Thread Rating:

RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
December 27th, 2017 at 9:50:23 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Are you going to make the military work for free? Or get rid of them?

What do either of those have to do with what bobbartop said?
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
December 27th, 2017 at 10:27:07 PM permalink

Are you going to make the military work for free? Or get rid of them?

This is too deep for me. I know you're trying to make a point, but it escapes me.

Are you aware that the federal government raised revenue before 1913?

Honestly, I think you could have looked better if you had researched this before posting your "point". You are better.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 27th, 2017 at 10:44:17 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

People should voluntarily pay what the military is personally worth to them, obviously.

Providing for the common defense is the proper role and a proper expenditure of the Federal Government.

And although there is enormous waste in the Defense Dept., as in all departments, it is less than 25% of the entire budget.

And how's that interest payment on the Debt doing nowadays?
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
December 27th, 2017 at 10:56:35 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

This is too deep for me. I know you're trying to make a point, but it escapes me.

Are you aware that the federal government raised revenue before 1913?

Honestly, I think you could have looked better if you had researched this before posting your "point". You are better.

If you say the government will be run on pre1913 methods, I'm just going to laugh at you.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
rxwine
rxwine
December 27th, 2017 at 10:58:31 PM permalink
Here's a rundown of countries with no income tax. I see no model that would even come close to US expectations.

United Arab Emirates
Oman
Bahrain
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Kuwait
Bermuda
Cayman Islands
The Bahamas
Brunei
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 27th, 2017 at 11:17:53 PM permalink

If you say the government will be run on pre1913 methods, I'm just going to laugh at you.

What part of proper constitutional expenditure did you not understand?
rxwine
rxwine
December 27th, 2017 at 11:25:52 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

What part of proper constitutional expenditure did you not understand?

If I had to guess, the part where you pretend certain amendments don't matter. It's unconstitutional to ignore them. Not the other way around.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 27th, 2017 at 11:52:01 PM permalink

Here's a rundown of countries with no income tax. I see no model that would even come close to US expectations.

United Arab Emirates
Oman
Bahrain
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Kuwait
Bermuda
Cayman Islands
The Bahamas
Brunei

Take out Saudi Arabia and all the
rest together are what, about the
size of Texas?
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 28th, 2017 at 12:25:37 AM permalink

If I had to guess, the part where you pretend certain amendments don't matter. It's unconstitutional to ignore them. Not the other way around.

I don't pretend any amendments don't matter, you are disingenuously twisting my words. Proper government function can probably best be interpreted by reading the Federalist Papers. Obviously, if an amendment is ratified, we follow it regardless of its conflicts with the intent of the Founders. In some cases we do that even if the amendment was NOT ratified, like with the 14th. And in other cases, like the 10th, it is properly ratified, we just don't follow it.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
December 28th, 2017 at 4:18:15 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Who owns the fed? Are you saying the TBTF banks don't have tons of loaned money held in reserves, collecting interest from taxpayers ?

FEDS, Not The Fed.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 28th, 2017 at 4:25:45 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

That is absolutely NOT what liberals want. If anything, it's a projection of what Trump is doing, deliberately setting party against party, dismantling most cabinet departments, starting squabbles among like-minded people, defunding major programs, ruining decades of work on diplomatic relationships. Maybe he's Shiva the Destroyer, but that would require pure motives, like Face has . This is just a grab for power and riches.

What liberals want is a President who respects and honors his office, who works for the citizenry, not himself and his family, and takes all Americans into account when making decisions. This guy does NONE of that. And liberals are not going to shut up about it. Either he raises his game, or he gets driven out.

Add me to the people calling BS on one of your posts in this thread!

What on earth is wrong with downsizing cabinet departments? Is it written that you cannot do this? If a department is not getting the job done, or its time is past (cough-DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION-cough) then it is time to dismantle it. Same with major programs and "diplomatic relationships" you cherish. It we are not getting what we need, time to move on. A smart businessman like Trump could probably gut 1/4 of the programs and departments we have and nobody would notice the difference.

One thing I have really liked is Trump wants to move some departments out of DC and closer to where they work. Why is the Department of the Interior still in DC, other than so the high ups can attend cocktail parties?

Your "what liberals want" is laughable. BTW: don't you claim to be not a liberal but a "lifelong Republican?" Obama never tool "all Americans" into account on anything. If you were in a preferred group of his you had his support. If not, he spit in your face.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
December 28th, 2017 at 5:26:57 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

\

I still believe my broker. Let's talk again end of January. I bet the Dow is down 10% or more by Jan 31 from whatever this year's high becomes.

$10 bet? I'll even go $20 if you are that sure.......
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 28th, 2017 at 5:29:03 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Telltale sign if someone is a science denier.

If they think a boy should use a girls bathroom because they feel like a girl. #biology denial

Great post! Needed more than my usual 'thank you' click.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 28th, 2017 at 5:57:35 AM permalink
How to Determine If You Should Talk About Politics in Public

This is from Scott Adams of "Dilbert" fame.

Quote: Scott Adams

Count the number of items on the list that you once predicted would be true. I’ll tell you how to evaluate your score at the end.

Did you once believe…
Trump will never win the GOP nomination.
Trump will never win the presidency.
Stocks will drop if Trump is elected.
President Trump will deport ten million illegal immigrants.
Trump will be gone (impeached, jailed, or quit) by end of 2017.
Trump’s immigration ban on several Muslim countries will be found unconstitutional.
Trump colluded with Russia, and that’s a crime.
Trump obstructed justice (a crime) by firing Comey.
Trump’s skills as a “con man” might get him elected but it won’t transfer into doing the job of president.
Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel will cause huge problems.
Trump’s tweeting will cause huge problems.
GOP will never embrace Trump.
Trump will get nothing important done.
Trump will not work effectively with leaders of other countries.
GOP senators will vote against GOP priorities because of President Trump’s mean tweets.
Trump will not nominate qualified judges to the Supreme Court.
Trump is incompetent.
Presidential approval polls are a good predictor of how a president will perform.
The military won’t follow Trump’s orders.
GDP will never stay above 3%

If you got 15 or more wrong, you might want to consider never saying anything about politics out loud again for the rest of your life. Just a suggestion.

Does Adams have a username here? It is as if he has been reading the Trump threads here and at DT.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
December 28th, 2017 at 6:32:57 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Trump’s immigration ban on several Muslim countries will be found unconstitutional.
Trump’s skills as a “con man” might get him elected but it won’t transfer into doing the job of president.
Trump is incompetent.
Presidential approval polls are a good predictor of how a president will perform.

These are all still up for debate. Anyone who claims otherwise needs to get their head out of the sand.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 28th, 2017 at 6:36:01 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Trump is incompetent.

These are all still up for debate. Anyone who claims otherwise needs to get their head out of the sand.

Let me guess, you still believe the fake dossier?
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
December 28th, 2017 at 6:36:04 AM permalink

Trump is incompetent.

The fact that you believe even half of that proves AZ's point.
ams288
ams288
December 28th, 2017 at 6:56:33 AM permalink

Let me guess, you still believe the fake dossier?

What is fake about it? What has been officially disproven?
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Thanked by
AZDuffmanMaxPen
December 28th, 2017 at 8:02:36 AM permalink
Liberals always bring up the “Fair Share” argument but when you look at their idea of fair it is anything but.

So what is fair?

The fairest system would be every person pays the same amount, be it $20,000 or what ever amount it takes for needed services as we all share in them alike. The millionaire gets the same amount of protection from the military as the homeless man. Obviously this will never happen but it seems “fair”.

The 2nd fairest system would be every person pays the same percentage (15%?) on every dollar made from $1 up earned with no deductions. Again hard to argue it isn’t fair as the more you make the more you pay. But again liberals don’t think it “fair” that the working poor contribute.

So then you can have a standard deduction of say no income tax per person on the 1st say $30,000. After that everyone pays the same rate (18%?) on all earned income. No deductions for anyone, for anything. Couldn’t be much fairer than that, right?

Make $60000 pay $5400. Make $130,000 pay $18,000. Make $530,000 pay $90,000. Or make $500 Million and pay $894,600. Even though everyone gets the same benefit, the more you make the more you pay. How much “fairer” can it get?

But when you get down to it, liberals don’t like this kind of fair. It still comes down to their belief that most people are victims and anyone who has something cheated someone to get it.

Liberals idea of fair is much closer the 80 or 90% Tax rate Bernie supports.

Amazing what some people think is “fair”.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
December 28th, 2017 at 8:11:59 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Liberals always bring up the “Fair Share” argument but when you look at their idea of fair it is anything but.

So what is fair?

The fairest system would be every person pays the same amount, be it $20,000 or what ever amount it takes for needed services as we all share in them alike. The millionaire gets the same amount of protection from the military as the homeless man. Obviously this will never happen but it seems “fair”.

The 2nd fairest system would be every person pays the same percentage (15%?) on every dollar made from $1 up earned with no deductions. Again hard to argue it isn’t fair as the more you make the more you pay. But again liberals don’t think it “fair” that the working poor contribute.

So then you can have a standard deduction of say no income tax per person on the 1st say $30,000. After that everyone pays the same rate (18%?) on all earned income. No deductions for anyone, for anything. Couldn’t be much fairer than that, right?

Make $60000 pay $5400. Make $130,000 pay $18,000. Make $530,000 pay $90,000. Or make $500 Million and pay $894,600. Even though everyone gets the same benefit, the more you make the more you pay. How much “fairer” can it get?

But when you get down to it, liberals don’t like this kind of fair. It still comes down to their belief that most people are victims and anyone who has something cheated someone to get it.

Liberals idea of fair is much closer the 80 or 90% Tax rate Bernie supports.

Amazing what some people think is “fair”.

What's fair is a recognition that different people will have different opinions on this matter. Not all liberals think the same way, despite your attempt to characterize them that way.

I personally would have no problem with a flat percentage after a standard deduction.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Thanked by
SOOPOO
December 28th, 2017 at 9:23:33 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

What's fair is a recognition that different people will have different opinions on this matter. Not all liberals think the same way, despite your attempt to characterize them that way.

I personally would have no problem with a flat percentage after a standard deduction.

I agree to some extent. But it’s easy to see prominent liberals use these terms often enough to realize it’s their parties belief.

Blacks that support the GOP are Uncle Tom’s voting against their own best interest.
Anyone who supports the Confederate Flag is a “racist”
If you are against Gay Marriage you hate all gays.

So generalization is all around us.
billryan
billryan
December 28th, 2017 at 9:25:56 AM permalink
How about an end of year tax.
No one is charged upfront. You get your money and spend it.

Only your "surplus " income is taxed.
A family of four with $75,000 income and $65,000 in expenses is taxed on its $10,000 leftover. A billionaire with $100 million income and $40 million in expenses, is taxed the same rate on his leftover.
Chances are that the billionaire will use more services than the Family with less income.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
December 28th, 2017 at 10:01:59 AM permalink
Quote:

Does Adams have a username here? It is as if he has been reading the Trump threads here and at DT.

Yes, it's probably Nate Silver. LOL.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 28th, 2017 at 10:37:24 AM permalink
Rasmussen Poll shows Trump at 46% APPROVE this morning, with 53% DISAPPROVE

What about Obama at same exact date first year in presidency?? 46% APPROVE, 53% DISAPPROVE!
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 28th, 2017 at 10:43:35 AM permalink

How to Determine If You Should Talk About Politics in Public

This is from Scott Adams of "Dilbert" fame.

Every single one of these was or
is a talking point of the Libs I have
blocked. They believe like a religion
every one of them. They even think
the dossier is real even though it's
been debunked every way from
Sunday as pure made up crap paid
for by Hillary. That's what happens
when they watch nothing but fake
news, they never hear the truth.
rxwine
rxwine
December 28th, 2017 at 10:45:03 AM permalink

But real buying power isn't fair. And that matters. If healthcare costs 20 percent of your paycheck, what percentage does Warren Buffet pay for his?

Income does not exist in a vacuum.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 28th, 2017 at 11:07:10 AM permalink

I agree to some extent. But it’s easy to see prominent liberals use these terms often enough to realize it’s their parties belief.

Liberals cannot handle it when you speak in general terms. They think it is a sign of low intelligence. Actually, understanding how to talk in generalities is a sign of a person who can think. It is part of the liberal religion that you treat everyone and everything as an "individual."

Because of this, they miss all kinds of common sense things. From the damage of unwed mothers to the violence of islam. Because they know an "exception to the rule" they want to throw out the rule.

But they really hate it when you group liberals. It is easy to group what liberals believe. Rush has pointed it out for 30 years now. What liberals cannot take is pointing out the failures of these ideas. So much so that they changed their moniker to "progressive."
RS
RS
December 28th, 2017 at 11:21:00 AM permalink

But real buying power isn't fair. And that matters. If healthcare costs 20 percent of your paycheck, what percentage does Warren Buffet pay for his?

In a tiered system, 40%.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 28th, 2017 at 11:27:46 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Rasmussen Poll shows Trump at 46% APPROVE this morning, with 53% DISAPPROVE

What about Obama at same exact date first year in presidency?? 46% APPROVE, 53% DISAPPROVE!

Amazing when you consider the fawning press Obama had vs. the hit machine they have been to Trump.
MaxPen
MaxPen
December 28th, 2017 at 11:37:23 AM permalink
Not to mention the bias of the polling companies. Just like the election polls add 6-10% depending on what outfit is conducting the poll.
ams288
ams288
December 28th, 2017 at 2:02:26 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Rasmussen Poll

LOL

I thought polls didn't matter, EB?

Why do you always have to cherry pick Rasmussen?
ams288
ams288
December 28th, 2017 at 2:04:45 PM permalink
Donald is set to have his annual physical on Jan. 12, done by military physician Dr. Jackson.

The WH promises a readout of the results.

In 2016, Dr. Jackson's readout of Obama's physical included his weight, BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose & PSA levels.

Who wants to bet we aren't getting that info about Donald's fat old ass in the "readout?"
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
December 28th, 2017 at 2:10:43 PM permalink

Donald is set to have his annual physical on Jan. 12, done by military physician Dr. Jackson.

The WH promises a readout of the results.

In 2016, Dr. Jackson's readout of Obama's physical included his weight, BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose & PSA levels.

Who wants to bet we aren't getting that info about Donald's fat old ass in the "readout?"

Nor of his fitness for military service. Hope his poorly feet don't preclude his being commander in chief.
Scratch that: It would be a beautiful irony.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
rsactuary
rsactuary
December 28th, 2017 at 9:40:46 PM permalink
Trump tells NYT that Mueller will be fair. You heard it hear first, folks.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/28/politics/trump-russia-investigation-mueller-fair-nyt/index.html
MaxPen
MaxPen
December 28th, 2017 at 9:58:34 PM permalink

Trump tells NYT that Mueller will be fair. You heard it hear first, folks.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/28/politics/trump-russia-investigation-mueller-fair-nyt/index.html

When you have nothing to hide you don't have to Fire people, hold secret meetings on tarmacs, order assassinations, and other such sordid activities.

Things are getting a lot better now that the Kenyan Picpocket'r is gone.
rsactuary
rsactuary
Thanked by
ams288
December 28th, 2017 at 10:03:07 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

When you have nothing to hide you don't have to Fire people

Funny you should say that..... cough.. James Comey, Michael Flynn.. cough.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 28th, 2017 at 10:06:29 PM permalink

Trump tells NYT that Mueller will be fair.

This means Trump somehow has learned
Mueller has nothing on him. We know
Trump enough now that he would be
out with guns blazing if there was even
a hint of him being in trouble.
MaxPen
MaxPen
December 28th, 2017 at 10:07:17 PM permalink

Funny you should say that..... cough.. James Comey, Michael Flynn.. cough.

They weren't investigating him. They weren't doing their jobs proficiently.

#MAGA
ams288
ams288
December 29th, 2017 at 5:22:32 AM permalink
This is code from donaldjtrump.com for when you get an internal error:

Maybe this is why they used a box truck to try to block the media from getting shots of Donald's three golf outings this week??

Once again: "#MAGA" = "I got conned!"
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
December 29th, 2017 at 7:55:28 AM permalink

This is code from donaldjtrump.com for when you get an internal error:

Maybe this is why they used a box truck to try to block the media from getting shots of Donald's three golf outings this week??

Once again: "#MAGA" = "I got conned!"

LMAO that code doesn’t even work, it would never show the error. It should be errorCode == ‘500’. They can’t even blame Obama for their own mistakes without making a mistake.
Last edited by: gamerfreak on Dec 29, 2017
ams288
ams288
December 29th, 2017 at 8:26:46 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

LMAO that code doesn’t even work, it would never show the error. It should be errorCode == ‘404’. They can’t even blame Obama for their own mistakes without making a mistake.

There is truly nothing this man can't fail at...
MaxPen
MaxPen
Thanked by
RS
December 29th, 2017 at 9:08:56 AM permalink

If you define him as a failure you must really hate yourself.
ams288
ams288
December 29th, 2017 at 9:55:52 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

If you define him as a failure you must really hate yourself.

Nonsense.
RS
RS
December 29th, 2017 at 10:13:54 AM permalink

What, do you really think Trump is the one writing code? If he was, that's actually quite impressive given how already well rounded he is and his age.

Nonsense.

First step is denial.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
RSMaxPen
December 29th, 2017 at 10:33:35 AM permalink

He obviously failed at ruining the economy his first year.......
He failed at keeping Al Franken in office.....
He failed at getting a tax bill passed.....
He failed at keeping his promise to move Israeli Tel-Aviv-Jerusalem....

Summary.... He has not done all he wanted, of course, but he has done a lot. It depends from which side you are looking at him if you see it as a success or failure.

(The Al Franken quip makes me feel good. I know Trump had nothing DIRECTLY to do with it. But Trump's lecherous behavior has opened that trap door that a lot are falling through). It is really amazing that the two worst examples who seem to be getting off scot-free are two Presidents, WJC and DJT!
ams288
ams288
December 29th, 2017 at 10:35:15 AM permalink
Quote: RS

What, do you really think Trump is the one writing code?

Doesn't he always say he only has the "best" people work for him?

And he can't even get a programmer who knows how to code an error message properly?
ams288
ams288
December 29th, 2017 at 10:37:29 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

He obviously failed at ruining the economy his first year.......

Riding Obama's coattails...

Quote:

He failed at keeping Al Franken in office.....

???

Quote:

He failed at getting a tax bill passed.....

A tax bill that the majority of the country hates and will cost the GOP dearly in 2018.

Quote:

He failed at keeping his promise to move Israeli Tel-Aviv-Jerusalem....

I couldn't care less about this one, and I suspect most Trumpsters couldn't either...
RS
RS
December 29th, 2017 at 11:13:54 AM permalink

Doesn't he always say he only has the "best" people work for him?

And he can't even get a programmer who knows how to code an error message properly?

inb4 he hired Russians to write the code for his website.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
December 29th, 2017 at 11:16:50 AM permalink
Quote: RS

inb4 he hired Russians to write the code for his website.

I think the Russian's would have gotten it right.

'=' vs '==' is like day one of programming right after "Hello World"
rxwine
rxwine
December 29th, 2017 at 12:13:51 PM permalink
Maybe the code was right and Donald "corrected" it. I forgot his latest claim. He has 19 claims that he knows more about something than anyone else. So, why not coding.
  • Jump to: