himself on the basic issues of my original premise:
  • God created grass
  • God checked it out and reported that it was good
  • God told us we can eat it as food
And, to that, I agree also.
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
July 17th, 2017 at 6:17:26 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Believing in God is the biggest scam of all.

So true. Anyone who dares to explore the history of the Bible text is encouraged to read the NY Times bestseller by Bart Erhman, Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why.

Those who dare not should, as said in the Wizard of Oz, "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."
monet0412
monet0412
  • Threads: 7
Thanks for this post from:
gamerfreak
July 17th, 2017 at 7:12:02 AM permalink

So true. Anyone who dares to explore the history of the Bible text is encouraged to read the NY Times bestseller by Bart Erhman, Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why.

Those who dare not should, as said in the Wizard of Oz, "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

I not only explain to non believers but I find I have to try to explain to believers as well that you shouldn't get wrapped up in the exact text or each individual word. Yes it is true that you can find many clerical errors in the good book. This is not the point. The point is the story and the meaning behind each individual story. Nothing can cut the human heart like those stories and it doesn't matter if they changed a word here or there or phrase. When you tell the story of an adulteress sitting inside of the stoning pit about to be stoned and everyone tells Jesus what she has done and why they are about to stone her and ask him if they are justified in doing so because it is written in the Mosaic Law.... Jesus doesn't even bother speaking. He just writes some simple sentence in the sand that says let the first man without sin cast the first stone. After they all leave it is pretty clear that she is emotionally distraught and begging for forgiveness. He simply tells her that he doesn't condemn her and neither have any of her accusers. Go and Sin no more.

This is just one example. It doesn't even matter if the story is true or isn't true. It is the meaning behind the story and what is trying to be said here. I never understand the hate for The Bible or Jesus anyways. All I ever see in that book is him trying to tell everyone to love one another and get along. He even sums up the law into two simple parts about how you should Love God above all and secondly Love your Neighbor as you do yourself. He changes the game compared to the Old Testament challenging people to even Love your Enemies and Do Good to them that Curse you or Hate you or Speak Ill of you. He claims that if you only Love those that Love you... you have no reward or are no better than the next guy.

Believe or Don't Believe what you want. I am not here to try to change your mind on anything. My point is that it doesn't matter how they changed the stories or who wrote what and when. The point is the stories themselves and they are every day simple stories that are easy to understand. If people want to get into debates about the book contradicting itself or each individual word is verbatim they truly have missed the point.

There is no doubt that the book teaches a very simple life and way to live. The difficult part is to actually live your life or change your life to live it. Even the Romans of 2000 years ago knew that this Jesus was onto something profound. One would think that the straight and narrow path would be easier to walk on compared to the twisted dark path that I and most others choose. Try to tell me that God doesn't have a sense of humor. I think the biggest problem is that the book claims that Jesus is from a Virgin Birth, Son of God, Rose From the Dead, and is Equal to God the Father. You try to convince people of something like that and you got a war on your hands. I for one believe it but that won't save me or you or anyone. I don't care what that TV says. If you don't use that belief to show true change every day till the end it will all be in vain. The book of James explains that pretty clear and that guy the Baptist was pretty dead set on something about how you have to bring fruits worthy of repentance meaning that you can't only believe you have to have actions and daily actions until you die.

Just take the simple story of the Good Samaritan. Something is wrong if you can't understand that we should be helpful to those in need no matter who they are like that story teaches. I for one have done great Evil and I figure that I still do daily. However I can not refute those teachings in that book and I can not say that it isn't the right way to live. There is a parable about two children going off to work and one brother tells his father how he will get all the work done but goes off and plays all day. The other brother says in his heart that he isn't going to do the work and goes off to play but starts to feel remorse and goes back to do the work and gets it done. Who will the father love more? The one who talks or the one who does the work? The two thieves on the cross break down the two categories of humans just like that parable does.
RS
RS
monet0412Rigondeaux
July 17th, 2017 at 7:16:27 AM permalink
Maybe the tree of knowledge of good and evil wasn't a tree, but a marijuana plant.
"should of played 'Go Fish' today ya peasant" -typoontrav
RS
RS
monet0412
July 17th, 2017 at 7:17:18 AM permalink
Quote: monet0412

I not only explain to non believers but I find I have to try to explain to believers as well that you shouldn't get wrapped up in the exact text or each individual word. Yes it is true that you can find many clerical errors in the good book. This is not the point. The point is the story and the meaning behind each individual story. Nothing can cut the human heart like those stories and it doesn't matter if they changed a word here or there or phrase. When you tell the story of an adulteress sitting inside of the stoning pit about to be stoned and everyone tells Jesus what she has done and why they are about to stone her and ask him if they are justified in doing so because it is written in the Mosaic Law.... Jesus doesn't even bother speaking. He just writes some simple sentence in the sand that says let the first man without sin cast the first stone. After they all leave it is pretty clear that she is emotionally distraught and begging for forgiveness. He simply tells her that he doesn't condemn her and neither have any of her accusers. Go and Sin no more.

This is just one example. It doesn't even matter if the story is true or isn't true. It is the meaning behind the story and what is trying to be said here. I never understand the hate for The Bible or Jesus anyways. All I ever see in that book is him trying to tell everyone to love one another and get along. He even sums up the law into two simple parts about how you should Love God above all and secondly Love your Neighbor as you do yourself. He changes the game compared to the Old Testament challenging people to even Love your Enemies and Do Good to them that Curse you or Hate you or Speak Ill of you. He claims that if you only Love those that Love you... you have no reward or are no better than the next guy.

Believe or Don't Believe what you want. I am not here to try to change your mind on anything. My point is that it doesn't matter how they changed the stories or who wrote what and when. The point is the stories themselves and they are every day simple stories that are easy to understand. If people want to get into debates about the book contradicting itself or each individual word is verbatim they truly have missed the point.

There is no doubt that the book teaches a very simple life and way to live. The difficult part is to actually live your life or change your life to live it. Even the Romans of 2000 years ago knew that this Jesus was onto something profound. One would think that the straight and narrow path would be easier to walk on compared to the twisted dark path that I and most others choose. Try to tell me that God doesn't have a sense of humor. I think the biggest problem is that the book claims that Jesus is from a Virgin Birth, Son of God, Rose From the Dead, and is Equal to God the Father. You try to convince people of something like that and you got a war on your hands. I for one believe it but that won't save me or you or anyone. I don't care what that TV says. If you don't use that belief to show true change every day till the end it will all be in vain. The book of James explains that pretty clear and that guy the Baptist was pretty dead set on something about how you have to bring fruits worthy of repentance meaning that you can't only believe you have to have actions and daily actions until you die.

Just take the simple story of the Good Samaritan. Something is wrong if you can't understand that we should be helpful to those in need no matter who they are like that story teaches. I for one have done great Evil and I figure that I still do daily. However I can not refute those teachings in that book and I can not say that it isn't the right way to live. There is a parable about two children going off to work and one brother tells his father how he will get all the work done but goes off and plays all day. The other brother says in his heart that he isn't going to do the work and goes off to play but starts to feel remorse and goes back to do the work and gets it done. Who will the father love more? The one who talks or the one who does the work? The two thieves on the cross break down the two categories of humans just like that parable does.

You got some good posts but this sh**'s too long. Cliffs plz?
"should of played 'Go Fish' today ya peasant" -typoontrav

• Jump to: