RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 4670
Thanks for this post from:
mamat
March 18th, 2017 at 7:22:06 PM permalink
Was testing out the longhorn, I thought might have good mail but I had no info on it. I figured they'd have small promos and easy to win drawings. Anyway, if you hit for $500 or more you'd get a 12 pack of Pepsi, a pack of cookies, and some other such nonsense. So, I played $2 10 credit bonus poker (5-K 4oak pays $500 even). Ended up hitting a RF for $16k, took probably 45 minutes to hour to get paid (99.58% sure they had to go to the bank to get money). Slot manager I think was the first to arrive for my jackpot, first thing I asked about the cookies & Pepsi, and he looked at me like, "f*** you, you just made us negative for the year and you still want the damn pepsi and cookies?!" I never got the cookies or Pepsi. :(
"What would Brian Boitano do?"
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 962
March 18th, 2017 at 8:08:57 PM permalink
You are probably the reason they only offer one type of artificial sugar these days, as well.
Thanks.
You missed out on some kick ass cookies, by the way.
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 4670
March 18th, 2017 at 8:52:59 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

You are probably the reason they only offer one type of artificial sugar these days, as well.
Thanks.



"What would Brian Boitano do?"
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 74
  • Posts: 8583
March 18th, 2017 at 11:40:46 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Was testing out the longhorn, I thought might have good mail but I had no info on it. I figured they'd have small promos and easy to win drawings. Anyway, if you hit for $500 or more you'd get a 12 pack of Pepsi, a pack of cookies, and some other such nonsense. So, I played $2 10 credit bonus poker (5-K 4oak pays $500 even). Ended up hitting a RF for $16k, took probably 45 minutes to hour to get paid (99.58% sure they had to go to the bank to get money). Slot manager I think was the first to arrive for my jackpot, first thing I asked about the cookies & Pepsi, and he looked at me like, "f*** you, you just made us negative for the year and you still want the damn pepsi and cookies?!" I never got the cookies or Pepsi. :(



Are you telling me that insane 16k royal was all about cookies and Pepsi? Good grief. Come out here and I'll swap you the 16k for a truck full of both. I'd even bake the cookies, and I'm real good at it.

LMAO...
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
sammydv
sammydv
Joined: Mar 25, 2016
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 425
March 18th, 2017 at 11:56:06 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

You are probably the reason they only offer one type of artificial sugar these days, as well.
Thanks.
You missed out on some kick ass cookies, by the way.

I wonder if the casinos think diabetics are easy marks?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 204
  • Posts: 10474
March 19th, 2017 at 1:43:37 AM permalink
Quote: sammydv

I wonder if the casinos think diabetics are easy marks?

The casinos think everyone is an easy mark.

I don't blame them for not giving you cookies and pepsi... several pitbosses and floor personnel had to hock their watches to get you that payout.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 2961
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
March 19th, 2017 at 7:26:57 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Was testing out the longhorn, I thought might have good mail but I had no info on it. I figured they'd have small promos and easy to win drawings. Anyway, if you hit for $500 or more you'd get a 12 pack of Pepsi, a pack of cookies, and some other such nonsense. So, I played $2 10 credit bonus poker (5-K 4oak pays $500 even). Ended up hitting a RF for $16k, took probably 45 minutes to hour to get paid (99.58% sure they had to go to the bank to get money). Slot manager I think was the first to arrive for my jackpot, first thing I asked about the cookies & Pepsi, and he looked at me like, "f*** you, you just made us negative for the year and you still want the damn pepsi and cookies?!" I never got the cookies or Pepsi. :(



I wish I had read this yesterday because last night I was out having drinks with the Longhorn General Manager. I would have mediated this for you and at least got you a free fountain soda at the Chuckwagon restaurant.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 2961
March 19th, 2017 at 7:33:21 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Are you telling me that insane 16k royal was all about cookies and Pepsi? Good grief. Come out here and I'll swap you the 16k for a truck full of both. I'd even bake the cookies, and I'm real good at it.

LMAO...



C'mon Babs, you know how these AP's are. Jackpots are just expected statistical probabilities, cookies and Pepsi are +EV.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 962
March 19th, 2017 at 8:09:34 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

C'mon Babs, you know how these AP's are. Jackpots are just expected statistical probabilities, cookies and Pepsi are +EV.




Finally, someone who gets it.
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 8842
March 19th, 2017 at 9:16:09 AM permalink
RE: Nathan & WoN

1.) WoN requested that I mediate the matter between the two of them.

2.) Nathan accepted me as Mediator.

3.) WoN proposed a resolution that I then transmitted to Nathan.

4.) Nathan accepted the proposed resolution.

5.) The proposed resolution has been carried out to the apparent satisfaction of both parties.

The matter of the gift card is resolved and closed.

This thread will remain open for the purposes of discussing the original subject matter of the thread.
Vultures can't be choosers.

  • Jump to: