onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
June 3rd, 2017 at 12:17:34 AM permalink
Water decomposes things pretty prettay good as well. Dont need coke. Remember the smiley face murders.
I am a robot.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
June 3rd, 2017 at 12:22:59 AM permalink
yesterday i was at an asian store near me. they had a nice cut of shark steak at reasonable pricing. as well as pigs ears. and yes their special cuts of goat were tempting. not to me but surely to some. and if anyone is wondering the goat was labeled as being halal.
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Jun 3, 2017
Please don't feed the trolls
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
June 3rd, 2017 at 7:35:41 AM permalink
question for you guys who like steak and other meat. if you freeze the meat and then thaw it and cook it, how do you think that compares with cooking fresh meat? do you think there's a big difference? or not much difference?
Please don't feed the trolls
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
June 3rd, 2017 at 8:02:32 AM permalink
Ingesting crappy food is HUGE - EV. Eat crappy food now, pay for it later. There's a number of APs who have gotten seriously ill. Meat isn't for everyone. One man's food is another man's poison. Those of us who are of European descent (especially northern) seem to do better with meat than others may. The problem is finding high quality meat with good omega 3s.

If you're near the west coast, Bentlyranch.com is a great source of beef and the prices include shipping. On the east coast, there's similar ranches that do things the right way.

Btw, If you're on a food budget in Vegas, you can always bring a hot plate. I haven't been caught yet. Sprouts grocery store is kinda far from strip but worth it imo.
100% risk of ruin
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 3rd, 2017 at 8:20:21 AM permalink
Its muriatic acid, not muratic acid. Its just concentrated hydrochloric acid.

Re: dead hookers. You need to treat the flesh and the skeleton with different substances and it takes time.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
June 3rd, 2017 at 8:40:57 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Its muriatic acid, not muratic acid. Its just concentrated hydrochloric acid.

Re: dead hookers. You need to treat the flesh and the skeleton with different substances and it takes time.

whoops typo...

I use it in my pool all the time to lower the pH. I've splashed it on myself several times, and it doesn't burn as long as you wash it off right away. One time I let it go for more than a few seconds and it left some marks on my skin that kinda looked like bug bites.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
June 14th, 2017 at 10:35:48 AM permalink
I cooked my $1 ribeyes for breakfast with some eggs. Pepper on both sides, skipped the salt as I figured they've already been pumped up with a brine solution. Cooked them in a hot pan with some olive oil, about a minute on each side.

Not great, but a little better than I expected. It was super tender presumably because they're 30% water, but they didn't shrink nearly as much as I expected. Really not all that bad with eggs for breakfast. I might purchase again if it wasn't for that sketchy "further processed in mexico" label.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
June 14th, 2017 at 11:26:34 AM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Ingesting crappy food is HUGE - EV. Eat crappy food now, pay for it later. There's a number of APs who have gotten seriously ill. Meat isn't for everyone. One man's food is another man's poison

After reading the other day dogs can get sick just by changing their diet to something they're not used to -- wonder if it applies to humans? Could be in some cases, I suppose.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
June 14th, 2017 at 11:50:58 AM permalink
It occurred to me the other day these cheap rib eyes are really not rib eyes. I joked about it being dog meat, but what they might actually be is manufactured meat. There is a pig enzyme companies were selling restaurants that basically liquefies meat, then it can be molded into shape. They would have to DNA test the meat to find out, nobody but government could afford that.
I am a robot.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
June 14th, 2017 at 11:55:15 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

It occurred to me the other day these cheap rib eyes are really not rib eyes. I joked about it being dog meat, but what they might actually be is manufactured meat. There is a pig enzyme companies were selling restaurants that basically liquefies meat, then it can be molded into shape. They would have to DNA test the meat to find out, nobody but government could afford that.

I think they are just highly processed cuts. The package even states 30% water/additives. For a 3.5oz package, I imagine your getting around 1oz red meat after subtracting the fatty bits. $1/oz is about right for most cuts. I think it's more of a marketing scheme rather than fraken-meat.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
June 14th, 2017 at 11:57:15 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I think they are just highly processed cuts. The package even states 30% water/additives. For a 3.5oz package, I imagine your getting around 1oz red meat after subtracting the fatty bits. $1/oz is about right for most cuts. I think it's more of a marketing scheme rather than fraken-meat.

Probably
I am a robot.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
June 14th, 2017 at 12:23:43 PM permalink
Remember the three quarters of a pound footlong hotdogs that Westward Ho used to sell for .99 cents? I would have loved to have seen a test result on those babies.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
June 14th, 2017 at 2:27:45 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Remember the three quarters of a pound footlong hotdogs that Westward Ho used to sell for .99 cents? I would have loved to have seen a test result on those babies.

Just remembering the "Ho" makes me happy. Slots of Fun tried it for a while but gave up. They made great photo ops.
  • Jump to: