Thread Rating:

beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 29th, 2016 at 6:59:04 AM permalink
Joe. Bob.

If I suspend either of you, I'm suspending both. You've been equally rude and reprehensible to each other throughout this thread, to other people in other threads, and to each other on other threads.

I think you both bring value when you're not busy bringing the snark. So I'm giving you this last chance warning. Your choices:

Truce.

Ignore each other.

Continue for a double nuke.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
November 29th, 2016 at 7:02:45 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Joe. Bob.

If I suspend either of you, I'm suspending both. You've been equally rude and reprehensible to each other throughout this thread, to other people in other threads, and to each other on other threads.

I think you both bring value when you're not busy bringing the snark. So I'm giving you this last chance warning. Your choices:

Truce.

Ignore each other.

I will address this post in the "Discussion of the Suspension List" thread.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
  • Threads: 20
November 29th, 2016 at 11:02:39 AM permalink

Joe. Bob.

Truce.

Ignore each other.

Nice to know what the rules actually are, as opposed to what they are stated to be. People have been calling me all sorts of crap--not just bobbartop by any means--and no one has been suspended (maybe one person, for three days), and only a couple mildly reprimanded. I guess I'm fair game here, and certainly, the Trumpers and Trumpers-in-denial have cottoned to that fact.

Ignoring bob will be easy. I doubt that he'll be able to restrain himself in a similar fashion. He knows he'll get a free pass anyway--so why should he behave? One thing that you see a lot here is thinly veiled references that tiptoe along the line without technically crossing it. He's learning how to do that, too. Oh well.

I won't be participating much on these forums from now on, as there's nothing to be gained from discussing issues--ANY issues--with a bunch of irrational haters. I will only regret not speaking to the few people here who have a sense of decency and some intriguing ideas. Frankly, I should have deleted this site's URL from my browser when I saw the election poll thread that showed a 2-1 margin in favor of Trump. What was I thinking, that I would ever want to talk to a (virtual) room 2/3 full of Trumpers? That's like deliberately seeking out prison inmates for a cocktail party. Very dumb on my part.

Anyway, babs, truce is on as far as I'm concerned, even when bob breaks it. As far as other posters are concerned, I won't personally attack anyone, even in response to personal attacks on me. I know such attacks will occur, and I know--as they do--that they have carte blanche in that regard. I may not like it, but it's the reality of the situation. We're in a new era of nasty nationwide, and this forum is just a microcosm of it, though it's more Trump-dominated than most places. Maybe it's like a coffee shop in a depressed coal town in eastern Kentucky.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
November 29th, 2016 at 11:08:30 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

You get suspended, because people don't like you, and benefit of the doubt isn't worth it.

"People" don't like Hillary Clinton, or Mister Rogers for that matter, either. I am quite proud to be disliked by you and all the other Trumpers on this forum. "People" like Trump. That speaks volumes about their mindsets and personalities.

You can make any uninformed, ignorant speculations you like about me, or about anyone or anything else. A lot of the stuff you spout on a variety of subjects is, shall we say, not fully supported by the facts. Therefore, your opinion of me is equally meaningless. Have whatever you consider to be a nice day.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
November 29th, 2016 at 3:44:57 PM permalink

Joe. Bob.

Truce.

Ignore each other.

Jbot is as good as gone, we all know that, so to gamble Bobbartop with him gains nothing. Jbot posts 200 words, you can reduce to 40 removing all the nonsense. He is like Larrys and Beethoven had a baby for goodness. Poor decision letting Jbot jeopardize Bobbartop.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
Aussie
November 29th, 2016 at 3:48:58 PM permalink
Quote: Joeshlabotnik

"People" don't like Hillary Clinton, or Mister Rogers for that matter, either. I am quite proud to be disliked by you and all the other Trumpers on this forum. "People" like Trump. That speaks volumes about their mindsets and personalities.

You can make any uninformed, ignorant speculations you like about me, or about anyone or anything else. A lot of the stuff you spout on a variety of subjects is, shall we say, not fully supported by the facts. Therefore, your opinion of me is equally meaningless. Have whatever you consider to be a nice day.

Please log in when you're banned, and I'll be free to really state my opinion of you. You can make personal insults about banned members. It's really not even fair we have to wait.
I am a robot.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
November 29th, 2016 at 6:45:29 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Please log in when you're banned, and I'll be free to really state my opinion of you. You can make personal insults about banned members. It's really not even fair we have to wait.

Oh, go ahead. You know you want to. There won't be any actual punishment for you. I'm fair game here--the actions of the moderators (or lack thereof) have proved that.

I wouldn't want to see you deprived of an activity that is so evidently at the very core of your being and fundamental to your existence.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
December 4th, 2016 at 8:41:27 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Let the recount happen. It is clearly making Trumpsters (including Donald himself) nervous, so I am all for it!

As the crickets buzz away, some early results are in:

"Recount Results
Day 3 and 4 – the Most Recent Data as of December 4

TOTAL:
Trump gained 356 votes
Trump lost 246 votes
Trump net gain on day 4: 110 votes

Clinton gained 296 votes
Clinton lost 225 votes
Clinton net gain on day 4: 71 votes."
--results
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
December 4th, 2016 at 8:51:26 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

As the crickets buzz away, some early results are in:

"Recount Results
Day 3 and 4 – the Most Recent Data as of December 4

TOTAL:
Trump gained 356 votes
Trump lost 246 votes
Trump net gain on day 4: 110 votes

Clinton gained 296 votes
Clinton lost 225 votes
Clinton net gain on day 4: 71 votes."
--results

lol Who instigated this? Was it what's-her-name from the Green Party? Why should they care, it ain't their money. Or maybe it is now. I dunno, the thing smells to me. What a racket. I'm so stupid for getting into farming when I was younger. I had to work hard. I should have become a politician and robbed everyone. So much easier.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
December 4th, 2016 at 10:39:24 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

What a racket. I'm so stupid for getting into farming when I was younger. I had to work hard. I should have become a politician and robbed everyone. So much easier.

You can be a politician. Average age of house members is 57, avg of senate is 62.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 4th, 2016 at 11:00:13 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

You can be a politician. Average age of house members is 57, avg of senate is 62.

First I must establish my own tax free foundation.

I will call it Bartop's Endowment for World Peace and Trifectas.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
December 5th, 2016 at 8:31:18 AM permalink

What on earth? PizzaGate?

In case you need any more data on what type of hopeless people were mentally susceptible to believing the PizzaGate nonsense:

Man Motivated by ‘Pizzagate’ Conspiracy Theory Arrested in Washington Gunfire

Quote:

A man fired a rifle on Sunday inside a Washington pizza restaurant that has been subjected to harassment based on false stories tying it to child abuse, the police said. No one was hurt, and the man was arrested.

The man, Edgar M. Welch, 28, of Salisbury, N.C., told the police that he had come to the restaurant, Comet Ping Pong, in northwest Washington, to “self-investigate” what is being called Pizzagate, an online conspiracy theory asserting, with no evidence, that the restaurant is somehow tied to a child abuse ring. He entered the restaurant shortly before 3 p.m. with a rifle and fired it at least once inside, the police said.

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 5th, 2016 at 9:03:25 AM permalink

In case you need any more data on what type of hopeless people were mentally susceptible to believing the PizzaGate nonsense:

Let's see if I have this correct. The fake news of the New York Times, says that Pizzagate is fake news. Is that how it goes?

Hey ams288, let's say, for instance, that this story involved mostly republicans. Would you be initially looking at the story through different glasses?

Which reminds me, speaking of very sick people, there's a certain Dennis Hastert doing prison time right now for molesting a bunch of children when he was a teacher. Speaker of the HOUSE, for like 17 years, a republican, and this sick bastard was a SERIAL child molester. It happens. There may be more sickies per capita in the power circles of government, who knows. Maybe you don't think democrats are capable with their high moral standards of molesting children, and spirit cooking, and worshipping Satan, etc., etc.
ams288
ams288
December 5th, 2016 at 3:12:49 PM permalink

Let's see if I have this correct. The fake news of the New York Times, says that Pizzagate is fake news. Is that how it goes?

Every *actual* news source says it is fake news. Sorry I do not subscribe to the far right fringe sites that many here do.

Just as I will not engage with someone who believes the earth is flat, I will not argue about the validity of the pizzagate story. It is nonsense. If you are gullible enough to believe that it's true, I feel bad for you.

The moron with the gun surrendered to cops when he discovered that Pizzagate was *indeed* nonsense. I found this tweet to be funny:

Quote: @max_read

i wonder what it's like to be the pizzagate gun guy and discover that your former comrades now believe that you're a crisis actor

RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
RS
December 5th, 2016 at 4:11:59 PM permalink

Every *actual* news source says it is fake news. Sorry I do not subscribe to the far right fringe sites that many here do.

Just as I will not engage with someone who believes the earth is flat, I will not argue about the validity of the pizzagate story. It is nonsense. If you are gullible enough to believe that it's true, I feel bad for you.

The moron with the gun surrendered to cops when he discovered that Pizzagate was *indeed* nonsense. I found this tweet to be funny:

You believe you live on a giant spinning ball whizzing through "space" but you draw the line at pizza gate.
100% risk of ruin
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 5th, 2016 at 4:48:14 PM permalink

It is nonsense. If you are gullible enough to believe that it's true, I feel bad for you.

Yet you were the one believing in the sincerity of Hillary. She seemed like a nice honest girl.

I take it you haven't seen John Podesta's art collection?
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
RogerKint
December 5th, 2016 at 5:18:08 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

You believe you live on a giant spinning ball whizzing through "space"

I've heard a lot of people believe that, but from where I sit it looks like I can walk to the horizon and then just fall off. So am I going to believe my own eyes or what other people tell me? I'll take it with a grain of salt.

I can't believe that Dr.Huxtable drugged and raped over 50 women. If there was one person in the world I would have trusted, it would have been Dr.Huxtable.

I can't believe O.J. cut Nicole's head off. I'm still wrestling with that one.

I can't believe that Hillary's campaign featured JZee and Beyonce singing about bitches and hos and flashing their hands in a triangle symbol in some occult ritual.

I can't believe that John Podesta's brother was implicated in Spirit Cooking a bunch of blood and human semen all over the place.

I can't believe that John Podesta is a long time member of the Trilateral Commission whose goal is stated by its founders as establishing a New World Order because "America is obsolete".

Maybe I'm just gullible.
rxwine
rxwine
December 5th, 2016 at 7:13:12 PM permalink

Maybe I'm just gullible.

"Pizza gate" has made a lot of trouble for the owner of that business. Would you like awful unproven rumors about you spread around the internet by some loser?

It wouldn't be too funny to most people if something like that happened to them.

Fake News like that doesn't even qualify as a prank gone wrong. It's just malicious crap.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 5th, 2016 at 7:49:16 PM permalink

"Pizza gate" has made a lot of trouble for the owner of that business. Would you like awful unproven rumors about you spread around the internet by some loser?

It wouldn't be too funny to most people if something like that happened to them.

Fake News like that doesn't even qualify as a prank gone wrong. It's just malicious crap.

First of all, what do you know about the pizza shop owner? A whole lot, I assume.

Never mind the owner of the pizza shop, what about John Podesta? When can we expect him to sue those who published and associated his name with spirit cooking, pizzagate, and worse? Should be any day now.

This came right out of Podesta's emails. Now either it is really his email, which I haven't heard him deny, or the CIA really did take Julian Assange out of the embassy wearing a black hood and they really have taken over the content and operations of Wikileaks.

Incidentally, it seems that now that some crazed gunman went ballistic on a pizza shop, it necessarily clears all the players, known and unknown, of pizzagate. How did that work? Gunman enters picture, and newspaper after newspaper publishes in LOCKSTEP, fake news story, move along folks. I'm sorry, I don't see how this has cleared John Podesta?

How many people on this forum have I asked about John Podesta's art work? <CRICKETS>

I still get the feeling if this were about some republican freaks, like Child Molester of the House Dennis Hastert, a few of you who have dismissed this whole thing (on nothing but your gut feeling) would not have done so.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 5th, 2016 at 8:33:24 PM permalink

The moron with the gun surrendered to cops when he discovered that Pizzagate was *indeed* nonsense.

Cite, please. How did one loon with a gun decide that a WORLDWIDE scandal is "nonsense" from one little pizza shop? Perhaps the loon with the gun, along with some fake reporters from the New York Times, should follow John Podesta around for a few days and see what he is up to. Until then, you don't know that it is nonsense. You have nothing but a gut feeling. Big deal.
rxwine
rxwine
December 5th, 2016 at 8:45:36 PM permalink
You've hardly taken a crack at any Trump funny business compared to Hillary related stuff.

You're not fair and balanced. And don't tell me you take Trump at his word, I'll just laugh
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 5th, 2016 at 9:39:02 PM permalink

You've hardly taken a crack at any Trump funny business compared to Hillary related stuff.

You're not fair and balanced. And don't tell me you take Trump at his word, I'll just laugh

What's this? A "BUT TRUMP"?

BUT TRUMP! BUT TRUMP!

You're right, I haven't said much about him, because I don't know much about him. But that hasn't stopped people like you, Math Extremist, JoeBot, AMS, from ASSUMING I am a Trumpster. When I virtually have said SQUAT about Trump. Where do you get off?

I don't have to know anything about Trump to rag on Hillary. Hillary is the Devil, working to usher in the New World Order, I've known that since the 90s. I never even watched Trump on television. So you're Mr "Fair and Balanced", accusing me of crap and you don't know me for nothin.

Off the top of my head I have made a total of two comments about Trump most recently. Trust me, there will be more coming. My first comment was about his association with Newt Gingrich and Gingrich's comparison of himself to Harry Hopkins, identified as a Soviet Agent in the Venona Papers. That's one criticism of Trump. My next criticism was that his pick of James Mad Dog Mattis was on the guest list of the 2015 Bilderberg Meeting. Pretty big matzo ball there.

That's all I got so far, but I'm watching. Does it SOUND like I'm looking to kiss Trump's ass? Well? Does it? Essentially you just called me a phony. I'll be waiting for your apology.

In case you haven't noticed, I think Julian Assange is a hero, because he's looking for the TRUTH and will jam it up anyone's ass, whether it be democrat or republican, or Russian. I am not a partisan hack. Can you say the same?
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 5th, 2016 at 9:56:02 PM permalink

In case you haven't noticed, I think Julian Assange is a hero, because he's looking for the TRUTH and will jam it up anyone's ass, whether it be democrat or republican, or Russian. I am not a partisan hack. Can you say the same?

Ron Paul, (ANOTHER HERO), speaks about Julian Assange, 2011, on CSPAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2NYEiJWtrk
rxwine
rxwine
December 5th, 2016 at 11:45:52 PM permalink

Hillary is the Devil, working to usher in the New World Order, I've known that since the 90s.?

Is this the NWO you're talking about?

Quote:

The common theme in conspiracy theories about a New World Order is that a secretive power elite with a globalist agenda is conspiring to eventually rule the world through an authoritarian world government—which will replace sovereign nation-states—and an all-encompassing propaganda whose ideology hails the establishment of the New World Order as the culmination of history's progress. Many influential historical and contemporary figures have therefore been purported to be part of a cabal that operates through many front organizations to orchestrate significant political and financial events, ranging from causing systemic crises to pushing through controversial policies, at both national and international levels, as steps in an ongoing plot to achieve world domination.[3][4][5][6][7]
Before the early 1990s, New World Order conspiracism was limited to two American countercultures, primarily the militantly anti-government right and secondarily that part of fundamentalist Christianity concerned with the end-time emergence of the Antichrist.[8] Skeptics such as Michael Barkun and Chip Berlet observed that right-wing populist conspiracy theories about a New World Order had not only been embraced by many seekers of stigmatized knowledge but had seeped into popular culture, thereby inaugurating a period during the late 20th and early 21st centuries in the United States where people were actively preparing for apocalyptic millenarian scenarios.[4][6] Those political scientists are concerned that mass hysteria could eventually have devastating effects on American political life, ranging from escalating lone-wolf terrorism to the rise to power of authoritarian ultranationalist demagogues.[4][6][9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_(conspiracy_theory)
ams288
ams288
December 6th, 2016 at 5:19:47 AM permalink

Cite, please.

From the official police report: "S-1 stated that he had read online that the Comet restaurant was harboring child sex slaves and that he wanted to see for himself if they were there. S-1 stated that he was armed to help rescue them. S-1 surrendered peacefully when he found no evidence that underage children were being harbored in the restaurant."

Moron reads right wing conspiracy theory nonsense on the internet. Moron picks up a gun and goes to investigate. Moron finds out it wasn't true and gets arrested.

Righties love to talk about Islamic extremists getting radicalized by propaganda on the internet. Not a peep about white, far right extremists getting radicalized by right-wing conspiracy theory B.S. like this moron was. Wonder why that is???
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 6th, 2016 at 5:27:42 AM permalink

Is this the NWO you're talking about?

Apparently not. Because I read your Wiki article and it mentions a "conspiracy theory". As you probably know, a conspiracy is an agreement between two or more people to commit a crime. Under California law there must be an overt act in furtherance of the crime. There is also necessarily an element of secrecy.

So you see, rxwine, it can't be a conspiracy, because everyone knows about it. Except you.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 6th, 2016 at 5:34:53 AM permalink

Moron reads right wing conspiracy theory nonsense on the internet. Moron picks up a gun and goes to investigate. Moron finds out it wasn't true and gets arrested.

Is this what you said you weren't going to discuss because it's like saying the Earth is flat? Have you had a sudden revelation about the shape of the Earth?

Apparently you still have not seen John Podesta's art collection. Dodge noted. <crickets>
ams288
ams288
December 6th, 2016 at 5:42:33 AM permalink

Is this what you said you weren't going to discuss because it's like saying the Earth is flat? Have you had a sudden revelation about the shape of the Earth?

You asked for a cite. I provided one.

And pointed out what kind of person it takes to believe this B.S. and do what that moron did.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 6th, 2016 at 6:03:11 AM permalink

You asked for a cite. I provided one.

And pointed out what kind of person it takes to believe this B.S. and do what that moron did.

C'mon, ams288, you're an objective person, go ahead and look at John Podesta's art collection.

Ah, strike that. Never mind.
rxwine
rxwine
December 6th, 2016 at 6:50:11 AM permalink

C'mon, ams288, you're an objective person, go ahead and look at John Podesta's art collection.

I looked at it.

It's weird, it's creepy to me, but it's perfectly legal as far as I can tell. And in its creepiness factor, it's hardly the worse in art that I've seen.

Is that the best you have? What essentially boils down to thought crime of some sort? Is that it?

You going after people who read novels about crime next? How about old men who look at naked young women of legal age in nightclubs? How about creepy guys who collect too many guns and like to talk about them and rub gun oil on them?
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 6th, 2016 at 7:34:31 AM permalink

You going after people who read novels about crime next? How about old men who look at naked young women of legal age in nightclubs? How about creepy guys who collect too many guns and like to talk about them and rub gun oil on them?

I'm not going after anyone. Spirit cookers, Satanists, child molesters, those people scare the heck out of me.

So interesting to see how this conversation has evolved into you and ams888 going on the defensive for a couple of freaks like the Podestas.

Hey rxwine, how long do you think it will take the Podestas to initiate a lawsuit against anyone who has publicized these bogus accusations?
ams288
ams288
December 6th, 2016 at 7:43:16 AM permalink

So interesting to see how this conversation has evolved into you and ams888 going on the defensive for a couple of freaks like the Podestas.

What fantasy world are you living in? (Please don't answer - rhetorical question).

I simply pointed out how gullible a person would have to be to believe conspiracy theory nonsense like the Pizzagate stuff. And I highlighted this point with what the moron with the gun did at Comet pizza - and the fact that he surrendered once he realized what he read on the internet was false.

You have repeatedly ignored that - and have constantly tried to change the subject to an art collection.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 6th, 2016 at 7:55:03 AM permalink

What fantasy world are you living in? (Please don't answer - rhetorical question).

I simply pointed out how gullible a person would have to be to believe conspiracy theory nonsense like the Pizzagate stuff. And I highlighted this point with what the moron with the gun did at Comet pizza - and the fact that he surrendered once he realized what he read on the internet was false.

You have repeatedly ignored that - and have constantly tried to change the subject to an art collection.

No, I have not ignored that. I clearly stated that some loon with a gun does not clear up the subject one way or the other. The fake newspapers like the NYTimes seem to think it does as they all march in lockstep, along with you, but this only means that the loon with the gun, was a loon.

When the Podestas start suing for damages, I may change my tune. I'll be waiting.

Still haven't seen the art, huh? I didn't think so.
ams288
ams288
December 6th, 2016 at 7:59:07 AM permalink

The fake newspapers like the NYTimes seem to think it does as they all march in lockstep, along with you, but this only means that the loon with the gun, was a loon.

I hesitate to ask this - knowing the answer will probably be sad - but in your mind, what are some "real" newspapers?
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 6th, 2016 at 8:17:47 AM permalink

I hesitate to ask this - knowing the answer will probably be sad - but in your mind, what are some "real" newspapers?

National Enquirer is pretty good. I also like The Daily Racing Form.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
December 6th, 2016 at 8:22:37 AM permalink

National Enquirer is pretty good.

Please tell me you are yanking his chain...
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
ams288
ams288
December 6th, 2016 at 8:27:46 AM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

Please tell me you are yanking his chain...

I don't think he is...
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
December 12th, 2016 at 7:39:12 PM permalink
How did that ballyhooed recount turn out?
"In the end, Clinton gained 713 votes over her previous total, but Trump gained 844." --Milwaukee Journal
Judges have stopped the recounts in Pennsylvania and Michigan.
bobbartop
bobbartop
December 12th, 2016 at 8:46:26 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

How did that ballyhooed recount turn out?

Ask Jill Stein's accountant.
  • Jump to: