Thread Rating:

GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
June 22nd, 2014 at 8:56:04 AM permalink
hahaha, I have only had grits 2 times and they were both at cracker barrel. The first time I didn't put anything in it and they were sooo bland. Then someone told me that people will be butter and sugar in it. The waitress said a lot of people also put jelly in them. I know that well cooked grits probably don't need anything added but these were just awful.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
June 22nd, 2014 at 10:03:51 AM permalink
yep, bad advice there. Something like, well, shrimp or any kind of seafood. Sausages drained into the grits instead of into paper. Sunnyside or over-easy eggs.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
June 22nd, 2014 at 10:40:58 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

all cereal is way too expensive, it ticks me off

Cereal has to one of the greatest commercial scams in America. It is utter crap, sugar plus processed grains, dirt cheap yet is sells for a bunch thanks to loads of advertising, mostly to children. Then the adults get hooked as kids and keep eating the crap.

Do yourself a favor and buy Quaker rolled oats, the big canister. Even better, bulk rolled oats from a bulk place. Probably the best breakfast you can eat.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
June 22nd, 2014 at 10:56:43 AM permalink
I used to love Rice Krispies up to a few years ago. Either my tastes have changed or they have screwed with their formula until they have now made it seem like I'm eating bland cardboard.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
June 22nd, 2014 at 11:18:14 AM permalink
Quote: teddys

Cereal has to one of the greatest commercial scams in America. It is utter crap, sugar plus processed grains, dirt cheap yet is sells for a bunch thanks to loads of advertising, mostly to children. Then the adults get hooked as kids and keep eating the crap.

Do yourself a favor and buy Quaker rolled oats, the big canister. Even better, bulk rolled oats from a bulk place. Probably the best breakfast you can eat.

If you like rolled oats, you will love rolled spelt.

My daughter lately has given me knowledge of how to make it the night before and its great cold or reheated. Add nuts, seeds, [raisins if you can do the sugar], touch of vanilla and a bit of citrus. Once people get on real food, the other stuff is nasty.

Most wheat in usa is gmo and our body's may not recognize it. All US soy is modified with same results. When diet and health become real issues the people will know what has happened with the food supply. Autism up 600%, boys growing enlarged breasts, allergies, health problems becoming legion. It's what's for dinner, [and breakfast].
GWAE
GWAE
June 22nd, 2014 at 11:20:45 AM permalink

I don't eat a lot of cereal because of price but I do a lot of couponing. I was one of the original extreme couponers before the show came out. Anyways, my last deal was at Giant Eagle about 18 months ago. They had Cheerios on sale for 4 boxes for $8.00- 4.00 instant savings. There are quite often $0.50 off 1 box coupons which double to $1.00. That made each box free. I ordered 50 coupons online for $0.10 each. I ended up with 50 boxes for $5.00. We ate cheerios a lot for dinner. I ended up donating about 10 boxes to the food bank and we still have 10 boxes left. You can only eat so much of that stuff.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
June 22nd, 2014 at 2:18:08 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I don't eat a lot of cereal because of price but I do a lot of couponing. I was one of the original extreme couponers before the show came out. Anyways, my last deal was at Giant Eagle about 18 months ago. They had Cheerios on sale for 4 boxes for $8.00- 4.00 instant savings. There are quite often $0.50 off 1 box coupons which double to $1.00. That made each box free. I ordered 50 coupons online for $0.10 each. I ended up with 50 boxes for $5.00. We ate cheerios a lot for dinner. I ended up donating about 10 boxes to the food bank and we still have 10 boxes left. You can only eat so much of that stuff.

Wow, that is good. The Giant Eagle near me use to have super double coupons occasionally where they would double any coupon up to $2.00. That was the best thing ever. I was indeed an extreme couponer on those weeks.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
kenarman
kenarman
  • Threads: 28
June 22nd, 2014 at 3:23:21 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Most wheat in usa is gmo and our body's may not recognize it. All US soy is modified with same results. When diet and health become real issues the people will know what has happened with the food supply. Autism up 600%, boys growing enlarged breasts, allergies, health problems becoming legion. It's what's for dinner, [and breakfast].

Almost every domesticated plant in North America is GMO if you actually know the definition of Genetically Modified. If you are refering to Gentically Engineered than your statement is not true. Come back with the definition of GMO.

The reported number of Autistic kids is way up because the definition of Autism has now changed to the Autistic Spectrum. This vastly enlarged definition now gathers up every kid that has any sort of perceived problem. Kids that used to be called rambuctious or quiet or slow are now labelled with a lower level of autism.
Be careful when you follow the masses, the M is sometimes silent.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 22nd, 2014 at 3:41:05 PM permalink
What the hell are grits?

Kids are also eating 10,000% more vegetables! Not because they're actually eating vegetables but because they're (still) eating pizza......only thing that changed is definition of vegetable (or definition of pizza, rather).
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
June 22nd, 2014 at 3:54:28 PM permalink
Quote: RS

What the hell are grits?

Polenta [j/k]
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
petroglyph
petroglyph
June 22nd, 2014 at 4:17:58 PM permalink
Quote: kenarman

Quote:

Almost every domesticated plant in North America is GMO if you actually know the definition of Genetically Modified. If you are refering to Gentically Engineered than your statement is not true. Come back with the definition of GMO.

Ok sure there are heirloom seeds available and some farmers have stockpiled and some private people have a stash of seeds that they have somehow kept out of the winds and no foreign pollen has crossbread with their plants. Using corn for instance. What I am informed by people in the mega food business is the only way to grow a corn plant in this country [US] that isn't affected or changed by lab altered strains of corn is to grow it in the middle of a wheat field without any other corn within 50 miles.

I agree that genetically modified plants have been going on for as long as plants have been grown for crops and maybe animals did it accidently before that. By that I mean every grower that selected their best plants to gather seeds from was selectively growing, breeding or modifying.

When I say GMO, without getting down into the scientific data which loses a lot of people I'm speaking of which you mentioned maybe more accurately of genetic engineering. I'm talking about round-up ready seeds. Seeds that have been in and altered in the labratory's of the big agricultural seed manufactures. The foods and seeds that are banned in many places in Europe and elsewhere.

Quote:

The reported number of Autistic kids is way up because the definition of Autism has now changed to the Autistic Spectrum. This vastly enlarged definition now gathers up every kid that has any sort of perceived problem. Kids that used to be called rambuctious or quiet or slow are now labelled with a lower level of autism.

I don't really want to turn this into a project for my self so I'll toss this one back to you. Are you saying that the only reason that the numbers or %'s or kids diagnosed with autism is because they are being recorded differently? Do you believe that the vaccine program here has nothing to do with it. I believe kids now need "about" 26 vaccines to enter grade school. Many of those use mercury or fetal tissue as ingredients or a base.
steeldco
steeldco
June 22nd, 2014 at 4:25:56 PM permalink
repost
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
steeldco
steeldco
June 22nd, 2014 at 4:28:10 PM permalink

I don't really want to turn this into a project for my self so I'll toss this one back to you. Are you saying that the only reason that the numbers or %'s or kids diagnosed with autism is because they are being recorded differently? Do you believe that the vaccine program here has nothing to do with it. I believe kids now need "about" 26 vaccines to enter grade school. Many of those use mercury or fetal tissue as ingredients or a base.

I will admit that I am not expert in this, however, I am a big believer in vaccination. In that light, I ask this, has a study been done of twins who have received all of their vaccinations and yet only one of them is autistic? If they are not BOTH autistic then would that not indicate that it is NOT due to vaccines?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 22nd, 2014 at 4:35:09 PM permalink
Not quite. You need to consider time of vaccination and infections present at vaccination. Twins can carry different viral and bacteriological burdens.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
June 22nd, 2014 at 4:35:39 PM permalink

Almost every domesticated plant in North America is GMO if you actually know the definition of Genetically Modified.

Not "most." All domesticated plants the world over are genetically modified. All domesticated animals, too.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 22nd, 2014 at 4:55:12 PM permalink
I am also a big believer in vaccination. I think the rise in autism is primarily a matter of labeling and diagnosis, rather than a rise in incidence, and the correlation is coincidental, not cause-and-effect. But the vaccination backlash has allowed measles, whooping cough, polio, and several other problems previously considered eradicated to resurge in the population. So, to me, that's the larger health issue. I can absolutely see parents with kids being cautious about what they allow their kids to be subjected to by health officials, but vaccinations are well-needed.

IMO, the larger problem might be antibacterials and super-cleanliness; when we were kids, we ate dirt, compared to kids today, and our systems learned to process foreign substances and build antibodies against them. Kids have a much larger degree of vulnerability now, because their bodies have not been exposed to random encounters with outside biologicals with the same frequency before the concentration on sterilization. That's the backlash the anti-vaccination crowds should be pursuing instead.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
petroglyph
petroglyph
June 22nd, 2014 at 6:00:52 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I am also a big believer in vaccination. I think the rise in autism is primarily a matter of labeling and diagnosis, rather than a rise in incidence, and the correlation is coincidental, not cause-and-effect. But the vaccination backlash has allowed measles, whooping cough, polio, and several other problems previously considered eradicated to resurge in the population. So, to me, that's the larger health issue. I can absolutely see parents with kids being cautious about what they allow their kids to be subjected to by health officials, but vaccinations are well-needed.

IMO, the larger problem might be antibacterials and super-cleanliness; when we were kids, we ate dirt, compared to kids today, and our systems learned to process foreign substances and build antibodies against them. Kids have a much larger degree of vulnerability now, because their bodies have not been exposed to random encounters with outside biologicals with the same frequency before the concentration on sterilization. That's the backlash the anti-vaccination crowds should be pursuing instead.

Vaccines and Autism
The science and the politics

Subscribe to Brasscheck TV

Your e-mail address is kept absolutely private
We make it easy to unsubscribe at any time
Navigation: Home Back More videos like this
Mercury in vaccines causes autism

- See more at: http://www.brasschecktv.com/videos/vaccines-1/vaccines-and-autism.html#sthash.FoYqGRd7.dpuf

If you feel like it there are plenty of short video's at the site about vaccines.

There is also many others at Dr. Mercola .com. and lots of others.

I'm sure you are aware a year or two ago when Texas tried to force HPV vaccines on all young girls.

I'm no expert Babs. But I haven't had a vaccine except tetanus since the early 60's and havn't contracted any communicable diseases. I hear you on the diseases you mentioned, polio etc. Yeah, I ate dirt as well and liked it.

I think the larger epidemic in country is obesity, even more than anti biotics. When I was very young there were no obese kids. That is coming from lack of exercise and what's in the food supply. It is not how much is eaten but what.

So, that's my take on the vaccines. Watch some of them, maybe ok.
GWAE
GWAE
June 22nd, 2014 at 6:26:27 PM permalink

I agree 100% with this. I am 34 and when I was growing up I don't even think I washed my hands before dinner. Even today I can admit that I don't always wash my hands after going to the bathroom. Most of the time I do but there are times when I don't. If I drop food on the ground, I have no problem extending the 5 second rule to 10 or 15 seconds. I can proudly say that I have only had the flu 1 time in my life and I MIGHT get a cold 1 time a year. I attribute this to my body being used to germs. I now have a 2 year old and a 2 month old. Everyone is super paranoid and sanitizes before picking up the baby. I have no problems giving the baby some basic germs to build up his immune system.
kenarman
kenarman
June 22nd, 2014 at 6:32:01 PM permalink
The research does not support the wide spread fear of vacinations. We are now seeing the results of this irrational fear with resurgence of childhood diseases we once thought were irradicated. Anytime a needle is put into your body there is likely some risk. This risk pales to problems the rise in the diseases is creating.
kenarman
kenarman
June 22nd, 2014 at 6:43:08 PM permalink
Mayo Clinic Link about debunked link of vaccinations to autism

MAYO CLINIC
petroglyph
petroglyph
June 22nd, 2014 at 7:10:01 PM permalink

The research does not support the wide spread fear of vacinations. We are now seeing the results of this irrational fear with resurgence of childhood diseases we once thought were irradicated. Anytime a needle is put into your body there is likely some risk. This risk pales to problems the rise in the diseases is creating.

Top 20 Causes of Mortality Throughout the World

All countries
Rank Cause Total deaths (in thousands) % of total
1. Ischaemic heart disease 7,208 12.6%
2. Cerebrovascular disease 5,509 9.7
3. Lower respiratory infections 3,884 6.8
4. HIV/AIDS 2,777 4.9
5. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 2,748 4.8
6. Diarrheal diseases 1,798 3.2
7. Tuberculosis 1,566 2.7
8. Malaria 1,272 2.2
9. Cancer of trachea/bronchus/lung 1,243 2.2
10. Road traffic accidents 1,192 2.1%
11. Childhood Diseases 1,124 2.0
12. Other unintentional injuries 923 1.6
13. Hypertensive heart disease 911 1.6
14. Self-inflicted 873 1.5
15. Stomach cancer 850 1.5
16. Cirrhosis of the liver 786 1.4
17. Nephritis/nephrosis 677 1.2
18. Colon/rectum cancer 622 1.1
19. Liver cancer 618 1.1
20. Measles 611 1.1
Source: The World Health Report, 2003, The World Health Organization (WHO).

Read more: Top 20 Causes of Mortality Throughout the World | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0779147.html#ixzz35QI7RbTQ

It looks like a long way down the list [maybe #7] before you get to cause of death that a vaccine may have prevented.

Haven't you heard of people getting the flu shot and then the flu or pneumonia?

Meanwhile the largest killers of humanity arn't getting much coverage.

It's possible that more people die worldwide from bad water than no vaccine. Also bad food, poor sanitation, according to wikepedia over 3 million kids under 5 starve to death every year. What makes that more terrible to me is the world grows enough food to feed 12 billion.

Where is this surge in childhood diseases? Polio, mumps the plague? I'm not seeing the numbers.

I don't see the research supporting not getting 26 vaccinations to go to grade school?
kenarman
kenarman
June 22nd, 2014 at 8:48:05 PM permalink
Here is just one of the many sites on the increases in childhood diseases. Check out measles. Was considered eliminated in the US in 2000 by 2008 measles outbreaks are increasing. Pretty clear evidence. To lazy to do a link cut and paste. http://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/timelines/measles
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
June 22nd, 2014 at 10:12:13 PM permalink

My man teddy, dropping the nutritional knowledge. Rolled oats, yessir. Processed sugary breakfast cereals, come on people. Don't put that in your body.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
June 22nd, 2014 at 10:12:54 PM permalink
Vaccinations do provide a risk but the benefits are usually far far greater.

Many STD's were nearly exterminated but bounced back. The HPV 16 vaccine is more monetary than health related and there are definite disclosure problems. Making it mandatory increases sales vastly so it becomes convince a few legislators and suddenly millions of doses are sold. So, except for the HPV 16 AB, I'd not oppose immunization, but I'd spread out the shots and make certain better records were kept of time of day and health at time of immunization.

Autism now is expanded by definiition and secondary benefits of diagnosis: kids get special treatment, schools get more money, etc.
Originally, the incidence of autism was higher in upper middle class homes and cleanliness was a factor in priming the immune system. People used to eat carrots now we eat sterilized carrots without a speck of soil on them. Though I do think we need research into commensal bacteria levels too. A good many dermatology diseases are simply clinical manifestations of systemic diseases. Even acne is really a nutritional disease state. For many, depression is cerebral diabetes.

While uric acid is the off/on switch for the immune system, there is almost universal acceptance of Gout as uric acid crystals and a general world wide failure to investigate P. multicida as a causative agent. In truth we simply do not study any synovial fluid other than that from sore knees. We rarely study fluid from other joints or from healthy knees. Pathogens tend to hide from the immune system and unfortunately that means they tend to hide from medicine.

Most of our diseases are a genetic predisposition linked to an environmental insult, so its always going to be a subset of exposed individuals who get sick, but once pathogens are cycled through a nutritionally compromised host, virulence increases. These free preschools may be great for preschool teachers but its a public health nightmare. If only we could have Scandinavian schools were classes begin at age seven or eight and the kids are no longer such germ factories.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
June 22nd, 2014 at 10:15:21 PM permalink

Ok sure there are heirloom seeds available and some farmers have stockpiled and some private people have a stash of seeds that they have somehow kept out of the winds and no foreign pollen has crossbread with their plants. Using corn for instance. What I am informed by people in the mega food business is the only way to grow a corn plant in this country [US] that isn't affected or changed by lab altered strains of corn is to grow it in the middle of a wheat field without any other corn within 50 miles.

I agree that genetically modified plants have been going on for as long as plants have been grown for crops and maybe animals did it accidently before that. By that I mean every grower that selected their best plants to gather seeds from was selectively growing, breeding or modifying.

When I say GMO, without getting down into the scientific data which loses a lot of people I'm speaking of which you mentioned maybe more accurately of genetic engineering. I'm talking about round-up ready seeds. Seeds that have been in and altered in the labratory's of the big agricultural seed manufactures. The foods and seeds that are banned in many places in Europe and elsewhere.

Wow, a vaccine denier right here on WoV. I thought ... I thought anyone smart enough to visit this website would realize that anti-vaccine stuff is a load.

Listen, you want to go back to the dark ages, fine, don't vaccinate your kids. BUT DON'T BRING THEM NEAR MY KIDS AND GET THE EFF OUT OF HERE. Herd immunity is important. Some kids actually have weak immune systems and legit reasons why they can't vaccinate. And they depend on all of the able-bodied kids getting their shots SO THERE ISN'T A FREAKIN' POLIO OUTBREAK.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 22nd, 2014 at 11:33:50 PM permalink

All countries
4. HIV/AIDS 2,777 4.9
8. Malaria 1,272 2.2
19. Liver cancer 618 1.1
20. Measles 611 1.1

Read more: Top 20 Causes of Mortality Throughout the World | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0779147.html#ixzz35QI7RbTQ

It looks like a long way down the list [maybe #7] before you get to cause of death that a vaccine may have prevented.

It's possible that more people die worldwide from bad water than no vaccine. Also bad food, poor sanitation, according to wikepedia over 3 million kids under 5 starve to death every year. What makes that more terrible to me is the world grows enough food to feed 12 billion.

Where is this surge in childhood diseases? Polio, mumps the plague? I'm not seeing the numbers.

I don't see the research supporting not getting 26 vaccinations to go to grade school?

This list is current for the modern world, but if you look at, say 1918, the influenza outbreak would have ranked #1. The diseases that have been eradicated through vaccination would be much higher on the list. Instead, the top things killing people look primarily related to age or decades of exposure to low-level toxins in the air/water. (My rough, unresearched take.)

We do die, inevitably. The point is to do what can be done, and that's strongly reflected in the reduction of communicable diseases prevented by vaccination, to prevent the death of the young before they're old enough to reproduce, and with grace, that they live old enough to have a full life. Vaccines help that happen.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
June 22nd, 2014 at 11:42:20 PM permalink

All countries
4. HIV/AIDS 2,777 4.9
8. Malaria 1,272 2.2
19. Liver cancer 618 1.1
20. Measles 611 1.1

This list is current for the modern world, but if you look at, say 1918, the influenza outbreak would have ranked #1. The diseases that have been eradicated through vaccination would be much higher on the list. Instead, the top things killing people look primarily related to age or decades of exposure to low-level toxins in the air/water. (My rough, unresearched take.)

We do die, inevitably. The point is to do what can be done, and that's strongly reflected in the reduction of communicable diseases prevented by vaccination, to prevent the death of the young before they're old enough to reproduce, and with grace, that they live old enough to have a full life. Vaccines help that happen.

Don't bother trying to reason with vaccine deniers. They are the most illogical, conspiracy-driven AHHHHH. Sorry, I just can't even remain rational while typing about it. It just-- it just boggles the mind how completely unwilling to consider scientific fact these people are.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
June 23rd, 2014 at 12:58:31 AM permalink
Quote: Brig. Gen. Jack D. Ripper

I can no longer sit back and allow...[the]...conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids...

Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream, Mandrake? Children's ice cream!...You know when fluoridation began?...1946. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works. I first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love... Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I — I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence.

Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
Nareed
Nareed
June 23rd, 2014 at 6:36:53 AM permalink

1) Your own numbers 3 and 4 are infectious diseases which could be prevented with a vaccine.

2) The reason you don't see more infectious diseases as top causes of death, is precisely because the side use of vaccines have made them rare.

Quote:

Flu vaccines are hit and miss because the flu virus changes too quickly. People have to guess which strain will be more widespread. When they're wrong, people who got the vaccine still get the flu. Pneumonia is a bacterial infection of the lungs and 100% unrelated to the flu or the flu vaccine.
Nareed
Nareed
June 23rd, 2014 at 6:38:31 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Don't bother trying to reason with vaccine deniers.

Agreed. but it never hurts to put some facts out there for the people in the peanut gallery to see.

Quote:

They are the most illogical, conspiracy-driven AHHHHH. Sorry, I just can't even remain rational while typing about it.

You seem perfectly rational to me. People who believe in conspiracy theories are not open to reason.
petroglyph
petroglyph
June 23rd, 2014 at 12:13:02 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Wow, a vaccine denier right here on WoV. I thought ... I thought anyone smart enough to visit this website would realize that anti-vaccine stuff is a load.

Listen, you want to go back to the dark ages, fine, don't vaccinate your kids. BUT DON'T BRING THEM NEAR MY KIDS AND GET THE EFF OUT OF HERE. Herd immunity is important. Some kids actually have weak immune systems and legit reasons why they can't vaccinate. And they depend on all of the able-bodied kids getting their shots SO THERE ISN'T A FREAKIN' POLIO OUTBREAK.

How does my statement get turned into a personal attack against me?

AcesAndEights
October 22nd, 2012 at 11:14:10 am I did use the word "altercations" or any variation of it - I said I saw several interactions WITHOUT issue. You straight up just put words in my mouth Bob. Please don't do that.

I would appreciate the same courtesy that you demand from others. Don't put words or meanings into my speach that are not mine. Your following diatribe is more against a strawman than myself, but it doesn't slow you down.

Which statement did I make that makes be deserving of being put into a group of so called deniers? That term is to easily associated with other types of deniers and is very offensive to me, if that was your intention you succeeded.

Do you even have kids? Mine are your age or older and by shear geography won't be in contact with any of your lineage.

I had vaccinations as did my parents my kids, and they're kids. Hell I even got my dog his shots. How does that make me a denier?

You didn't take two seconds debating or discussing the message before you went on the attack with a strawman and name calling.

Now you are going to internet shout at me to leave.
"Don't bother trying to reason with vaccine deniers. They are the most illogical, conspiracy-driven AHHHHH. Sorry, I just can't even remain rational while typing about it. It just-- it just boggles the mind how completely unwilling to consider scientific fact these people are."

So you make yourself the soul determiner of my words and encourage others to not try and reason with me, no chance that you misunderstood what I was saying because you have now labeled me into a straw group who all believe the same obsurd facts. Kind of a self appointed amin here or do see yourself of even a higher order?

You didn't read anything I said or try to understand what was said or look at references. You didn't consider the fact I stated I didn't want to spend a whole lot of time on this.

@ Nareed

"1) Your own numbers 3 and 4 are infectious diseases which could be prevented with a vaccine."

Are you saying there is a vaccine to protect people from Aids? Really?

"Flu vaccines are hit and miss because the flu virus changes too quickly. People have to guess which strain will be more widespread. When they're wrong, people who got the vaccine still get the flu. Pneumonia is a bacterial infection of the lungs and 100% unrelated to the flu or the flu vaccine."

Since apparently you to are also a medical expert maybe I can ask you a question? Arn't all flu vaccines derived from last years flu strain? What I have seen often is people who had no disease get a flu shot and soon after come down with the flu. Sometime following that with their immune systems weakened from coughing and other symptoms they develop pneumonia. So far on my part the causal link from flu to pneumonia is anecdotal. But if you are an expert by all means feel free to correct me.

Further down it appears you are referring to me as being from the "peanut gallery" and a believer in conspiracy's. Way to jump on the derogatory browbeating name calling bandwagon. It also appears your statements are created from your beliefs without any research whatsoever. I have noticed on other threads you have gotten highly defensive from just such insinuations upon yourself. It's ok when you are doing it though, right?

https://www.facebook.com/VaxTruth. Are these people all theorists from the peanut gallery to you? You must be pretty smart. FYI there are several forms of pneumonia including viral, above you labeled it bacterial only.

My concern about vaccines is not the importance of getting them, everyone I know has. I am always curious and query why when I was young it only took around 6 and now over twenty five. Maybe somebody else had at least a partial answer to help me along my search, but obviously wov isn't the place for any type of search other than mathmatical unless a poster wants to endure the smackdown over minute details that weren't offered as the difinitive answer but more inquiry.
GWAE
GWAE
June 23rd, 2014 at 12:13:30 PM permalink
Today at the Rivers I got upgraded to the preferred card which is the middle level card. It takes 25k coin in over 6 months to get the card so it's not a difficult card to get. To my surprise, one of the benefits of the card is a free norwegian cruise. I knew the top level card got it which is 100k coin in. I just called Norwegian to get info and I was surprised that she was able to upgrade me to a balcony room. It is a 7 day cruise through the Caribbean with 4 stops and the total for 2 people including the upgrade and all taxes and fees was $487. Now I just have to figure out how to get to Tampa.

I just checked their website and the cruise that we are taking would cost $2856. I have always wanted to go on a cruise so this was exciting.
Nareed
Nareed
June 23rd, 2014 at 1:18:51 PM permalink

"1) Your own numbers 3 and 4 are infectious diseases which could be prevented with a vaccine."

Are you saying there is a vaccine to protect people from Aids? Really?

Do you know the difference in meaning between "could" and "can"?

It's just not worth my time to argue further with you.
GWAE
GWAE
June 23rd, 2014 at 1:27:31 PM permalink
kinda funny that we had our 2 month old appointment today. He received 3 shots and an oral vac.
petroglyph
petroglyph
June 23rd, 2014 at 1:41:49 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Do you know the difference in meaning between "could" and "can"?

It's just not worth my time to argue further with you.

I didn't think we were arguing or discussing. It seems you are just jumping on an lashing for some reason I don't get. The difference between could and can? You brought up 3&4, 4 is HIV/Aids. You say could be prevented with a vaccine.

Now I'm not worth your time to "argue" with, I don't know for sure what we are arguing about.

Your "argument" is there is a difference between could and can is your comeback for your ad hominem attack? This gets weirder by the hour.

I do appreciate it however if you can find yourself another target. I really don't have time for this either.
Nareed
Nareed
June 23rd, 2014 at 1:43:58 PM permalink

IYour "argument" is there is a difference between could and can is your comeback for your ad hominem attack? This gets weirder by the hour.

I have not said one word about you. It's weird you construed anything I said as a personal attack.
GWAE
GWAE
June 23rd, 2014 at 2:16:15 PM permalink
lol all of this over me saying cinnamon toast crunch is the best cereal ever. I am not sure how we went from cereal to a debate on vaccinations. Either way I am stoked about going on a cruise.
steeldco
steeldco
June 23rd, 2014 at 2:27:04 PM permalink

lol all of this over me saying cinnamon toast crunch is the best cereal ever. I am not sure how we went from cereal to a debate on vaccinations. Either way I am stoked about going on a cruise.

Congrats! My wife and I have been on a bunch of cruises and they all have been in the Carribbean. A great time on all but one.
Nareed
Nareed
June 23rd, 2014 at 2:31:44 PM permalink

Either way I am stoked about going on a cruise.

Make sure you've had all your shots ;)
GWAE
GWAE
June 23rd, 2014 at 2:39:43 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Make sure you've had all your shots ;)

hahahahaaha my wife actually asked me today if we needed shots to go to the Caribbean.
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
June 23rd, 2014 at 2:46:31 PM permalink

hahahahaaha my wife actually asked me today if we needed shots to go to the Caribbean.

Do you? I've got 'free cruise' offers from three casinos and plenty in the past. Never used one but I might sometime so I'm curious.
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
GWAE
GWAE
June 23rd, 2014 at 2:49:20 PM permalink
Quote: Mooseton

Do you? I've got 'free cruise' offers from three casinos and plenty in the past. Never used one but I might sometime so I'm curious.

why have you never used them?

I was skeptical at first, why would they give a $2000 cruise to a small time gambler. I talked to NCL today and it is a real cruise for cheap. No time share or any other shenanigans involved.
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel
info about vaccines.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
June 23rd, 2014 at 2:54:00 PM permalink
Quote: Mooseton

When I went on my Caribbean cruise in March, my doctor recommended getting hepatitis A vaccines. There is no requirement, though.
I heart Crystal Math.
GWAE
GWAE
June 23rd, 2014 at 3:02:29 PM permalink
Quote: CrystalMath

When I went on my Caribbean cruise in March, my doctor recommended getting hepatitis A vaccines. There is no requirement, though.

but didn't we get those as kids? I know my kids both have them.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
June 23rd, 2014 at 3:12:33 PM permalink
Click,click, click. shoot the drama is on every post.
I am a robot.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
June 23rd, 2014 at 3:21:29 PM permalink
I've never gotten any kind of vaccination for a cruise. On the other hand, after our cruise last November, the Red Cross deferred me from making blood donations for a year. Our ship visited the port of Samana in the Dominican Republic, and seems that essentially the entire country is considered a malaria risk area. Of course, the cruise line never mentioned such a thing. So far, no evidence of infection.

This was the second cruise that resulted in my being deferred from donating blood. The first time was after we visited the malaria-risk area of Santa Cruz Huatulco, Mexico. No cruise-line mention of any risk that time either. Both cruises were on Holland America.
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
June 23rd, 2014 at 3:22:20 PM permalink
My parents were the 'ah natural' type. Never had shots til my wife started pushing them on me. I'm glad you brought that up about getting shots before becoming a world traveler. On the other hand, I never had the flu like I had it this year. It lasted a month. And I caught it right after receiving my first flu shots ever.

The reason i never use the free cruise offers is because somehow it got put in my head that once you're on board you're basically stuck paying for way over priced stuff. Plus both my wife and I are pretty big drinkers so I just know it would be ridiculous expensive. Unless they sell cases of keystone light. :)
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
June 23rd, 2014 at 3:29:59 PM permalink

but didn't we get those as kids? I know my kids both have them.

Probably. I don't have any shot records for myself, so I decided to get the vaccine.
I heart Crystal Math.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
June 23rd, 2014 at 3:33:56 PM permalink

It is a 7 day cruise through the Caribbean with 4 stops and the total for 2 people including the upgrade and all taxes and fees was $487. Now I just have to figure out how to get to Tampa.
I just checked their website and the cruise that we are taking would cost $2856. I have always wanted to go on a cruise so this was exciting.

There are tremendous opportunities due to recent public relations disasters and other problems. The industry is suffering and they want to keep people happy despite the headlines about: crime, fires, infections, pirates, etc.

Even the younger crowd that do Holy Ship out of Fort Liquordale (non stop earplug wearing required) tend to love the cruise experiences that they have.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
June 23rd, 2014 at 4:04:22 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

Both cruises were on Holland America.

That explains it. Holland America passengers are more of the blood recipient rather than the blood donor demographic.
  • Jump to: