Thread Rating:

TigerWu
TigerWu 
  • Threads: 6
July 17th, 2017 at 10:40:58 AM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

I thought she was moved from a larger seat to a smaller one, and she had already paid for the larger one and was seated.
I disagree with her on many issues,but in this case I take her side,unless i misread or missed something.

More details... In short, she changed her seat less than 24 hours before boarding, for some reason this caused some confusion with Delta, Delta employees tried to straighten it out on the fly, at the time and during the whole flight no one complained including Coulter, AFTER the flight landed is when Coulter went bananas and started publicly insulting not only Delta employees but other passengers:

"The airline said that Coulter originally booked seat 15F, which is located by the window in an exit row, however; within 24 hours of the flight’s departure, the customer changed to seat 15D, which is by the aisle. At the time of boarding, Delta inadvertently moved Coulter to 15A, a window seat, when working to accommodate several passengers with seating requests.

When there was some confusion with seating assignments during boarding, a flight attendant stepped in and asked that all of the passengers move to the seats noted on their respective tickets. All customers complied and the flight departed without incident. Following the flight, crew members reported that there were no problems or concerns escalated.

Delta first became aware of the issue with Coulter’s seat assignment when she began tweeting on July 15 after the flight’s arrival. The airline’s social media and customer care teams made several attempts to connect with her to apologize for the seat mix-up; however, they did not hear back from Coulter until Sunday evening."

http://news.delta.com/delta-s-response-political-analyst-ann-coulter-s-public-attack-airline-s-employees-customers

"The airline said it would refund her $30 for the preferred seat she bought, adding, “Delta expects mutual civility throughout the entire travel experience.”

She ridiculed the $30 refund, saying on Twitter that it cost her $10,000 of her time to select the seat she wanted, investigate the type of plane and periodically review seat options.

In an email on Monday, she wrote: “I spent time ‘reserving’ — that term has a flexible meaning at Delta — a specific seat, and that’s my hourly rate.""

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/17/business/ann-coulter-delta-twitter.html
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
  • Threads: 99
July 17th, 2017 at 10:50:04 AM permalink
If she had booked what she wanted the first time, she'd have saved, "$10,000."

She could also afford someone to do her booking for her, but that would mean giving someone a job and contributing to the betterment of another person...not likely.

Someone griping about a commonality is absurd, why should a wealthy public figure be held to a LOWER standard? This is a ridiculous thing for anyone to gripe about given the circumstances.

I'd have traded her seats, though. It would be worth it because I'm not an entitled (use your imagination) who gripes about the smallest things and is overly demanding just as she accuses anyone left of center of being, and, most importantly, it would result in me not having to listen to her speak. My response to her, "Thank you," assuming she would ever deign to thank another human being for any nicety, which I doubt, would end in, 'You,' but the first word wouldn't be, 'Thank.'
Vultures can't be choosers.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 66
July 17th, 2017 at 10:56:12 AM permalink
If it really cost 10k for her time wouldn't it be cheaper to just get a private jet and be done with it. She could have saved time with tsa as well so it would have been like making money.
TigerWu
TigerWu 
July 17th, 2017 at 11:05:04 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

If it really cost 10k for her time wouldn't it be cheaper to just get a private jet and be done with it. She could have saved time with tsa as well so it would have been like making money.

Yeah, why the eff is Anne Coulter flying in coach, anyway?

I've already made up my mind that if I ever become a millionaire, if I upgrade nothing else about my lifestyle, I'm going to fly first class everywhere. Flying sucks. I have no sympathy for anything that happens to people in coach if they can easily afford a better seat.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 63
July 17th, 2017 at 12:26:03 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Probably much more than $10k for a private jet from NYC to West Palm Beach.
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
  • Threads: 99
July 17th, 2017 at 12:34:58 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Paying anyone under 10k per hour to do it for her would be a bargain, then. Again, that would result is improving someone else's life, though, can't have that.
Vultures can't be choosers.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 66
July 17th, 2017 at 12:43:01 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

You are right, looks like they are about 5k per hour. I was thinking of jet setter where you can get them much much cheaper.

However if I were rich I would be flying first class for sure, and if a plane didn't have first class then she should have just bought the entire row. It would have cost say 1500 with no thought so she would have saved 8500
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 16
Thanks for this post from:
Rigondeaux
July 17th, 2017 at 1:35:29 PM permalink
She can't buy the whole row as she would have to check in 6 times and use six boarding passes which they wouldn't allow.
Still, I have no sympathy for her. She can easily afford 1st class and for her to complain about being moved to an equivalent seat on the same row is not worth the tweet storm. Being jettisoned to a middle seat in the back, yes. Same row to accommodate someone else - who cares?

Looking for a seat on SeatGuru and changing the seat on delta.com takes 3 minutes if you are good at it, perhaps 15 minutes if you are an idiot, 30 minutes if you have to call Delta to do it for you. You need the flight number to look the seat map on SeatGuru and your confirmation number and last name to change your seat on any airline.

My rules for flying are
(1) no middle seats, ever
(2) economy plus or preferred seating to get extra leg room on flights longer than 90 minutes (or JetBlue where all seats are good, or A group on SouthWest to get an exit row)
(3) or no one next to me back in cattle class. This is hardest but you can change your seats pretty much up to boarding time. You can look at the seat assignments and the airline's standby lists to define how far back on the plane you need to go before you will not have anyone in the middle or aisle next to you.

And using your billing rate to equivalate your time is just stupid. I hope the next 100 flights she is on goes into a 3 hour ground stop with her in the back middle seat surrounded by fatties and screaming babies and those who have not showered in 5 days. Any of us who has flown alot has run into those issues.

I like the Louis CK approach to flying:

Quote: LouisCK

Flying is the worst because people come back from flights and they tell you…a horror story…They’re like: “It was the worst day of my life. First of all, we didn’t board for twenty minutes, and then we get on the plane and they made us sit there on the runway…”

Oh really, what happened next?

Did you fly through the air incredibly, like a bird? Did you partake in the miracle of human flight you non-contributing zero?! You’re flying! It’s amazing! Everybody on every plane should just constantly be going: “Oh my God! Wow!” You’re flying! You’re sitting in a chair, in the sky!”

The miracle of flight
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
TigerWu
TigerWu 
July 17th, 2017 at 1:55:17 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

I like the Louis CK approach to flying:

Haha....he has a good point. I still don't know how those things stay in the air. It's magic as far as I'm concerned. I mean, I've had the physics explained to me and I understand the math behind it and all, but it's still mind-boggling if you think about it.

EDIT: HAHA!! "You're sitting in a chair in the sky! You're like a Greek myth right now!"
sixsisters
sixsisters
  • Threads: 0
July 17th, 2017 at 2:00:54 PM permalink
New Here. Been bachreading Mister Face posts. Seems like his son has a great DAD. Not too many of them around. Especually divorced ones.

• Jump to: