Fan Mail Address:

William Shatner
TalentWorks
3500 West Olive Avenue
Suite 1400
Burbank, CA 91505-5512
USA

How to send your fan mail and autograph requests to William Shatner?:

If you want to request an autograph, follow the guidelines bellow. If you just want to mail a letter with the address above, and do not want anything back, then you can stop reading! If you live in USA send a properly stamped and self addressed envelope (minimum size 8.5" x 4") with your request letter and a photo. You can include a piece of cardboard to keep the photo from bending in shipping and also add "Do Not Bend" on the envelopes. Send your letter and wait. On average, there is going to be a 3+ month wait for a response.
August 13th, 2013 at 4:38:28 AM permalink
ewjones080
Threads: 33
Here's a funny story.. I live literally 15 miles from James T. Kirk's birthplace and every summer they have a Trek Fest. One year I think it's Shatner that's making a documentary about it and drives around with a guy I work with... He said Shatner was kind of an ass to him and the movie was making fun of the Fest'ers even though Shatner tells him he's serious. He didn't enjoy his time with Shatner.... Strangely there's a local law firm that hired him for a commercial as well.. Always thought that was kinda weird..
August 13th, 2013 at 4:44:49 AM permalink
jetermacaw
Threads: 1
A little story from chidhhood. My dad brought me to my first Yankee game in the summer of 1961. He had a 1956 Plymouth with the shifter on the column, what a ride for the first time over the GW Bridge. Hung around after the game and as we were walking back to the card we passed the players gate as some players were leaving. All the other kids were screaming for the players autographs but I didn't have pen or pencil, my Dad says men shake hands. That summer afternoon in 1961 I shook Mantle and Maris hand and got a smile from both.
August 13th, 2013 at 4:52:16 AM permalink
treetopbuddy
Threads: 34
Quote: jetermacaw
my Dad says men shake hands. That summer afternoon in 1961 I shook Mantle and Maris hand and got a smile from both.

Your dad was right on..... wow Mantle and Maris .....I played golf with Mantle in late 70's....... getting his autograph never crossed my mind.
Each day is better than the next
August 13th, 2013 at 5:03:07 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 15
I'm a giant fan of Shatner, have been since I was a kid. Star Trek made me interested in science and from then age of 7, a Canadian boy was more interested in reruns of Star Trek over playing hockey, much to my dad's profound (and understandable) disappointment. My major in University is Astronomy and Physics thanks to the inspirations of Mr. Spock and Captain Kirk.

That said, Shatner is over 80 years old. Late last year, he came to do his one man show near us and I won free tickets. Unfortunately it was the same weekend that Shania was playing in Vegas and I had already booked tickets with my daughter, so my best friends got the tickets, which included "coffee" with Shatner before the show. They didn't go to the coffee portion, and I was extremely disappointed. And they didn't get autographs either -- he wasn't signing.

As for Shania, my daughter (a short lifetime fan) wanted very much to meet her, and we wrote letters to her promoters and to Shania herself asking if she could somehow get on stage for the show (Shania pulls about a half-dozen fans out of the audience to do a sing-along). They responded and said that they couldn't do anything for her, and lo-and-behold, when the sing-along came and went, my teenaged daughter was reduced to a pile of tears because Shania (her husband, actaully) didn't pick her!

But despite all of this, Shania Twain and William Shatner are just people.

It's great that you asked nicely, but it would be completely understandable that an 80+ year old man doesn't want to sign an autograph in one of his places of respite. A man is entitled to a private life. He said, "I'm sorry, I don't do that", and that's a fair response. He's out with friends. He was asked earlier by a bartender and already politely said "no".

He no longer serves the public. His career is done. He's made his money.

Take a photo next time.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
August 13th, 2013 at 5:08:04 AM permalink
HotBlonde
Threads: 59
Quote: boymimbo
Take a photo next time.
Well, being that I didn't even get a "quick" autograph from him, I don't see how in any way he would have obliged to a photo with him.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
August 13th, 2013 at 5:33:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 199
Quote: HotBlonde
But again, isn't anyone asking to be famous asking for this famous lifestyle?

NO!

I think it was Joe DiMaggio who they said was "king of room service" because being naturally shy he didn't like the attention and hounding. Remember, they are people just like you and I are. Some people are naturally friendly and will talk to and, and sign for anyone, anytime. Some are happy to do so when they are at an event of some sort or even "on duty." Richard Petty is known to be willing to sign autographs because he well remembers when his sport was a dirt track and you treated the fans as customers; but they say don't ask him to stop what he is doing, if he is walking you need to keep up because he is still "at work." And some don't want to be hassled, or may just be tired of being hassled.

Shatner "asked" to star in a TV Series. He didn't "ask" to be hounded anyplace he goes by fans. It is simple respect for other people to not interrupt them at dinner and otherwise hound them.
I'm Leaving it as I found it. Take over. It's yours.
August 13th, 2013 at 5:33:48 AM permalink
CrystalMath
Threads: 7
Kudos to Shatner. He doesn't owe you a thing.

This reminds me of when my kids say "but, Dad, I even said please." I tell them that just because they were polite doesn't mean I have to agree. I'm sure that sometimes they even go to Facebook to let their friends know how much of an asshole I am... brats ;)
I heart Crystal Math.
August 13th, 2013 at 5:41:49 AM permalink
HotBlonde
Threads: 59
Quote: AZDuffman
Shatner "asked" to star in a TV Series. He didn't "ask" to be hounded anyplace he goes by fans. It is simple respect for other people to not interrupt them at dinner and otherwise hound them.
Honestly? He asked to be in a TV series but never, ever be recognized or be asked for his autograph? Ok. Sure. And your definition of hounding? I don't feel I hounded him in that case. I, in all honestly, don't see how I could've been more polite than I was. Were I a celebrity, perhaps he would've come out of his "shell" and obliged. But one will never know.

(Unless, of course, I myself achieve celebrity status, which I have no desire to do so, so we REALLY may never know.)
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
August 13th, 2013 at 6:45:31 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 15
Polite and nice as you may be, polite and nice was he as well. He said, "Sorry, I don't do that".

He didn't tell you to stick the pen up your ass or to f-off. It was a pleasant response and one that he has probably given thousands of times before when he's been out for dinner. And given that he was already asked before and said "no", he had a right to be perturbed by being asked again.

Look on the bright side. William Shatner acknowledged your existence. That's way better than 99.9% of the other people on the planet and more than what I have.

He doesn't owe you anything. You could have easily turned that autograph into a $10 sale on E-Bay.

Gotta stick up for my Canadians.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!