Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
November 3rd, 2016 at 6:31:47 PM permalink
I just saw the lamest commercial blaming the drug Abilify causing gambling addiction. I had to look this up.

http://thejusticelawyer.com/drug/abilify-lawsuits-compulsive-gambling/?gclid=CJCR55z5jdACFZCIaQodoKUAkg
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
November 18th, 2016 at 7:51:18 PM permalink
I remember at least hearing about some antidepressants having these side effects years ago, almost a decade ago. Not sure why they would hide a side effect, if listing a side effect limits left ability at least. Guess it doesn't.
I am a robot.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
November 18th, 2016 at 10:58:05 PM permalink
I don't think I've ever seen a commercial for abilify that didn't mention that side effect. It's been years.
Wino
Wino
  • Threads: 45
November 21st, 2016 at 5:17:29 AM permalink
How would these people actually win a case? You mean I can just take these pills and be free of my responsibility of my previous addictive behavior?
Wanda Wilcox: “I can’t stand people. I hate them.” Chinaski: “Oh, yeah?” Wanda: “You hate them?” Chinaski: “No, but I seem to feel better when they’re not around.” Barfly, starring Mickey Rourke
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
November 21st, 2016 at 6:32:48 AM permalink
Quote: Wino

How would these people actually win a case? You mean I can just take these pills and be free of my responsibility of my previous addictive behavior?

The ones without previous problems are the ones with side effects. Having a previous history certainly harms their cases.
I am a robot.
discflicker
discflicker
  • Threads: 30
November 21st, 2016 at 8:11:50 AM permalink
Short answer: HELL YES, these drugs mess up your body and your mind in many ways, and they are a plague upon humanity. They not only don't cure the behaviors they're intended to alleviate, they can actually cause them and a lot of other physical problems that are far worse... there is no such a thing as a "side-affect". These are AFFECTS.

The drug companies have people believing that undesired affects can be negligible, as long as they're labeled "side-affects". I've had horrible acid reflux since 1988. I've had my memory and cognition, even my ability to verbalize compromised over this same period. I never made the connection because I was constantly popping Tagamet, Prevacid, etc. often times exceeding the dose by a factor 3 or more because the stuff doesn't work when you constantly take it.

When I had my brain scanned, they found a lot of "focal points" of activity, and they told me to get on anti-eplilepsy drugs. By that time, however, I was tuned onto the hideous lies of big pharma, especially when it comes to psychotropic drugs like Abilify. I started to understand why we've have to tolerate those 20-seconds disclaimers that followed the steady barrage of 'ask your doctor" adds. Never in the history of the planet has such a wide-spread campaign of lies and disinformation been spread. These drugs are KILLERS, they are far worse than any of the FDA category 1 drugs (and especially pot).

These drugs are FDA approved based upon false research and greased palms. There is so much money involved, it's staggering; so much so, it pays for 35 years of CONSTANT brain-washing... "panic attack", "chemical imbalance", "social anxiety disorder", the terminology and the fear of these (invented) "disorders" have been ingrained into our daily lives. Would you recommend heroin for a kind who picks his nose? Cocaine for a kid who doesn't want to do family chores? That is exactly what the function of the DSM is... identify typical human behaviors, label them as a disorder, and assign a drug to it that must be prescribed, regardless of the "side-affects". When "side-affects" inevitably occur, they don't discontinue the stupid drug that caused it, instead, they prescribe ADDITIONAL drugs to counter-act each new "side-affect" that manifests.

Today's medical professionals are all TRAINED to do this... prescribe more and more drugs, many of which are FOR LIFE!! They don't want anyone to get better, they want everyone to stay sick as long as possible!! Not only are doctors trained to do this in medical schools and in ongoing medical literature and conferences, they also get direct kick-backs and rewards for doing so. The pharmaceutical industry pays to all of this... they pay for the pro-drug curriculum, the on-going literature, and for the bribes and kickbacks.

The US government not only condones this by way of FDA approval, it partners up with them and forces psychotropic drugs upon soldiers in combat, children in foster custody, prisoners, the elderly, people with autistic spectrum disorders (me included), veterans, and parolees. They try forcing it upon unknowing patients; every time they contact health professionals with ANY medical issues, a new "survey" of 10 questions is now asked... has anyone had this done to them?? They ask are you depressed and do you feel like you don't fit in, in 10 different ways, and if you answer Y to enough of 'em, THEY RECOMMEND PSYCHIATRIC COUNSELING.

Not only do medical professionals do this, they now do do this in our public schools: TEEN SCREEN, for example, and they "screen" the elderly as well, perverting normal aging into yet another new DSM category of psychiatric depression, requiring yet another new class of drugs to "combat". There is never any cure for these new diseases, either... life-long "maintenance" is the doctor-recommended solution.

"Psychiatric counseling" INVARIABLY means that you get put on one or more of these drugs, usually, FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. And, you cannot refuse... if you are prescribed these drugs but refuse to take them, then agencies of our government can arrest you and force you to take them "for your own good", and this involves criminalizing and/or institutionalizing you.

This problem is so out-of-hand, they're starting to prescribe these life-long addicting drugs for pre-teens, small children and even INFANTS!! I swear to God, this is true... if your infant fidgets about too much, it could be prescribed a psychotropic medication for the rest of its life! And think of the damage done over all that time. (WATCH THIS VIDEO, PLEASE)

OK, as of 8 years ago, I stopped ALL of my medications, except for pot. My stomach burned for a while, but eventually, I got over it for the most part, well, enough so I don't use acid-reducers unless I'm burping hydrochloric acid. And wow, my memory came back, and my occasional aphasia was reduced!! Aphasia is my inability to recall names and labels, like I have to stop to think about the right words, and it interrupts my train of though to the point where I often forget what I'm saying in the middle of a sentence!!! The most embarrassing moment of my life was when this happened in front of a group of > 20 PLANT MANGERS I was giving a presentation to at Ford.

When I have to take an acid reducer these days, sure enough, it works great, but then for the next week or so, I notice the aphasia... it becomes obvious, like turning a switch on and off. Look at the labels on acid-reducers... its right there in black and white... memory loss, aphasia. SIDE-AFFECTS MY ASS! These are AFFECTS.

If its on the label as a "side-affect" you can bet your ass it will happen.
The difference between zero and the smallest possible number? It doesn't matter; once you cross that edge, it might as well be the difference between zero and 1. The difference between infinity and reality? They are mutually exclusive.
  • Jump to: