Poll

6 votes (75%)
2 votes (25%)

8 members have voted

SplittingAA
SplittingAA
  • Threads: 4
March 16th, 2010 at 9:29:38 AM permalink
I don't know how much sentiment you hold for your Alma Mater, but as an Alumnus of The Ohio State University, I wish to extend a congratulation on UC-SB winning the Big West Conference Tournament and it's automatic invitation into the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. Good Luck for this Friday Night's opening round game against my Buckeyes. Most of the Buckeye fans (myself included) have been grumbling since the brackets were announced about their foreseen difficult road to the final four. Not a single "gimme" game on their path. I personally don't have them getting past Georgetown in the Sweet Sixteen.

Go Bucks!!!
Evan Turner = N-P-O-T-Y (national player of the year)

First ever Wizard of Vegas Forum Poll Question (I think?)

Who will win?
Phil: I'm pretty sure that's illegal too. Alan: Yeah, maybe after 9/11, where everybody got so sensitive. Thanks a lot, bin Laden.
cclub79
cclub79
  • Threads: 35
March 16th, 2010 at 10:18:55 AM permalink
That buzzer beater was amazing.

In case anyone was looking for a new way to run a pool, this year I'm in one with 16 participants, and each person gets 1 team in each region. In each game, if your team beats the spread, you move on. If your team BTS but loses, you take over the favorite. Championship winner takes the pot. You only need 16 people (or 32, 64, 8) and it's a little different than just filling out endless brackets, but still keeps you entertained.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
March 16th, 2010 at 11:24:09 AM permalink
Thanks! I'll be sure to wear my UCSB shirt on Friday, and make a small wager for fun on the game, which is something I rarely do. To be honest, I haven't been following March Madness this year, so thanks for bringing this to my attention. Although I see the Gauchos are 17 point underdogs, as a Gaucho myself, I had to vote for them in your poll.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
  • Jump to: