Thread Rating:

WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
February 20th, 2017 at 8:52:07 AM permalink
I would argue that PEDs are not recognized in its full capacity. The mainstream only perceive that Performance Enhancement Drugs are used in sporting events where athletes gain an unfair advantage, therefore should not reap the rewards of their success. But what about the Cognitive performance enhancing drugs - Nootropics... do we not understand that PEDs are used in so many different aspects of life where people are gaining a drug enhanced advantage to achieve success... ultimately generating income?

I have played a lot of poker over the years. Every poker room I go into, I see and hear so many players taking percocet, vicodin, adderall, etc to help them relax, focus, and enhance their play. Ive asked many if they think they could play without it and each said that they would not do as well, whether for lack of patience, focus, or otherwise. If they tested within the WSOP or WPT tours, I dont think we would have half the players. I dont have a problem with it, but Im just making a point.

Do you think models and actors dont take PEDs to make them look better so they can get that role or gig? Guess what... they absolutely do. Should Arnold Swarzenegger or Sylvestor Stallone give back their movie awards ? They would never have gotten to where they are if they hadn't gotten their bodies into such great shape without steroids / HGH.... shiiitttt, Sly is still on the stuff and he looks great! It cant be that bad for you. Hes been on the stuff for 40 years. I have some model friends... they use to take fat burning drugs to look more ripped in order to get some modeling gigs. The models who didn't look as ripped never got the gigs. PEDs work and they are used everywhere.

Why are we so angry at the sports community when they use PEDs? Because we idolize them? Because we believe we want fairness? Because sports are so involved in all of our lives? Let's just not be a naive society.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
February 20th, 2017 at 12:27:06 PM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

I would argue that PEDs are not recognized in its full capacity. The mainstream only perceive that Performance Enhancement Drugs are used in sporting events where athletes gain an unfair advantage, therefore should not reap the rewards of their success. But what about the Cognitive performance enhancing drugs - Nootropics... do we not understand that PEDs are used in so many different aspects of life where people are gaining a drug enhanced advantage to achieve success... ultimately generating income?

I have played a lot of poker over the years. Every poker room I go into, I see and hear so many players taking percocet, vicodin, adderall, etc to help them relax, focus, and enhance their play. Ive asked many if they think they could play without it and each said that they would not do as well, whether for lack of patience, focus, or otherwise. If they tested within the WSOP or WPT tours, I dont think we would have half the players. I dont have a problem with it, but Im just making a point.

Do you think models and actors dont take PEDs to make them look better so they can get that role or gig? Guess what... they absolutely do. Should Arnold Swarzenegger or Sylvestor Stallone give back their movie awards ? They would never have gotten to where they are if they hadn't gotten their bodies into such great shape without steroids / HGH.... shiiitttt, Sly is still on the stuff and he looks great! It cant be that bad for you. Hes been on the stuff for 40 years. I have some model friends... they use to take fat burning drugs to look more ripped in order to get some modeling gigs. The models who didn't look as ripped never got the gigs. PEDs work and they are used everywhere.

Why are we so angry at the sports community when they use PEDs? Because we idolize them? Because we believe we want fairness? Because sports are so involved in all of our lives? Let's just not be a naive society.

I'm not naive,but It just pisses me off that players like Sosa,Bonds etc obviously took peds.In my mind Hank Aaron wiil always be the Homerun leader unless someone else passes him.Or at least put asterisk by their names.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
February 20th, 2017 at 4:02:26 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

I'm not naive,but It just pisses me off that players like Sosa,Bonds etc obviously took peds.In my mind Hank Aaron wiil always be the Homerun leader unless someone else passes him.Or at least put asterisk by their names.

Do you know for certain that they were't using drugs back then? Cmon now! Everyone is and has been looking for that edge available to them in any era.

http://lyflines.blogspot.com/2005/05/steroid-use-in-baseball-in-1960s.html
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
February 20th, 2017 at 6:31:56 PM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

Do you know for certain that they were't using drugs back then? Cmon now! Everyone is and has been looking for that edge available to them in any era.

http://lyflines.blogspot.com/2005/05/steroid-use-in-baseball-in-1960s.html

Well I'm pretty sure Babe Ruth wasn't using peds,unless you count Beer and Hotdogs,although who knows maybe he was doing coke.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
February 21st, 2017 at 5:41:06 PM permalink
Interesting topic. Wonder if one Vicodin would help calm nerves at a dice table?
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
  • Jump to: