You crack me up, WongBo. You're sooooo
indignantly self righteous. Do you find humor
in anything?
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
September 5th, 2012 at 11:25:16 PM permalink
I find a lot of humor in your posts Bob, because many times they are genuinely funny.
I don't find humor in the posts I mentioned because they are not at all funny.
I am supposed to roll with laughter at some stereotype about Asians/Chinese from the 70's...?
I could name 20 Chinese guys who bet more than most people's net worth on one hand of baccarat.
They don't wash other peoples shirts, trust.
As far as the disabled go, you want to get some laughs about disabled people?
Explain to me how funny it is, maybe I will see your viewpoint.
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 402
September 5th, 2012 at 11:30:38 PM permalink
Quote: WongBo

I guarantee I could name 20 Chinese guys who bet more than most people's net worth on one hand of baccarat.

Yup, the Chinese are definately big bettors. Big
winners? Not so much. The Chinese I saw when
I played bac were great at following the lead of
the Big Bettor. Unfortunately, more often than not,
he was usually the Big Loser.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 161
September 6th, 2012 at 4:44:43 AM permalink
I have a variety of pet peeves.

The four that come to mind are:

A) Horrific spelling.
The occasional spelling error / typo doesn't bother me. But can't you re-read your post, and fix erorrs, before hitting "Post," or edit posts if you see the errors afterwards?

B) Incorrectly used words.
For example: Your, you're. There, thier, they're. Etc.
When I see these words used incorrectly in posts, I really do have to stop and re-read it to understand what was written.

C) Putting the $ after then number.
While I realize that there are countries where it's normal practice to do it that way, I find it irritating when I see it being done by Americans. For example, on a restaurant menu, if you're going to use the dollar sign at all, put it BEFORE the number. There's a local dollar store named "1$ Bargains." Really? You couldn't get it right in the name of your store?

D) Using "Of" when you mean "Have".
For example: I should of stopped at three peeves.

I have other peeves, but these are the ones that come to mind.

Gaming vs gambling? I couldn't care less.

There's another peeve: People who say "I could care less" when they mean "I couldn't care less."
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
September 6th, 2012 at 5:28:00 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

A) Horrific spelling.
The occasional spelling error / typo doesn't bother me. But can't you re-read your post, and fix erorrs, before hitting "Post," or edit posts if you see the errors afterwards?

B) Incorrectly used words.
For example: Your, you're. There, thier, they're. Etc.
When I see these words used incorrectly in posts, I really do have to stop and re-read it to understand what was written.

Oh, the irony! :P

But that can count as the occasional typo.
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 161
September 6th, 2012 at 6:39:20 AM permalink
Quote: FarFromVegas

Oh, the irony! :P

But that can count as the occasional typo.

Holy crap. LOL!

Yeah, and thanks for that laugh.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
September 6th, 2012 at 8:18:04 AM permalink
" There's another peeve: People who say "I could care less" when they mean "I couldn't care less." "

Whether someone says ' Don't take this personal ", I take it very personal.
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
September 6th, 2012 at 8:19:41 AM permalink
edit: Was slow on the uptake. Flogging a dead horse.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
FatGeezus
FatGeezus
  • Threads: 6
September 6th, 2012 at 8:52:12 AM permalink
Here's my pet peeve at the craps table.

The shooter gets the dice and establishes a point.

The stickman pushes the dice to the shooter and the shooter takes the dice and drops them three or four times in front of him until he sees some magical number and then finally tosses the dice down the table and

7777777s OUT!
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 21
September 6th, 2012 at 9:42:55 AM permalink
Pet Peeves, awesome topic:

1) Walking behind a group of people walking down the strip at 0.00005 mph, spread 4 wide making it nearly impossible to pass.
2) Walking behind someone who suddenly decides to stop cold in their tracks in the middle of the aisle without any regard to the 10 people behind them who now have to quickly react to or run into the inconsiderate asshole. Is it too hard to just walk to the side before coming to a complete stop?
3) People who go through the all you can eat buffet while taking forever to make their selections. It's an ALL YOU CAN EAT, slop and go, if you don't like something, you can always come back and get something else.
4) The person 'saving' a seat at the sports book, only to find out they were saving it all day for their spouse or buddy who showed up for all of 5 minutes during a break from shopping or from the pool.

• Jump to: