terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 2953
January 10th, 2017 at 2:50:10 PM permalink
Quote: Calder

So if someone has a hissy fit and calls for boycotting Meryl Streep films, is that racist?

I confess I'm having trouble keeping up.



Absolutely not
I enjoyed her golden globes speech. Rock on Meryl.
but on the flip side,
dam right I boycott her films
They are all chick flicks. I boycott all chick flicks
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
RogerKint
RogerKint
Joined: Dec 5, 2011
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 1013
January 10th, 2017 at 2:54:53 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Absolutely not
I enjoyed her golden globes speech. Rock on Meryl.
but on the flip side,
dam right I boycott her films
They are all chick flicks. I boycott all chick flicks



Sexist!!!! ;)
"Let it happen" - Tame Impala
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
Joined: May 20, 2011
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 323
January 10th, 2017 at 3:00:54 PM permalink
She should get an Oscar for the performance she put on accepting her GG. I think I saw a few tears along with her sniffles.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 2553
January 10th, 2017 at 3:07:52 PM permalink
Quote: Calder

So if someone has a hissy fit and calls for boycotting Meryl Streep films, is that racist?

I confess I'm having trouble keeping up.



I'd say no.

But double check with a rightie, they're usually the experts on nonexistent reverse racism...
"Trumped up trickle down" has an entire new meaning now, thanks to those Russian prostitutes...
JimRockford
JimRockford
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 459
January 10th, 2017 at 3:16:14 PM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

She should get an Oscar for the performance she put on accepting her GG. I think I saw a few tears along with her sniffles.


That's her signature look. Whenever I think of Meryl Streep I think of a runny nose on a 45 foot movie screen
Last edited by: JimRockford on Jan 10, 2017
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." - Isaac Newton
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 2953
January 10th, 2017 at 3:33:12 PM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

She should get an Oscar for the performance she put on accepting her GG. I think I saw a few tears along with her sniffles.



With acting, you never know :-)
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
TomG
TomG
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 769
January 10th, 2017 at 4:37:42 PM permalink
Quote: ams288





Just another example of easily offended politically correct crap

  • Jump to: