What was the last bid, bob?
Ah, uh...hmm, uhh....799 bob!!
"should of played 'Go Fish' today ya peasant" -typoontrav
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
  • Threads: 101
March 20th, 2017 at 3:06:57 PM permalink
While we're on the subject, Top 3 Price is Right games? I was sick from school the last time I watched a full episode if that tells you anything, (I've caught ten or fifteen minutes here and there) so I apologize if any of these aren't games anymore:

1.) Plinko
2.) Punch-Out
3.) The Mountain Climber Game

If, "The Big Wheel," counts as a game, then put that in second and knock the mountain climber off of the list.
Vultures can't be choosers.
GWAE
GWAE 
  • Threads: 67
March 20th, 2017 at 3:52:42 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

While we're on the subject, Top 3 Price is Right games? I was sick from school the last time I watched a full episode if that tells you anything, (I've caught ten or fifteen minutes here and there) so I apologize if any of these aren't games anymore:

1.) Plinko
2.) Punch-Out
3.) The Mountain Climber Game

If, "The Big Wheel," counts as a game, then put that in second and knock the mountain climber off of the list.

Drew calls the mountain gain the yoddley guy. Those are also umoung my favorites. I watch it every Monday since I am off. The games I hate are the 3 prizes and you pick the highest or something. I much prefer the types like you mentioned.
GWAE
GWAE 
March 20th, 2017 at 3:57:31 PM permalink
While talking game shows. Does it annoy anyone else on let's make a deal when people struggle on which curtsin to pick. They ask the audience for help. My wife does this during bonus rounds like on jackpot party. Just pick one already, your thinking about it does not change anything.

I often struggle with decisions on lmad. They will have a decision like keep your 3k or pick another box. So my ev is 11k on the boxes (I think) but if you pick wrong you get zero and probably no chance to ever get back to your EV
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
  • Threads: 101
March 20th, 2017 at 4:02:42 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

While talking game shows. Does it annoy anyone else on let's make a deal when people struggle on which curtsin to pick. They ask the audience for help. My wife does this during bonus rounds like on jackpot party. Just pick one already, your thinking about it does not change anything.

I often struggle with decisions on lmad. They will have a decision like keep your 3k or pick another box. So my ev is 11k on the boxes (I think) but if you pick wrong you get zero and probably no chance to ever get back to your EV

Is that the one with the suitcases that you open and the prizes go away as they are revealed?
Vultures can't be choosers.
GWAE
GWAE 
March 20th, 2017 at 4:05:17 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Is that the one with the suitcases that you open and the prizes go away as they are revealed?

No but that is deal or no deal. That erks me too, same concept. Lmad is with Wayne Brady where they win something then have a choice to give back their guarantee for a chance at a better prize.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 151
March 20th, 2017 at 4:06:12 PM permalink

My favorite Let's make a Deal episode (quoting myself from another post)

Quote:

Just watched this:

They brought back Monty Hall for 50 years anniversary of Let's Make a Deal

So, they put him out there to do one deal (also with his original female model on stage)

He offers a woman a roll of money or a curtain on the stage. The roll of money has a one dollar bill around it, so she doesn't know how much money is in it. She decides to keep the money.

Monty opens the curtain to see what she gave up --- $24,000 car

SO, Monty then offers her another curtain, or keep that same roll. She opts to keep the money again.

Monty opens the curtain ---- $16,000 car.

SO THEN, HE OFFERS HER A THIRD DEAL. Another curtain or the same roll of money. She figures it can't be another car, so keeps the money.

IT'S ANOTHER $16,000 CAR.

So, she gets the roll of money. $2000.

prisoner of gravity
GWAE
GWAE 
March 20th, 2017 at 4:08:41 PM permalink
I remember that episode. That was great. They should have done 1 more curtain with a zonk car. I bet she takes it. I don't like the deals where the worst case is 2k. Some deals have to way of losing.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 128
March 20th, 2017 at 4:51:34 PM permalink
Game shows don't just put people on randomly. Even for the price is right, they select people based on how entertaining or likable the people will be on camera. I'm sure the producers prod people to act how they do, such as debating a simple choice.
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 151
March 20th, 2017 at 5:47:55 PM permalink

I remember that episode. That was great. They should have done 1 more curtain with a zonk car. I bet she takes it. I don't like the deals where the worst case is 2k. Some deals have to way of losing.

What's funny, is the producers obviously designed it to be as fail proof as possible for a feel-good episode for the original host. They didn't want him to zonk someone on his one visit back. They gave him a big prize to give away.

3 chances to win a car, what could go wrong?
prisoner of gravity

• Jump to: