Thread Rating:

Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
February 16th, 2018 at 9:58:48 AM permalink
Quote: RS

I don't think "mass murderers will be mass murderers". There's clearly something that triggers that to happen. However, if you think murderers will be murderers, then it doesn't matter if we ban guns or not.

I have. I've just never heard "people without guns don't kill people". Surely you're aware there are other ways to kill people, right?

I mis-spoke. people without guns don't kill people with guns.

So we have several failures -
people get mental illnesses and want to kill people
we can't keep the guns out of the hands of people with mental illnesses
we can't prevent people from getting mental illnesses
we can't keep the guns out of the hands of people who might get a mental illness, or remove the guns from people who have developed a mental illness.

I don't want more laws making more things illegal. I want more actions to get guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them, and keep them from them. Those actions will inconvenience everyone else.

so, what do you do? let people keep killing people until you can deal with mental illness, or prevent people who shouldn't have guns from getting guns? Doing the 2nd one first will save lives.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
February 16th, 2018 at 11:04:48 AM permalink
Wow
13 Russians indicted
Trumps boss, Putin, is going to be furious
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
February 16th, 2018 at 11:41:23 AM permalink
You know.. it's been awhile since the Trumpians have used the term "nothingburger", and now it can't ever be used again. Putin is going to want Trump to get these Russians out from under the charges or else he'll drop whatever he's holding over his head. Can't wait to see this play out.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
February 16th, 2018 at 11:46:20 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

You know.. it's been awhile since the Trumpians have used the term "nothingburger", and now it can't ever be used again. Putin is going to want Trump to get these Russians out from under the charges or else he'll drop whatever he's holding over his head. Can't wait to see this play out.

Though that is possible, I wouldn't bet the house on Putin going out of his way for anyone who is not him. He seems to be a guy who can squash people as easily as he hired them. Same as Trump, actually.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
February 16th, 2018 at 12:03:17 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Wow
13 Russians indicted
Trumps boss, Putin, is going to be furious

Mueller is putting Trump on notice: It's not a witch hunt. The Russians interfered. And they're going to try again.

The actual indictment is devastating for those who stupidly try to spin the facts around and claim that the Russians were trying to help Hillary win. It goes into great detail showing what the Russian trolls did to support Trump and depress turnout for Hillary.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
February 16th, 2018 at 12:23:35 PM permalink
Quote: Indictment

"Defendant ORGANIZATION had a strategic goal to sow discord in the U.S. political system, including the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Defendants posted derogatory information about a number of candidates, and by early to mid-2016, Defendants' operations included supporting the presidential campaign of then-candidate Donald J. Trump ("Trump Campaign") and disparaging Hillary Clinton. Defendants made various expenditures to carry out those activities, including buying political advertisements on social media in the names of U.S. persons and entities. Defendants also staged political rallies inside the United States, and while posing as U.S. grassroots entities and U.S. persons, and without revealing their Russian identities and ORGANIZATION affiliation, solicited and compensated real U.S. persons to promote or disparage candidates. Some Defendants, posing as U.S. persons and without revealing their Russian association, communicated with unwitting individuals associated with the Trump Campaign and with other political activists to seek to coordinate political activities.

The last sentence is interesting. I am sure Trump will quote the last sentence and say "no collusion!". Unwitting, absolutely!!! But no collusion.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
February 16th, 2018 at 12:40:17 PM permalink
The FBI just admitted they received a tip on January 5th that Cruz 'wanted to kill people' and there was 'potential of him conducting a school shooting'.

FOX

The information was not passed on to the FBI Miami Field office and 'no further investigation was conducted at this time'.

Christopher Wray should explain why to the families of seventeen who were killed. Then resign.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
February 16th, 2018 at 12:57:04 PM permalink
Yeah, it appears that the FBI dropped the ball.
Steverinos
Steverinos
February 16th, 2018 at 12:57:45 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Quote: Indictment

"Defendant ORGANIZATION had a strategic goal to sow discord in the U.S. political system, including the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Defendants posted derogatory information about a number of candidates, and by early to mid-2016, Defendants' operations included supporting the presidential campaign of then-candidate Donald J. Trump ("Trump Campaign") and disparaging Hillary Clinton. Defendants made various expenditures to carry out those activities, including buying political advertisements on social media in the names of U.S. persons and entities. Defendants also staged political rallies inside the United States, and while posing as U.S. grassroots entities and U.S. persons, and without revealing their Russian identities and ORGANIZATION affiliation, solicited and compensated real U.S. persons to promote or disparage candidates. Some Defendants, posing as U.S. persons and without revealing their Russian association, communicated with unwitting individuals associated with the Trump Campaign and with other political activists to seek to coordinate political activities.

The last sentence is interesting. I am sure Trump will quote the last sentence and say "no collusion!". Unwitting, absolutely!!! But no collusion.

Unwitting = incompetent
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
ams288
February 16th, 2018 at 1:34:11 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Mueller is putting Trump on notice: It's not a witch hunt. The Russians interfered. And they're going to try again.

The actual indictment is devastating for those who stupidly try to spin the facts around and claim that the Russians were trying to help Hillary win. It goes into great detail showing what the Russian trolls did to support Trump and depress turnout for Hillary.

Keep on grasping at straws. Classic.
ams288
ams288
February 16th, 2018 at 2:09:50 PM permalink
Speaking of grasping for straws:

LOL
Steverinos
Steverinos
February 16th, 2018 at 2:41:57 PM permalink
I think the indictments are good news for Trump in that they seem to show that there was no intentional collusion with Russia. His campaign was "unwitting" on who they were meeting with, which does promote incompetence on their part. But it is very clear that they DID impact the election and that should worry and piss us off. It appears as though they were taking an "anybody but Hillary" approach to their meddling. This begs the question: why were they so damn afraid of an HRC presidency? Why were they doing everything they could to smear her and elect Trump?

As an American, if Russia is doing everything in their power to elect one candidate, that means something. It's too bad that BOTH parties do not share the same level of concern about a foreign power interfering in this way.

Reagan is rolling over today. The GOP is Trump's party now. Scary.

This isn't over though. Plenty more to come. We'll see.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
February 16th, 2018 at 3:53:00 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

This begs the question: why were they so damn afraid of an HRC presidency?

It raises* the question.

And is that sarcasm? Why be afraid of an HRC presidency? Lulz
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
RS
February 16th, 2018 at 4:31:52 PM permalink
Quote: RS

It raises* the question.

And is that sarcasm? Why be afraid of an HRC presidency? Lulz

Yes, you are right. Raises the question was the phrase I was looking for. Thanks.

Have a good weekend.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
Thanked by
petroglyph
February 16th, 2018 at 5:11:19 PM permalink

As an American, if Russia is doing everything in their power to elect one candidate, that means something. It's too bad that BOTH parties do not share the same level of concern about a foreign power interfering in this way.

Which international election do you think the US does not try to influence the outcome? Why is everyone surprised a foreign entity is trying to interfere in ours?
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
Romes
February 16th, 2018 at 6:42:05 PM permalink
NO COLLUSION

rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
gamerfreak
February 16th, 2018 at 8:07:42 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Which international election do you think the US does not try to influence the outcome? Why is everyone surprised a foreign entity is trying to interfere in ours?

I assume you're old enough to remember, oh about 1996 and earlier.

The internet/cell phones/ 24 hour news has provided so many ways to push in information from just about anywhere. If you consider hacking, it's as if fingers are reaching into our infrastructure. It was never like this before. Not that I can remember.

The first ten years, I think people were pretty clueless including our enemies. But now there are armies on the web. Millions of bots. Viruses.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
February 17th, 2018 at 1:24:34 AM permalink

Ronan Farrow strikes again.

Donald Trump, a Playboy Model, and a System for Concealing Infidelity

There's nothing illegal here (besides Trump offering women money for sex, I guess).

More meaning to the saying that," you don't pay them for sex, you pay them to leave."
boymimbo
boymimbo
February 17th, 2018 at 1:38:47 AM permalink

I agree with you that with the exception of pretty much all democracies, the US does attempt to influence the outcome of elections. For example, Canada, pretty much all of Europe, China (it can't influence), Japan, etc. The US on the other hand probably gets heavily involved in elections it cares about: any middle eastern country, probably most African Nations, and Latin America.

I also think, however, that the level of infiltration that the Russians were able to achieve (and still are able to achieve) is astounding.

The problem, of course, is that Trump didn't believe it until about 10:30am this morning when he was forced to. When you have a commander-in-chief in such heavy denial about what is completely obvious (and his followers on this forum too, for that matter, who deflect and deny), it is troublesome in the outside, suspicious in the inside, and possibilities of collusion abounding. How can a leader be so at odds with his own intelligence community.

The answer is easy when his intelligence community consists of Sean Hannity, Fox and Friends, and Alex Jones. The fact is that this was not "somebody sitting on their bed who weighs 400 pounds". It might have been the one with multiple covered up affairs weighing a svelte 239 pounds.
Tanko
Tanko
February 17th, 2018 at 2:05:11 AM permalink

This begs the question: why were they so damn afraid of an HRC presidency?

The Russians never feared Hillary. She was so good to them, they paid Bill $500,000 for a speech and donated $145 million to the Clinton Foundation. Probably the only charitable donation they ever made in their entire history.

Newsweek

They preferred Trump, because during his campaign Trump called for better relations with Russia, and criticized NATO, threatening not to defend Baltic States who were not paying their share of NATO expenses. That would destroy NATO, which is just what the Russians were hoping for.

NYT

Something was obviously lost in their translation of his book.

NATO Allies Boost Spending
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
February 17th, 2018 at 4:46:13 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

The Russians never feared Hillary. She was so good to them, they paid Bill $500,000 for a speech and donated $145 million to the Clinton Foundation. Probably the only charitable donation they ever made in their entire history.

Newsweek

They preferred Trump, because during his campaign Trump called for better relations with Russia, and criticized NATO, threatening not to defend Baltic States who were not paying their share of NATO expenses. That would destroy NATO, which is just what the Russians were hoping for.

NYT

Something was obviously lost in their translation of his book.

NATO Allies Boost Spending

Bottom line
Totally sucks Putin has a President in his pocket
Its so obvious with Trump a total whiney wimp when it comes to Russia
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
Thanked by
ams288
February 17th, 2018 at 7:22:57 AM permalink
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/02/17/mueller-names-social-media-accounts-in-indictment-here-are-the-tweets/23364160/

Interesting article citing tweet evidence from the identified russian troll farms

Also ends with a link to spreadsheets of all the thousands of collected tweets cross-referenced so evidence can be fully viewed

Funny but a lot of stuff sounds similar to many trumpers on here so either

A) it worked and changed the election

B) some people on here are working for the ruskies

At any rate the russians definitely achieved MAXimum PENetration with their propaganda
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
Thanked by
SOOPOO
February 17th, 2018 at 8:18:45 AM permalink
Why does it matter who is trying to influence an election? Weren't plenty of Americans tweeting the same insane things?
ams288
ams288
February 17th, 2018 at 8:55:59 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

At any rate the russians definitely achieved MAXimum PENetration with their propaganda

Good one.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go read up on some Huma Abedin conspiracy theories.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
February 17th, 2018 at 9:28:21 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Why does it matter who is trying to influence an election? Weren't plenty of Americans tweeting the same insane things?

I think most of the people who did that aren't smart enough to think for themselves, and just believed everything they read without researching whether it was true or not. Most of those people still haven't figured it out.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
February 17th, 2018 at 9:37:59 AM permalink
Stormy Daniels ... Karen McDougal ...

C'mon Melania, pull the plug and divorce the plilanderer in chief.

Her acceptance and acquiescence makes her look like a weak, spineless piece of burnt toast.
"What, me worry?"
rxwine
rxwine
February 17th, 2018 at 10:19:53 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Her acceptance and acquiescence makes her look like a weak, spineless piece of burnt toast.

Assuming something like that is going on, there'd probably be scads of power players telling her what would be best. Or whether it would be good at all. Or not to do it. Or take a payoff. Or even not to believe what she's heard.
boymimbo
boymimbo
February 17th, 2018 at 10:38:54 AM permalink

The Newsweek article then goes on to quote that most of that money was received before and during the 2008 Hillary run and that high ranking officials usually don't even look at business dealings, and concludes that there was no proof of influence.

So much so that they orchestrated an entire shadow campaign designed to help him win, with rallies, online support, and an entire fake news service designed to discredit Hillary and promote Trump. It worked, and it's likely the best ROI that the Russians have ever made in their entire history.
boymimbo
boymimbo
Thanked by
OnceDear
February 17th, 2018 at 11:01:44 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

I think most of the people who did that aren't smart enough to think for themselves, and just believed everything they read without researching whether it was true or not. Most of those people still haven't figured it out.

Exactly. There is a reason why WaPO, NYT and the major networks still dominate the news. Their news departments do research, attempt to remain as truthful as possible, and people do get fired for passing off news as fiction at these organizations. It happened to Rather, and it's happened to journalists at both of the news organizations mentioned. None of the major NYT and WaPO stories published have been shown to be false. In fact, the news outlet of FoxNews is pretty good too, and it's worth a read to get a different, yet not complete, point of view.

That said, even when I may read something off of those sources, I still look at the background information for truth. I never take what I see on Facebook for truth, and my relatives and friends constantly get chided for posting fake stories about things like "Swiffer kills pets", "Call this number to get your name on a do-not-call list", and several memes around gun violence, politics in Canada, and so on.

For example, there was a good story on CBC about the ACLU supporting Trump's dismantling of an Obama gun law taking guns away from people who were mentally challenged who signed POAs. ACLU backed that action by Trump because there is no correlation between the ability to take care of one's finances and the ability to own and carry arms. Made me think about my statement that guns should be taken away from people with mental health issues, but came to the conclusion that if you are depressed you are much more likely to consider suicide; if you are bipolar or schizophrenic you have a much higher likelihood of attempting suicide or taking out your violence on a population... the question is should those markedly higher rates of self-violence and violence against others remove their right to own arms? These are thought processes that I go through.

It's also why I don't think Trump himself was guilty of collusion - he's just not capable of it (his campaign, on the other hand, quite capable of it).

It becomes clear to be as I get older and wiser that the power of analytical reasoning is just missing from many people. When you start to trust news sources like Alex Jones, cnsnews, wnd, and the blowhards that make up the evening lineup at FoxNews and conservative radio, etc, you can build a reality around you that borders on the delusional. I say border, because I know what living with a person who is actually delusional is like -- you don't want that.

All I can say to the people who post fakery on here is to go out there with an open mind and learn. You will find that issues are extremely complex and require great thought to think through. There is very little that is simply black and white.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
February 17th, 2018 at 12:33:31 PM permalink

Agree...she is starting to look a lot like Hillary at this point...what's next, Melania you gonna to run for POTUS?
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
February 17th, 2018 at 12:38:04 PM permalink

All I can say to the people who post fakery on here is to go out there with an open mind and learn. You will find that issues are extremely complex and require great thought to think through. There is very little that is simply black and white.

In case I haven't said it eight times already, it's a bloody pleasure having you back posting regularly.

End of transmission.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
February 17th, 2018 at 1:04:43 PM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

Agree...she is starting to look a lot like Hillary at this point...what's next, Melania you gonna to run for POTUS?

Contrary to whatever opinion any of us have, neither Hillary or Melania have any obligation to do anything in particular in regard to their spouses cheating.
MrV
MrV
February 17th, 2018 at 2:06:28 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Contrary to whatever opinion any of us have, neither Hillary or Melania have any obligation to do anything in particular in regard to their spouses cheating.

Really?

Men when cuckolded "wear the horns."

What should Hillary and Melania festoon themselves with?

Other than millions and millions of dollars of hush money, of course.

A woman who accepts a philandering spouse deserves to be scorned and scoffed at as much as the cheater.

Hello, integrity.
"What, me worry?"
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
February 17th, 2018 at 3:02:23 PM permalink

Really?

A woman who accepts a philandering spouse deserves to be scorned and scoffed at as much as the cheater.

Hello, integrity.

Gotta disagree. You're trying to back both of them into a no-win corner on that. Either the husband cheats, or he doesn't. No marriage is joined at the hip. And, last I heard, you marry a man as he is, not in order to try and change him.

Melania has plenty of responsibility in this, but in a different way than you're describing . She was "with" him openly while he was married to #2, who openly cheated with him on #1, probably while Melania was still in diapers. Along with who knows what other women along the way, but the media was full of them for 30 years. She knew what she was marrying, and apparently it was acceptable to her, so why would she not expect the same treatment? Leopards and spots....

She might even prefer he go elsewhere, as long as she gets whatever she married him for. Not enough money in this world for me to take up with him, but that's me. I do expect more of the First Couple, though, but disappointment in many areas of that, before this ever came up.

But back to the point of the spouse being a cuckold. That's not on the spouse. They married an adult, who took vows. The question of integrity lies with the oathbreaker, not the other party.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MrV
MrV
February 17th, 2018 at 3:18:58 PM permalink
Melania by report is quite intelligent and no shrinking violet.

It may be she has an "open marriage" with Herr Trump, in which case it's just more monkey business as usual.

Were this the case, it would be nice if the American people were informed of the fact.

I hope she's getting some as well: be funny to watch the orange baboon tweet in anger if he finds out she's been banging a back door man for some time now.

But the orange oaf is clearly an embarrassment to all Americans.
"What, me worry?"
boymimbo
boymimbo
February 17th, 2018 at 4:45:13 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Gotta disagree. You're trying to back both of them into a no-win corner on that. Either the husband cheats, or he doesn't. No marriage is joined at the hip. And, last I heard, you marry a man as he is, not in order to try and change him.

Women make that mistake all of the time, as do men. It takes time to realize that the ways that you end up changing your spouse is more reflective on your actions, not your words.

Quote: BBB

Melania has plenty of responsibility in this, but in a different way than you're describing . She was "with" him openly while he was married to #2, who openly cheated with him on #1, probably while Melania was still in diapers.

If you end up meeting your spouse via a cheat, then odds are that your spouse will eventually cheat on you - there is no reason for that behavior to change unless the cheating party makes a marked self-effort to change.

Quote: BBB

But back to the point of the spouse being a cuckold. That's not on the spouse. They married an adult, who took vows. The question of integrity lies with the oathbreaker, not the other party.

Of course. Melania and Hillary's reaction and response will have both a public and private component, depending on their situation. But spouses everywhere in all walks in wife have to deal with infidelity, abuse, addictions, inlaws, sickness and things that make marriage seem intolerable from time-to-time, especially as an outsider looking in. My take is that it takes alot of bravery and love to try to tackle these things head on with the spouse and figure out if there is a solution where you can move forward together. Marriage is not a joke. And we don't know if Hillary and Melania are perfect humans, either.
Tanko
Tanko
February 18th, 2018 at 3:53:31 AM permalink

Exactly. There is a reason why WaPO, NYT and the major networks still dominate the news. Their news departments do research, attempt to remain as truthful as possible, and people do get fired for passing off news as fiction at these organizations. It happened to Rather, and it's happened to journalists at both of the news organizations mentioned. None of the major NYT and WaPO stories published have been shown to be false.

CBS fired the father of fake news, Dan Rather, because they had no way to defend him against fabricated physical evidence.

ABC only suspended Brian Ross after his blatant lie about Trump caused the Dow to drop more than 350 points.

Who has the NYT or WAPO fired?

WAPO placed Janell Ross on leave months after the Washington Free Beacon reported she spoke at a gathering of liberal activists that included George Soros. Up to that point they were presenting her as an objective journalist, but her cover was blown.

The NYT and WAPO have a history of using unnamed sources. Do you call that good journalism? It’s all hearsay, and much of it is either wrong or a flat out lie.

“The Washington Post isn’t in the news business. After its takeover by Amazon Boss Jeff Bezos, it’s in the business of manufacturing viral Trump hit pieces.”-Dan Greenfield

WAPO's Josh Rogin BS

WAPO and CNN BS

More WAPO BS

WAPO report on NYT BS

WAPO's Phony Fact Checker
darkoz
darkoz
February 18th, 2018 at 4:55:11 AM permalink

CBS fired the father of fake news, Dan Rather, because they had no way to defend him against fabricated physical evidence.

ABC only suspended Brian Ross after his blatant lie about Trump caused the Dow to drop more than 350 points.

Who has the NYT or WAPO fired?

WAPO placed Janell Ross on leave months after the Washington Free Beacon reported she spoke at a gathering of liberal activists that included George Soros. Up to that point they were presenting her as an objective journalist, but her cover was blown.

The NYT and WAPO have a history of using unnamed sources. Do you call that good journalism? It’s all hearsay, and much of it is either wrong or a flat out lie.

“The Washington Post isn’t in the news business. After its takeover by Amazon Boss Jeff Bezos, it’s in the business of manufacturing viral Trump hit pieces.”-Dan Greenfield

WAPO's Josh Rogin BS

WAPO and CNN BS

More WAPO BS

WAPO report on NYT BS

WAPO's Phony Fact Checker

Haha. Quoting a website named "truthreversal" should tell you something

Definition of reverse of truth = lies

PT Barnum was right. People dont understand what they read. Ten cents for the Egress anyone?
rxwine
rxwine
February 18th, 2018 at 6:54:20 AM permalink

Really?

Hello, integrity.

Other than what BBB said, I can't add much except, I can't really begin to question integrity until you know that the marriage agreement is, or perhaps what it morphed into.

She could just be upset (if she is upset) because he promised the newer affairs were taken care of and wouldn't come out and embarrass her publically.

Of course that would be a giant hard to keep promise considering Donald's current profile, but perhaps no promise is too hard to make for him.
Tanko
Tanko
February 18th, 2018 at 7:39:44 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Haha. Quoting a website named "truthreversal" should tell you something

So, that’s it.

Not from one of the usual cretin approved news for dummies sources, so it must be dismissed.

Every one of those articles contains a link to, or the actual fake news quotes they are discussing.

Those are Rogin’s quotes, not Nolte’s.

Mollie Hemingway’s article includes dates, journalist name and actual quote for every fake news piece she mentions.

That article about the New York Times problems using anonymous sources was written by the Washington Post.

Every story mentioned by Greenfield can be searched.

According to the WAPO, Rod Rosenstein threatened to resign over the Comey firing.

Rosenstein: Not quitting. Never threatened to resign.

Then, there’s the Comey memo that only anonymous sources have supposedly read. The NYT reported the memo says Trump asked Comey to end the Flynn investigation.

Comey’ response under oath? "It’s not happened in my experience.”
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
February 18th, 2018 at 7:58:00 AM permalink

The last famous weak, famous spineless piece of burnt toast almost became President!

Edit---- I see many already addressed this. I do not believe HRC is spineless. I believe she was cold and calculating. She correctly determined that accepting WJC's philandering would help her career. I believe that divorcing him would have effectively ended her career.
Melania's motivations now are to protect her child. I also don't think she is spineless.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
February 18th, 2018 at 9:47:42 AM permalink
Dominique Mosbergen
,HuffPost•February 17, 2018

Following Wednesday’s shooting massacre at a Florida high school, a top Republican political donor has taken a stand for gun control ¯ by tightening his purse strings.
Businessman Al Hoffman Jr. told the New York Times that he “will not write another check” for candidates and political groups that don’t support a ban on assault weapons. The Florida-based former ambassador to Portugal has donated millions to GOP candidates and political groups over the years, reported the paper.
“For how many years now have we been doing this — having these experiences of terrorism, mass killings — and how many years has it been that nothing’s been done?” said the 83-year-old, who announced his decision in an email to several Republican leaders, including Florida Gov. Rick Scott and former Gov. Jeb Bush. “It’s the end of the road for me.”

Sad as it is, this is the way to get change. Hopefully, he convinces a dozen of his closest friends, and they move it forward.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
boymimbo
boymimbo
February 18th, 2018 at 10:13:34 AM permalink

Fired....

Exactly. They were fired or put on leave for lying. I am not saying that these sourced are not biased. They are. But the negative stories that they have published against the Trump adminstration have not been false, which is why Trump took great measures to complain about and cover up leaks in the Executive Branch.

Remember that it was Deep Throat who exposed Watergate. Unnamed sources are a hallmark of freedom of the press and the fifth estate. It also allows WND, CNS, FoxNews, and all of the supermarket tabloids, to exist. It's excellent journalism if it is factchecked and true. Most of what WaPO and NYT publishes has not been proven false.

The Washington Post isn’t in the news business. After its takeover by Amazon Boss Jeff Bezos, it’s in the business of manufacturing viral Trump hit pieces.”-Dan Greenfield

And Breitbart is? And FoxNews is? It's well documented that the editorial and news cycle at Fox were dictated by one man, as was Brietbart. The most cynical view of Bezos owning WaPO is that it is likely for the purpose, if anything, of wooing politicians on either stripe to do Amazon-friendly activities. WaPO has always been liberal, well before Bezos took it over. We will see where Amazon II lands but alot of people are betting on the DC area for that reason as well.
boymimbo
boymimbo
February 18th, 2018 at 10:17:00 AM permalink

The last famous weak, famous spineless piece of burnt toast almost became President!

Edit---- I see many already addressed this. I do not believe HRC is spineless. I believe she was cold and calculating. She correctly determined that accepting WJC's philandering would help her career. I believe that divorcing him would have effectively ended her career.
Melania's motivations now are to protect her child. I also don't think she is spineless.

I don't think Melania will leave Donald. At the age of 74, marriage is more of a matter of convenience than it is of sex. (heck you could probably say that after the first month of marriage). After being together for a certain length of time, you either accept your mate for who he/she is or get out and lose 1/2 of what you own and 1/2 of what you earn.
boymimbo
boymimbo
February 18th, 2018 at 10:32:47 AM permalink

So, that’s it....

You should read your own damned sources:

Quote: NPR

Same link as Tanko, READ IT
But there's more context. Here is the full exchange from the Judiciary Committee hearing, when Comey was being questioned by Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii.

HIRONO: So if the attorney general or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

COMEY: In theory, yes.

HIRONO: Has it happened?

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that — without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that "we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it." But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

Hirono's question was very specific — referring to "the attorney general or senior officials at the Department of Justice" — and not the president.

And people tell the truth all of the time!

Quote: William Jefferson Clinton

I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.

Quote: Richard Nixon

I am not a crook

Quote: 90% of convicted murderers

Not Guilty

Quote: Donald's Trump Twitter account

You decide.

Just because Rosenstein said something on the record doesn't make it true. They have their own reputations to protect. Everyone lies. Even me.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
February 18th, 2018 at 12:02:30 PM permalink

I do not believe HRC is spineless. I believe she was cold and calculating. She correctly determined that accepting WJC's philandering would help her career. I believe that divorcing him would have effectively ended her career.

She had no career without him. In 2008 her whole message amounted to "I was married to Bill!" She passed time at everything she was handed, never really accomplishing much of note. But I think lots of women put up with different things men will do in exchange for something. When I was on jury duty, the woman married a guy who worked for a local and good university. She had 5 or 6 kids. So she snags him, and all the kids go for free!

Happens all the time.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
February 18th, 2018 at 12:25:16 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

She had no career without him. In 2008 her whole message amounted to "I was married to Bill!" She passed time at everything she was handed, never really accomplishing much of note. But I think lots of women put up with different things men will do in exchange for something. When I was on jury duty, the woman married a guy who worked for a local and good university. She had 5 or 6 kids. So she snags him, and all the kids go for free!

Happens all the time.

Did you actually pay attention to the trial itself while you were preoccupied with women marrying professors as a master plan for their future offsprings free education
boymimbo
boymimbo
Thanked by
darkoz
February 18th, 2018 at 1:47:30 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Happens all the time.

Yes, women and men each marry each other all of the time and get the benefits of what each other has to offer. In my case, the major benefit will be a green card. In her case, it will be a husband with a steady job and income. Of course, there's companionship, sex, love, shared chores, and all of those other benefits too. As Hillary said in her book: "I know some people wonder why we're still together. I heard it again on the 2016 campaign: that 'we must have an arrangement' (we do, it's called marriage)"
ams288
ams288
February 19th, 2018 at 7:53:11 AM permalink
The Orange Ass is golfing today.

Must've been tough for him, being at Mar a Lago for three whole days and not golfing out of respect for the young victims of the school shooting.

Thank god that's over!
darkoz
darkoz
February 19th, 2018 at 8:34:44 AM permalink

The Orange Ass is golfing today.

Must've been tough for him, being at Mar a Lago for three whole days and not golfing out of respect for the young victims of the school shooting.

Thank god that's over!

He also tweeted a bunch of anti-oprah sentiments. Looks like he knows who is beating him in 2020
  • Jump to: