onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
January 14th, 2017 at 7:32:18 AM permalink
www.wellsfargo.com/250offer

You don't even need to set up direct deposit. If anyone sees anything to look out for(besides the scandals), comment. The bank must clearly be desperate, probably a good defense not to set up direct deposit in case of disaster.

Imma gonna do it.
I am a robot.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
January 14th, 2017 at 7:35:56 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

You don't even need to set up direct deposit. If anyone sees anything to look out for(besides the scandals), comment. The bank must clearly be desperate, probably a good defense not to set up direct deposit in case of disaster.

Imma gonna do it.

They also just announced they will be closing 400 branches. But they are only regrouping, not going out of business. It's a good offer if you use it properly. They are basically paying for new customers who they hope will stick with them and their high fees.

Thanks for the info!
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
January 14th, 2017 at 8:02:29 AM permalink
My brother says Wells Fargo cards aren't accepted everywhere, and never go through at his workplace, a giant telecom. Just have to find the right places that do.
I am a robot.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 640
January 14th, 2017 at 8:48:32 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Imma gonna do it.

Within 60 days of account opening, complete one of these requirements:
◾Make 10 debit card purchases/payments.
◾Set up a qualifying Direct Deposit of $500 to your new checking account.

so u plan on closing your acct within 60days?

will the $250 bonus even arrive within 60days?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Boz
Boz
January 14th, 2017 at 8:55:49 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

10 purchases isn't hard to get $250.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
January 14th, 2017 at 12:20:07 PM permalink
I have Wells Fargo for both my personal and business accounts. Never, ever, had an issue with them being accepted anywhere.
No card with a Visa or MasterCard logo can be rejected because of who issued it.
They also have ridiculously easy requirements to avoid their $10 a month account fees. The one month I missed, they waived the fee when I complained.
I don't like that it's always understaffed, but they are closing some branches so the staff might get moved around.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
January 14th, 2017 at 2:58:53 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

They also have ridiculously easy requirements to avoid their $10 a month account fees. The one month I missed, they waived the fee when I complained.

You're lucky - the one time I was charged a fee (a $10 fee for having more than five electronic transfers - including two to my Wells Fargo checking account - in 35 days) and complained (the 35 days included the start of two different months), they took the fee off - then added it right back.

The only other time I have had a problem with WF was when I had a box of checks stolen (they had the wrong apartment number on them, and, apparently, the person who got them by mistake left them in the apartment complex's common mail room, where anyone could have stolen them) and changed account numbers, the switch included moving all electronic transfers to the new account as well, including ones made by anyone who had the stolen account number.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
BozRigondeaux
January 14th, 2017 at 3:36:05 PM permalink
This would be an especially great offer if Wells Fargo employees were still allowed to open thousands of accounts in our names.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
January 14th, 2017 at 6:55:17 PM permalink
^I remember reading about that! I was beyond shocked that Wells Fargo employees were opening up accounts in their customer's names! (They were doing it to raise their quota or something like that) I was thinking, "What a disgusting, crappy thing to do!" That's opening themselves to get lawsuits from rightfully angry customers!
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
January 15th, 2017 at 2:13:34 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

I might keep it. Depends on the fees and if it feels like always being scammed. It might begin one way and become another. Actually it can almost be counted on with any kind of account, credit, debit, checking, cell phone, tv. I never kept close tabs with my other account and was kind of angry it had changed at some point drastically and I never knew it. I was jumping through hoops for nothing, not knowing the terms were changed a long time ago. Might close it after 60 days, just don't know it for sure, but it'll definitely be after I get the $250. One big downside, no branches within 100 miles of me. If the daily balance becomes the only way to avoid certain fees, I'll definitely get out. It's good for now, all I gather.
I am a robot.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
January 15th, 2017 at 9:56:01 AM permalink
They've had corporate governance problems and have been a favorite target of scammers for years... so how desperate are you?
billryan
billryan
January 15th, 2017 at 2:55:07 PM permalink
Any money deposited into standard accounts at Wells Fargo is covered by FDIC insurance so your chances of losing it is nil.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
January 15th, 2017 at 6:20:08 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Any money deposited into standard accounts at Wells Fargo is covered by FDIC insurance so your chances of losing it is nil.

Unless you are depositing more than $250k. :)
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
billryan
billryan
January 15th, 2017 at 6:24:52 PM permalink
Why would you deposit 250K in order to get a $250 bonus.
By the way, I have more than that in Wells Fargo and it's all insured. I have my nieces and nephews names on separate accounts, in the event of my death, and each account with a differ name is treated as an independent account for the FDIC. I was surprised they don't go by the SS of the main account holder.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
January 15th, 2017 at 7:46:25 PM permalink
Quote:

If the FDIC isn't able to find a bank willing to take over the failed one, however, things will go differently. The FDIC will send you a check in the mail for the loss up to the insured limit. Although this will get done as quickly as possible, you may not have access to funds during the interval, which can last a few days. Also, you'll eventually get instructions on what to do about your safety deposit box.

http://money.howstuffworks.com/personal-finance/banking/bank-closes-down1.htm
I am a robot.
Boz
Boz
January 15th, 2017 at 7:56:04 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

so how desperate are you?

Is this a joke after the Aimee saga?
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
January 16th, 2017 at 3:43:24 AM permalink
Here's an even easier one from Capital one. Use the debit card 4 times. Only pays $200 though.

https://www.capitalone.com/bank/checking-season-16/

We should probably have a thread for stuff like this.
  • Jump to: