EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 17th, 2015 at 2:41:39 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

Totally irrelevant to FNC's hatchet job on him over Kris Kyle.

Irrelevant that he's an airhead? I don't
think so. Also, he's 'kind of' a SEAL,
he spent his whole time in Vietnam
behind a supply desk.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
January 17th, 2015 at 2:48:43 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

behind a supply desk.

Where did you spend all your time in Nam?
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 17th, 2015 at 3:20:49 PM permalink

Where did you spend all your time in Nam?

With the millions who didn't get drafted. I
was a Lib in those days, was totally against
the war.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
January 17th, 2015 at 3:43:14 PM permalink

With the millions who didn't get drafted. I
was a Lib in those days, was totally against
the war.

Didn't have to be a lib to be against the war. I seen conservatives cry like a baby when their son told them he was joining the army.

PS: Pay me enough money and I will get on TV and spout the most non-sensical conspiracy theory gibberish known to man. Then I will cry all the way to the bank while everyone calls me a nut job.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 17th, 2015 at 3:58:03 PM permalink

Then I will cry all the way to the bank while everyone calls me a nut job.

Except Jesse really is a nut job.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 17th, 2015 at 4:00:43 PM permalink

Irrelevant that he's an airhead? I don't think so. Also, he's 'kind of' a SEAL, he spent his whole time in Vietnam behind a supply desk.

Hey, don't knock all us 76Y20's. We keep all you guys in gear and loaded with ammo.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
January 17th, 2015 at 4:26:06 PM permalink

behind a supply desk.

Do all special forces relate to you where they spent their service years or is some info redacted?

Sometimes I can't tell if you really do think your superman or you are being a comedian, either way you don't deserve the right to disgrace Ventura or any other vet.

But seeing how they fought for your right to free speech, go ahead and deride others who put their life on the line, you thankless, derogatory self obsessed know it all.

So what is your resume? A bartender, cab driver, and assistant antique dealer [and self proclaimed atheist] doesn't make you an expert on all things including special ops.

Some of Ventura's stint was in Cambodia which still isn't public info.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
January 17th, 2015 at 4:51:47 PM permalink

behind a supply desk.

Most soldiers are combat support. Congratulations, Bob
You just called millions of veterans "kind of soldiers."
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 17th, 2015 at 5:23:43 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

either way you don't deserve the right to disgrace Ventura.

Gee, he pretty much did that himself, didn't
he. The SEAL's want nothing to do with him.

"As far as Jesse is concerned, it’s safe to say he won’t be showing his mug at any of the UDT/SEAL reunions anytime soon. At one time, he was highly regarded in our community for his big personality and accomplishments as a Governor of Minnesota. Now some in the Teams are petitioning to have him officially removed and banned as a member of the UDT/SEAL fraternal order.
The damage is done, and now Jesse will be forced to live with the consequences of his actions."

http://sofrep.com/36086/truth-jesse-venturas-navy-seal-status/#ixzz3P8E7Wi3o

"This is a sacred line, not to be crossed, ever Janos, and you will now have to live with the long-term consequences including a SEAL community that is polarized against your actions."
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 17th, 2015 at 5:25:39 PM permalink

"kind of."

There were no SEAL's when he was a SEAL,
so yeah, he was kind of a SEAL.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
January 17th, 2015 at 5:40:08 PM permalink

There were no SEAL's when he was a SEAL,
so yeah, he was kind of a SEAL.

Bob, your ideology has totally blinded u to the facts. In Ventura's day they were called UDT's (Underwater Demolition Teams). They later changed their name to SEAL's (Sea Air Land). The only thing changed was the name, Bob. Get it?
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
January 17th, 2015 at 5:43:39 PM permalink
Most SEALS consider him a seal as far as technical definition based on his training and jobs. But, yes that name was not in use in the years he was in.

But, it's irrelevant, his conspiracies he aggressively pushes make him look totally loony, it's no surprise people in both parties try to distance theirselves from him.

I actually liked him as an actor, especially In predator. He should have stuck with acting, and stayed away from trying to appeal to the fringe crowd, because that just distances himself from the majority.
petroglyph
petroglyph
January 17th, 2015 at 5:44:58 PM permalink

"As far as Jesse is concerned, it’s safe to say he won’t be showing his mug at any of the UDT/SEAL reunions anytime soon. At one time, he was highly regarded in our community for his big personality and accomplishments as a Governor of Minnesota. Now some in the Teams are petitioning to have him officially removed and banned as a member of the UDT/SEAL fraternal order.
The damage is done, and now Jesse will be forced to live with the consequences of his actions."

"This is a sacred line, not to be crossed, ever Janos, and you will now have to live with the long-term consequences including a SEAL community that is polarized against your actions."

So I went to your link. I skimmed around and didn't find the quote you put at the bottom, however I did find links from a year ago.

It appears that your position is, anybody should be able to defame Ventura as Kyle did in a published book and make money off of it, and Ventura is supposed to accept that economic harm and keep his mouth shut?

Ventura won the law suit, and I'm sure it was a difficult decision by the court, Kyle being a hero and all. So the court agrees also with Ventura. Do you suppose, were the tables turned and you were really a hero [as is Jesse Ventura] you would take people trash talking you and reaping monetary rewards? That appears to be what you are saying.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 17th, 2015 at 5:46:15 PM permalink

The only thing changed was the name, Bob. Get it?

Like I said, SEAL wasn't a word that existed
when he was a SEAL. I have never liked
JV, he's a big mouthed blowhard who thinks
we were the ones behind 911.
Gandler
Gandler
January 17th, 2015 at 5:55:26 PM permalink

So I went to your link. I skimmed around and didn't find the quote you put at the bottom, however I did find links from a year ago.

It appears that your position is, anybody should be able to defame Ventura as Kyle did in a published book and make money off of it, and Ventura is supposed to accept that economic harm and keep his mouth shut?

Ventura won the law suit, and I'm sure it was a difficult decision by the court, Kyle being a hero and all. So the court agrees also with Ventura. Do you suppose, were the tables turned and you were really a hero [as is Jesse Ventura] you would take people trash talking you and reaping monetary rewards? That appears to be what you are saying.

Chris Kyle aside. Ventura frequently defames himself by pushing crazy conspiracies with no evidence, (often firm evidence to the contrary). If you want to talk about somebody making up stories to sell TV time, I think Ventura is more relevant.

Look up reviews of Ventura by unbiased skeptics and see how crazy even people with no political agenda view him.
He is by no means an evidence-driven academic....
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
January 17th, 2015 at 6:06:07 PM permalink

Like I said, SEAL wasn't a word that existed
when he was a SEAL. I have never liked
JV, he's a big mouthed blowhard who thinks
we were the ones behind 911.

The military says he is a seal. What you are saying is analogous to saying Secretaries of War have never been Secretaries of Defense.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
January 17th, 2015 at 6:26:44 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

Look up reviews of Ventura by unbiased skeptics and see how crazy even people with no political agenda view him.

Most Americans believe there was a conspiracy to kill Kennedy while all the hard evidence points at Oswald. If you believe it was a conspiracy then are you a kook?
petroglyph
petroglyph
January 17th, 2015 at 7:08:53 PM permalink

fubared

petroglyph
petroglyph
January 17th, 2015 at 7:25:02 PM permalink

Quote:

Chris Kyle aside. Ventura frequently defames himself by pushing crazy conspiracies with no evidence, (often firm evidence to the contrary). If you want to talk about somebody making up stories to sell TV time, I think Ventura is more relevant.

Almost everyone makes up stories to sell tv time, it is their business model.

Quote:

Look up reviews of Ventura by [unbiased skeptics] and see how crazy even people with no political agenda view him.

How can you have unbiased skeptics?
Gandler
Gandler
January 17th, 2015 at 7:56:53 PM permalink

No, I have said in this one position I side with Ventura. Ventura is still a nutbags who does far more economic and social harm to himself by pushing absurd and offensive theories.....

Quote: petroglyphs

No. I have already said Kyle lied and the lawsuit was just.
However, there is a very good reason for people to not trust/like Ventura. So the MSM is not really that offbase by not taking him for his word. If they did every time he came to them, or would be really messy for people who like facts.

Quote: petroglyphs

How can you have unbiased skeptics

People who do not have a political agenda. I guess yea everybody does have a bias. However, some have more or less or a reason to have one on certain circumstances. A scientist or a magician would not have very much reason to take one side.

Ventura is not a reliable follower of the scientific method or academic honesty.

Most Americans believe there was a conspiracy to kill Kennedy while all the hard evidence points at Oswald. If you believe it was a conspiracy then are you a kook?

Yes. If you deny evidence and push for some far out hypothesis that flies in the face of all evidence and past discoveries, then yes you are a kook.
petroglyph
petroglyph
January 17th, 2015 at 8:16:09 PM permalink
@ Gandler, part of that post I was responding to the other poster.
petroglyph
petroglyph
January 17th, 2015 at 9:23:03 PM permalink

Quote:

Ventura is not a reliable follower of the scientific method or academic honesty.

Watch from about 1:50 for 30 seconds or so. http://youtu.be/iEuJimaumW4

Do you think these guys do or don't use the scientific method? Do you feel they are or are not academically honest? http://www.ae911truth.org/ 2500 architects and engineers say bldg. 7 did not come down because of fire. As does fdny. As does petro.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 18th, 2015 at 12:13:51 AM permalink

I busted out laughing at that one. He's a
former pro wrestler airhead 'truther'. He's
claim to fame was as a pumped up steroid
loaded cartoon. I used to see him in the
ring in the early 80's and listen to him ranting
and think, what a moron. He hasn't let
me down.
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
January 18th, 2015 at 1:06:02 AM permalink

Do you think these guys do or don't use the scientific method? Do you feel they are or are not academically honest? http://www.ae911truth.org/ 2500 architects and engineers say bldg. 7 did not come down because of fire. As does fdny. As does petro.

Yeah pulled isn't industry slang for demolished http://www.911myths.com/html/wtc7_pulled.html . He was most likely meaning something like pulling back or some odd slang like pull the cord meaning again abandon the situation or operation. So in that clip you presented yes I am going they are not being academically honest.

Also just because you have 2500 architects and engineers on your side doesn't even remotely mean your right or have the majority on your side. As an example the Discovery institute launched a petition to show how many scientist don't believe in evolution and got 600 signatures in counter to that a group ran a joke petition called the Steve Project which got scientist named Steve, or a common variation of it, who believed in evolution and it received almost 1300 signatures. I'm sure if anyone really cared enough they could launch a similar joke petition maybe the Chris Project and get a over 2500 engineers with the name Chris who say they do agree. An argument ad populum is a fallacy and it is doubly so when you don't even have the majority.
Twirdman
Twirdman
January 18th, 2015 at 1:06:02 AM permalink

Yeah pulled isn't industry slang for demolished http://www.911myths.com/html/wtc7_pulled.html . He was most likely meaning something like pulling back or some odd slang like pull the cord meaning again abandon the situation or operation. So in that clip you presented yes I am going they are not being academically honest.

Also just because you have 2500 architects and engineers on your side doesn't even remotely mean your right or have the majority on your side. As an example the Discovery institute launched a petition to show how many scientist don't believe in evolution and got 600 signatures in counter to that a group ran a joke petition called the Steve Project which got scientist named Steve, or a common variation of it, who believed in evolution and it received almost 1300 signatures. I'm sure if anyone really cared enough they could launch a similar joke petition maybe the Chris Project and get a over 2500 engineers with the name Chris who say they do agree. An argument ad populum is a fallacy and it is doubly so when you don't even have the majority.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
January 18th, 2015 at 6:20:51 AM permalink
BTW, I saw American Sniper on Friday night. Great movie. Combat s. scenes were awesome. Eastwood did a hell of a job. Kyle is a great American warrior and hero. I just wish he hadn't done Jesse like he did.
bobsims
bobsims
  • Threads: 9
January 18th, 2015 at 7:41:27 AM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

An article showing that Fox News is still drumming up the myth of no go zones in Paris and are still delightfully wrong about it http://www.vox.com/2015/1/16/7553975/fox-no-go-zones . Don't forget to get the best baquette in Paris while you visit and get yourself a nice bottle of wine at a fine bar, seems really odd that a place following Sharia law would have that many bars and places selling liquor.

So called no go zones have been well reported on by European media years before Fox picked it up.
The term is hyperbole to be sure but not as much as mockers make it out to be.
At least Europe has woken up to the insanity of open borders. Here in the USA the ruling party has a policy of "open borders today, open borders tomorrow, open borders forever". Which of course causes wages to be stagnant or go down as they have over the last failed 6 years.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
January 18th, 2015 at 9:20:46 AM permalink
Quote: bobsims

So called no go zones have been well reported on by European media years.

Reputable European media source please
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Gandler
Gandler
January 18th, 2015 at 9:51:33 AM permalink
Mecca is a Mulslim no go zone. Try getting in there if you are not a Muslim...

What would happen if Vatican City banned all Jews and muslims from the city? Also, what would happen if people were beheaded by the Church government in Vatican City?
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 18th, 2015 at 10:13:12 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Reputable European media source please

Here is one that does even better than classifying Jesse Ventura as an intellectual powerhouse:

"A leading law professor has contradicted Chancellor Angela Merkel’s statement that Sharia law was not practiced in Germany, saying a variety of Sharia-based rulings were being made all the time.
“We have been practising Islamic law for years, and that is a good thing,” Hilmar Krüger, professor for foreign private law at Cologne University, told Der Spiegel magazine.
Family and inheritance rulings were often made according to Sharia law, he said, listing a range of examples.
Women who are in polygamous marriages legal in their countries of origin can make claims of their husbands in Germany regardless of the fact that their marriages would not be lawful here. They can claim maintenance from their husbands and a share of an eventual inheritance, said Krüger.
German judges often refer to Sharia, as the Federal Social Court in Kassel did a few years ago when it supported the claim of a second wife for a share of her dead husband’s pension payments, which his first wife wanted to keep all to herself. The judge ruled they should share the pension. The Local from Der Spiegel
terapined
terapined
January 18th, 2015 at 10:35:42 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Here is one that does even better than classifying Jesse Ventura as an intellectual powerhouse:

"A leading law professor has contradicted Chancellor Angela Merkel’s statement that Sharia law was not practiced in Germany, saying a variety of Sharia-based rulings were being made all the time.
“We have been practising Islamic law for years, and that is a good thing,” Hilmar Krüger, professor for foreign private law at Cologne University, told Der Spiegel magazine.
Family and inheritance rulings were often made according to Sharia law, he said, listing a range of examples.
Women who are in polygamous marriages legal in their countries of origin can make claims of their husbands in Germany regardless of the fact that their marriages would not be lawful here. They can claim maintenance from their husbands and a share of an eventual inheritance, said Krüger.
German judges often refer to Sharia, as the Federal Social Court in Kassel did a few years ago when it supported the claim of a second wife for a share of her dead husband’s pension payments, which his first wife wanted to keep all to herself. The judge ruled they should share the pension. The Local from Der Spiegel

No opinion pieces please. Would like to see news reports regarding "no go zones."
Such as police know a violent crime is being committed and police refuse to respond due to "no go zone"
That would definitely prove the theory of "no go zone"

Prof could be a kook, meaningless.

Reputable European media source with a working link please regarding "no go zone"
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 18th, 2015 at 12:02:16 PM permalink

No opinion pieces please. Would like to see news reports regarding "no go zones." Such as police know a violent crime is being committed and police refuse to respond due to "no go zone" That would definitely prove the theory of "no go zone" Prof could be a kook, meaningless. Reputable European media source with a working link please regarding "no go zone"

Der Spiegel has for many decades been as highly regraded as, say, the Economist. Let's see whether anyone comes up with one of your "news reports" that disputes the facts that he laid out, including the lists of examples of Sharia. Let's see whether even the faithful viewers of their supposedly highly believable Al Jazeera can document any facts to the contrary.
terapined
terapined
January 18th, 2015 at 12:07:32 PM permalink
By the way,
US courts in the good Ol USA take into account religious practices and norms when deciding a case.
Its not unusual.
There was the case in Ohio if I recall correctly.
A dispute among the Amish
As punishment, they broke into a home and cut off beards of those they opposed.
Now according to law, its pretty minor to cut somebody's hair.
Among the Amish, this one of the worst things you can do to a person.
They view it as a absolutely horrible act.
The judge took into account the Amish religion and sentenced to hair cutters to Prison.
In this case, I totally agree with the judge.
If you really want, I can find a link but its a pretty famous case covered by numerous news outlets.

Still waiting for
Reputable European media source with a working link, please , regarding "no go zone"

Your link is a no go zone:-) Doesn't go anywhere.
Gandler
Gandler
January 18th, 2015 at 12:46:44 PM permalink

By the way,
US courts in the good Ol USA take into account religious practices and norms when deciding a case.
Its not unusual.
There was the case in Ohio if I recall correctly.
A dispute among the Amish
As punishment, they broke into a home and cut off beards of those they opposed.
Now according to law, its pretty minor to cut somebody's hair.
Among the Amish, this one of the worst things you can do to a person.
They view it as a absolutely horrible act.
The judge took into account the Amish religion and sentenced to hair cutters to Prison.
In this case, I totally agree with the judge.
If you really want, I can find a link but its a pretty famous case covered by numerous news outlets.

Still waiting for
Reputable European media source with a working link, please , regarding "no go zone"

Your link is a no go zone:-) Doesn't go anywhere.

But it's not a minor crime to trespass on somebody'so land, then break into somebody's house. And, then assault them (which is what I am sure that was considered).
petroglyph
petroglyph
January 18th, 2015 at 1:16:15 PM permalink

Quote:

Also just because you have 2500 architects and engineers on your side doesn't even remotely mean your right or have the majority on your side.

I don't have a "side". I am a simple man who worked with his hands forever. I don't view this as an us versus them world. I know the tragedy and suffering from the loss of life and the war that followed. Horrific. But when I watch one of the many video's showing bldg 7 coming down partly at "freefall" speed and land in it's own footprint, it doesn't make sense to me. I listen to the opinions of other workers [firemen, engineers]or others with hands on experience for decades saying it couldn't have happened the way we have been told. I listen. I also don't want my news "fair and balanced", I want my news honest, investigative and hard hitting opinionated as hell and I want to do the filtering. News shouldn't be balanced, it should be more Kronkite'esqe. Somebody get in these dictators faces and ask hard questions, don't decide relevance for me.

Silverstein, I don't care what he said. I watch other video's of demolitions, I watch the video's of 7, I extrapolate that for myself with the sound off. It looks like a demolition to me. I listen to the arguments that no steel bldgs ever came down because of fire, as spoken by the chief of Fire dept, New York. If I am totally wrong here, if the "truthers" are wrong, at least someone asked and held the government "investigators" feet to the flame. We went to war because of the attack on the 911. Our slain deserve nothing less than a full investigation which the 911 commission admittedly didn't do. I am not satisfied with the investigation into the Saudi connection and the explanation of why we went to wars that weren't constitutional. I don't trust my government, I don't trust the msm news. If that makes me a conspiracy theorist, than so be it. My gov. has never, ever held up to the agreements of a treaty yet, with anyone that I am aware of. So they have not earned my trust. If you want to believe what you are told on the evening news that is your business. This is an internet blog site where people state their opinions, and this is mine.
Quote:

As an example the Discovery institute launched a petition to show how many scientist don't believe in evolution and got 600 signatures in counter to that a group ran a joke petition called the Steve Project which got scientist named Steve, or a common variation of it, who believed in evolution and it received almost 1300 signatures. I'm sure if anyone really cared enough they could launch a similar joke petition maybe the Chris Project and get a over 2500 engineers with the name Chris who say they do agree. An argument ad populum is a fallacy and it is doubly so when you don't even have the majority.

I don't know wtf this has to do with what I said. You have created a strawman and answered yourself. Would you have me or anyone else accept the msm's narrative of the results on a day to day basis, verbatim? Gimme a break.

Speaking about polls, this Congress has a 14% approval rating. The congress were all elected. They ran on campaign promises that either the public was to stupid to understand or the voters were misled, either intentionally or unintentionally. Something does not add up or my mind has totally abandoned me to fend for myself without critical thinking skills.
Twirdman
Twirdman
January 18th, 2015 at 2:19:11 PM permalink

I don't have a "side". I am a simple man who worked with his hands forever. I don't view this as an us versus them world. I know the tragedy and suffering from the loss of life and the war that followed. Horrific. But when I watch one of the many video's showing bldg 7 coming down partly at "freefall" speed and land in it's own footprint, it doesn't make sense to me. I listen to the opinions of other workers [firemen, engineers]or others with hands on experience for decades saying it couldn't have happened the way we have been told. I listen. I also don't want my news "fair and balanced", I want my news honest, investigative and hard hitting opinionated as hell and I want to do the filtering. News shouldn't be balanced, it should be more Kronkite'esqe. Somebody get in these dictators faces and ask hard questions, don't decide relevance for me.

Silverstein, I don't care what he said. I watch other video's of demolitions, I watch the video's of 7, I extrapolate that for myself with the sound off. It looks like a demolition to me. I listen to the arguments that no steel bldgs ever came down because of fire, as spoken by the chief of Fire dept, New York. If I am totally wrong here, if the "truthers" are wrong, at least someone asked and held the government "investigators" feet to the flame. We went to war because of the attack on the 911. Our slain deserve nothing less than a full investigation which the 911 commission admittedly didn't do. I am not satisfied with the investigation into the Saudi connection and the explanation of why we went to wars that weren't constitutional. I don't trust my government, I don't trust the msm news. If that makes me a conspiracy theorist, than so be it. My gov. has never, ever held up to the agreements of a treaty yet, with anyone that I am aware of. So they have not earned my trust. If you want to believe what you are told on the evening news that is your business. This is an internet blog site where people state their opinions, and this is mine.

Building 7 didn't fall at freefall speed an argument which has thoroughly been debunked multiple times http://www.debunking911.com/freefall.htm .
petroglyph
petroglyph
January 18th, 2015 at 4:21:35 PM permalink

edited
terapined
terapined
January 18th, 2015 at 5:13:30 PM permalink

But it's not a minor crime to trespass on somebody'so land, then break into somebody's house. And, then assault them (which is what I am sure that was considered).

The point I was making was due to the Amish religion, this was a serious crime.
No crime history, little or no physical damage except cut hair, normally probabtion with a suspended sentence.
15 Years for the ringleader.
I agree with the court, religion should be considered in these cases.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/05/apnewsbreak-amish-convicted-in-ohio-beard-cutting-case-fight-for-release/
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 18th, 2015 at 9:05:31 PM permalink

The point I was making was due to the Amish religion, this was a serious crime.
No crime history, little or no physical damage except cut hair, normally probabtion with a suspended sentence.
15 Years for the ringleader.
I agree with the court, religion should be considered in these cases.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/05/apnewsbreak-amish-convicted-in-ohio-beard-cutting-case-fight-for-release/

Sort of like the Hobby Lobby case, eh?
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
January 19th, 2015 at 5:53:50 AM permalink

The link is just the opinion of one person. Ventura's old seal instructor is on record saying he pressed Ventura not to drop the lawsuit because he is tired of seals stabbing other seals in the back
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
January 19th, 2015 at 6:26:48 AM permalink

The link is just the opinion of one person. Ventura's old seal instructor is on record saying he pressed Ventura not to drop the lawsuit because he is tired of seals stabbing other seals in the back

Google "Jesse Ventura Gets Backing Of Former Seals In Lawsuit Over "Punch" Hoax."
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
January 19th, 2015 at 6:44:13 AM permalink
If Kyle actually punched. Ventura-NOT!-then he would have violated a strictly enforced unwritten rule in the toughest bars in America. You never hit an old man no matter how belligerant he gets. Throw him out of the bar if you must but you never hit him. I've been drinking in tough bars all my life and that is the code of ethics. Do it in our presence, we will knock you to the floor and put the boots to you.
Gandler
Gandler
January 19th, 2015 at 7:06:18 AM permalink

Google "Jesse Ventura Gets Backing Of Former Seals In Lawsuit Over "Punch" Hoax."

You realize that is an infowars.com "article" right?

That is a site dedicated to the truther movement and other absurd anti-government conspiracies.

It is owned and run by Alex Jones. You may remember him from this entertaining interview/ shout fest on Piers Morgan over gun control.

mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
January 19th, 2015 at 8:47:12 AM permalink

That is a site dedicated to the truther movement and other absurd anti-government conspiracies.

It is owned and run by Alex Jones. You may remember him from this entertaining interview/ shout fest on Piers Morgan over gun control.

Does that change the fact that Jesse's old instructor owns the bar in Coronado and says the incident never happened?
petroglyph
petroglyph
January 19th, 2015 at 10:44:13 AM permalink

Is there a part of this show that you disagree with, or just disagree because somebody said AJ is not credible? Because if what makes him a Conspiracy Theorist [CT] is the fact he wants to deport Piers Morgan, put me on the list as well. I want Piers to go home and tell the friggin queen that petro said ****you. Take your whole royal pedophile bunch of child molesters and you can hold hands on your way to hell.

I wish people would pick a topic and disagree with it and not just use the great big brush furnished by the main stream media. OK, test question. Was it the big six media outlets here in the US that claimed Saddam was trying to acquire "yellowcake" to make a nuclear bomb, [thereby taking us to war] or was it AJ? Ah, that was just to easy. It was the mainstream media "outing" Valerie Plame" [an American hero in her own right as well] as a CIA agent for not lying about what her husband found.

The mainstream media has zero credibility but most choose to discredit Jones, and deride Ventura. Study "the big lie". Tell a lie often enough, and in the public concience it becomes the truth. Then it can be referenced on wiki, and accepted as fact.

I don't view AJ, for my own reasons. He has repeatedly made news about defending several constitutional issues. I don't see the msm trying to defend my rights or the constitution, blatantly as these guys have. Shoot the message, not the messenger.

What has Piers done for America lately? Don't mistake my message as not respecting the royal forces that have supported us in every military endeavor.
petroglyph
petroglyph
January 19th, 2015 at 10:48:35 AM permalink

If Kyle actually punched. Ventura-NOT!-then he would have violated a strictly enforced unwritten rule in the toughest bars in America. You never hit an old man no matter how belligerant he gets. Throw him out of the bar if you must but you never hit him. I've been drinking in tough bars all my life and that is the code of ethics. Do it in our presence, we will knock you to the floor and put the boots to you.

Amen to that, Mickey.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
January 19th, 2015 at 11:16:58 AM permalink

What has Piers done for America lately? Don't mistake my message as not respecting the royal forces that have supported us in every military endeavor.

Never understood why that failed, scumbag journo got a job in the US when he was clearly ethically suspect in the UK. Don't they do even a cursory background check on people?
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 19th, 2015 at 12:46:07 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Never understood why that failed, scumbag journo got a job in the US when he was clearly ethically suspect in the UK. Don't they do even a cursory background check on people?

He was on CNN, not a real news network.
He fit right in.
Gandler
Gandler
January 19th, 2015 at 1:25:08 PM permalink

Does that change the fact that Jesse's old instructor owns the bar in Coronado and says the incident never happened?

No, if that is the case. But the only evidence I can find googling what you said was the infowars article with the exact same headline.

Is there a part of this show that you disagree with, or just disagree because somebody said AJ is not credible? Because if what makes him a Conspiracy Theorist [CT] is the fact he wants to deport Piers Morgan, put me on the list as well. I want Piers to go home and tell the friggin queen that petro said ****you. Take your whole royal pedophile bunch of child molesters and you can hold hands on your way to hell.

AJ is not credible because he is not credible. The fact that he wants to deport Morgan is amusing and is hardly the most absurd thing about him. I would be more interested in his 911 conspiracies.

Quote:

I wish people would pick a topic and disagree with it and not just use the great big brush furnished by the main stream media. OK, test question. Was it the big six media outlets here in the US that claimed Saddam was trying to acquire "yellowcake" to make a nuclear bomb, [thereby taking us to war] or was it AJ? Ah, that was just to easy. It was the mainstream media "outing" Valerie Plame" [an American hero in her own right as well] as a CIA agent for not lying about what her husband found.

All medias make mistakes. Alex makes many.

Quote:

The mainstream media has zero credibility but most choose to discredit Jones, and deride Ventura. Study "the big lie". Tell a lie often enough, and in the public concience it becomes the truth. Then it can be referenced on wiki, and accepted as fact.

People discredit them because they go on TV and say absurd thing...

Quote:

I have no idea, I am not a piers Morgan fan by any stretch. I only posted that because it is the most high profile (CNN) interview Jones did for more than a couple minutes. But Morgan has done far less damage than AJ.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
January 19th, 2015 at 10:32:42 PM permalink
As Spock (the fictional science officer) used to say as he would raise one eyebrow, "Fascinating."

Quote:

Fox was abject in its apologies, as was Mr. Emerson. Julie Banderas, a Fox anchor, said that “over the course of this last week, we have made some regrettable errors on air regarding the Muslim population in Europe, particularly with regard to England and France.”

“Now this applies especially to discussions of so-called no-go zones, areas where non-Muslims allegedly are not allowed in and police supposedly won’t go,” Ms. Banderas continued. “To be clear, there is no formal designation of these zones in either country and no credible information to support the assertion that there are specific areas in these countries that exclude individuals based solely on their religion.”

Apologies were issued on-air three other times.

Carly Shanahan, a spokeswoman for Fox News in New York, said the communications office never received a query by telephone or email from “Le Petit Journal.” Mr. Barthès said the show had made repeated attempts, including his own emails.

Mr. Barthès said he was not sure whether his show could take credit for the apologies. “The important thing is that we really had fun,” Mr. Barthès said. “It’s important for the French audience to know about this. They don’t really know Fox News, and they think it’s an enormous channel, very American, with announcers with big voices and blonde women who look like Barbies.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/20/world/europe/fox-news-becomes-unwilling-star-of-french-tv-show.html?_r=0
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
  • Jump to: