SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
July 8th, 2015 at 8:14:26 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

There was no wedding.
135k fine for discriminatory sign. They refused to cease and desist due to a discriminatory sign.

USA Today, far from a right-wing operation, said the case was over the refusal to bake a cake for a real reason, as corroborated by no less than the government of the State of Oregon. That is the reason for the order for the $100,000+ award.

"GRESHAM, Ore. – An Oregon bakery discriminated against a same-sex couple who wanted to purchase a wedding cake, the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries announced Monday.
The owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa bakery will have to pay the couple up to $150,000, BOLI spokesman Charlie Burr said. The exact amount will be determined at a hearing on March 10.

"In Jan. 2013, Laurel Bowman said Sweet Cakes refused to sell her and her fiancée a cake for their upcoming wedding."
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
July 26th, 2015 at 9:12:40 PM permalink
Since everything about MSNBC is obviously biased and pro democrat, can someone explain what their objective is with their prison show Lockup? My wife likes the show but I can barely tolerate it.
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
July 27th, 2015 at 12:14:26 AM permalink
I hate that show myself, it's their entire overnight programming on weekends. I have a hazy understanding that there are 2 million people in American prisons and someone at MSNBC is trying to humanize that population to those of us outside. I could easily be wrong about why they program prison shows so heavily. I suppose it's possible that the huge number of prisoners and their families along with LEO and ex-cons all might be watching, which could be a demographic of, what, 10 million? Pretty good viewer base for any one cable show these days.

I'm not sure it's fair to say MSNBC is "biased and pro democrat" as a premise, though several of their shows seem to feature opinionated dem hosts, and I do think they skew left. But Joe Scarborough, Michael Steele (RNC Chair emeritus) Nichole Wallace, Steve Schmidt, (both ran McCain/Palin campaign) are all regular talking heads and Republicans of some weight, and they get a lot of Repub politicians on air; quite a few of them seem to show up at least weekly.

Not looking to stir up a big sideshow on Fox/MSNBC/CNN editorial stances, just thought it was worth noting that there's a fair amount of representation of Republicans on their air.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
July 27th, 2015 at 12:54:25 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

So, are you saying that the lamesteram media is reporting on Scientology but FNC is not because of Greta? .

You have to excuse him, he's obsessed with
Scientology. Right now he's in a pup tent
across the street from their headquarters in
FL, looking thru night binocs. He has this
thing for Greta that doesn't help his situation..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
July 27th, 2015 at 1:03:22 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I'm not sure it's fair to say MSNBC is "biased and pro democrat" as a premise,

Well, Rush stopped mentioning MSNBC in any
way about 3 years ago, on purpose. He says
they are so far left they've reached the brick
wall, and he won't give them any airtime by
quoting their ridiculousness..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
July 27th, 2015 at 2:33:27 AM permalink

I'm not sure it's fair to say MSNBC is "biased and pro democrat" as a premise, though several of their shows seem to feature opinionated dem hosts, and I do think they skew left. But Joe Scarborough, Michael Steele (RNC Chair emeritus) Nichole Wallace, Steve Schmidt, (both ran McCain/Palin campaign) are all regular talking heads and Republicans of some weight, and they get a lot of Repub politicians on air; quite a few of them seem to show up at least weekly.

Not looking to stir up a big sideshow on Fox/MSNBC/CNN editorial stances, just thought it was worth noting that there's a fair amount of representation of Republicans on their air.

MSNBC is as far left as it gets. To deny this is to deny that the sky is blue.

The prison show thing is I think is because it is a cheap way to fill up lots of time. Americans have a fascination with corrections. We wonder just what on earth goes on inside? What is the big attraction there that so many people end up locked up? Is it really like the movies and TV? So people watch. It is the only way most people will watch that sorry channel.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
July 27th, 2015 at 4:24:33 AM permalink

All of the people you mention are on MSNBC for the specific reason that they disagree with how the GOP is run on almost every appearance. Schmidt uses almost every visit to bash Palin and Steele is still bitter he was busted for wasting contributors money in strip clubs. Joe seems to think the GOP could win by using the liberal platform.

To me the entire network can be summed up in the 2009 Rachel Maddow show where she spent an entire hour explaining how all the demographics in America have changed and how the GOP will never win any major election again except in the south and is going 3rd party status in their numbers. The entire show was a feel good, wishful thinking show for her and her (few) followers. I don't watch her much so I must have missed the retraction shows on how she was just a few years early in her thinking after the 2010 & 14 midterms.
bobsims
bobsims
  • Threads: 9
July 27th, 2015 at 7:46:37 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

All of the people you mention are on MSNBC for the specific reason that they disagree with how the GOP is run on almost every appearance. Schmidt uses almost every visit to bash Palin and Steele is still bitter he was busted for wasting contributors money in strip clubs. Joe seems to think the GOP could win by using the liberal platform.

To me the entire network can be summed up in the 2009 Rachel Maddow show where she spent an entire hour explaining how all the demographics in America have changed and how the GOP will never win any major election again except in the south and is going 3rd party status in their numbers. The entire show was a feel good, wishful thinking show for her and her (few) followers. I don't watch her much so I must have missed the retraction shows on how she was just a few years early in her thinking after the 2010 & 14 midterms.

Do you have a link to that show, it would be amusing to watch.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
November 5th, 2015 at 6:48:11 AM permalink
The news channels are not biased, they are all looking for advertising revenue equally.
They may be targeting different advertisers though ;-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
November 5th, 2015 at 7:11:23 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

The news channels are not biased

LOL
Is this a joke
Foxnews not biased?
Why not click on the link I provided and read
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
November 5th, 2015 at 7:32:42 AM permalink
It's a lot like the 3 bears story.

MSNBC is much too far biased to the left.
Fox far too biased to the right.
CNN feels just about right (middle) to me.

But I honestly watch all 3 about the same amount and almost every night. I like to get the different perspectives.

Something like the Benghazi hearing a couple weeks ago was very predictable. Fox thought Hillary did horrible and was exposed. MSNBC thought Hillary did great and put all concerns to rest. CNN came down somewhere in between. Debates are likewise predictable. MSNBC will focus on negative comments or moments for the republican candidates, especially the leading candidates. Fox will do similarly with Hillary.

Some of the news stories are interesting. I heard one fox commentator blame the possible downing of the Russian jet on Obama for creating a bad situation in middle east. That's lame. I mean if you want to go that route, how about George W Bush?

School shooting or any mass shooting stories absolutely the worst as both sides bring their gun control views into the story. MSNBC will say a shooting could have been prevented with tighter gun controls. Fox will say a shooting could have been prevented if a teacher was armed. What's even worse is both sides will go there before victims identified and families have even been notified.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
November 5th, 2015 at 8:35:58 AM permalink

LOL
Is this a joke
Foxnews not biased?
Why not click on the link I provided and read

The little smiley was intended to be a hint.
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
November 5th, 2015 at 8:49:48 AM permalink
forget it
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
November 5th, 2015 at 8:51:20 AM permalink
forget it
terapined
terapined
January 26th, 2016 at 5:50:11 PM permalink
Just when you think this election cycle couldn't become more entertaining
The leading candidate for the republican presidential nomination complaining about foxnews bias
wow
Trump withdraws from the foxnews debate because foxnews is biased against him
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
January 26th, 2016 at 6:17:56 PM permalink
Literally a brilliant brilliant move by him
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
terapined
terapined
January 28th, 2016 at 11:50:36 AM permalink
Can this election cycle get any weirder
Lib Michael Moore on conservative Foxnews Kelly File show bashing Trump
Now the flip side :-)
Conservative Ann Coulter on left leaning MSNBC lib Chris Mathews show bashing Foxnews

Unreal

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/ann-coulter-calls-arrogant-fox-news-163041009.html
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 28th, 2016 at 12:06:07 PM permalink

Can this election cycle get any weirder.

The inability to be flexible and understand other positions is one of the biggest dangers in becoming wedded to embedded stereotypes.
terapined
terapined
October 9th, 2016 at 5:30:48 AM permalink
I was just checking out Breitbart news web page
99% of the media out there is covering the Trump p***y story
Over at Breitbart
the big news, Bill Clinton sexual assault. lol
kind of weird
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 9th, 2016 at 6:29:40 AM permalink

I was just checking out Breitbart news web page
99% of the media out there is covering the Trump p***y story
Over at Breitbart
the big news, Bill Clinton sexual assault. lol
kind of weird

Why would you have expected anything different?

When I am posting links here, I try to stay away links from the conservative-leaning press even though I am a conservative. I don't want someone on "my side"; I want something from the main stream media. Of course, it means many things go unreported or under-reported and there is not a plethora of stories about negative things on the liberal side...I still don't want to post from media with a conservative bias. There is no true "fair and balanced" network. I could not stand Hannity and Colmes on Fox because Colmes always ended up looking like the curtain-jerker facing the champion in an outlandish TV wrestling match. Whatever the bias of the network, the "experts" from each side are often unequal in ability to defend their side...or just plain outnumbered like that babbling idiot Bob Beckel and Juan Williams...
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
October 9th, 2016 at 11:39:47 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

When I am posting links here, I try to stay away links from the conservative-leaning press even though I am a conservative. I don't want someone on "my side"; I want something from the main stream media.

Its the old Foreign Correspondent film; the newspaper publisher didn't want a typical foreign correspondent to investigate the war clouds over Europe, he wanted an old fashioned crime reporter from the police beat.

The trouble is that most voters get the main stream pablum so predicting their behavior should be based on what they hear, not on the truth.
  • Jump to: