Harrah's Diamond in a Day Attempt

Page 3 of 4<1234>
September 8th, 2010 at 6:57:29 PM permalink
Tiltpoul
Threads: 32
Quote: ElectricDreams
They do? Which machine? All I remember the Game King keno machines having was, well, keno.

They are both upstairs and downstairs. Upstairs, they are located in the back corner with the Video Poker machines, against the back wall. They actually have JoB on that machine too, but it's a LOUSY 6/5, so not really worth playing. Downstairs, it's back in the bar area, over by the drink station. I was there in May and the machines are still offered at that level.

Quote: SanchoPanza
Evidence is abundant here and elsewhere that even lowly Gold Card holders get plentiful free rooms.

That may be true for Gold Card members who play at one particular property, or who play in Las Vegas one time. However, my experience has been that Gold card members usually can't log into a new property and get free rooms. Diamond members though usually have no problem, even without any history at that particular property. Maybe that's changing because of the economy...

Multipliers have not in the past gone for Tier Credits. Is that something new?

The Multiplier does NOT apply to tier credits. However, at an accelerated rate, the Bonus RCs accrued during the promotion can be used for comps or cash back even. Furthermore, you get bonus RCs for your play on top of the promotion, so it would not be unusual that if you earned 1000 tier credits during a 8x multiplier, that all-in-all you could score somewhere around 10,000 RCS total, cash value $50, comp value $100. If you got lucky during the super multiplier promotions they offer, say 100x, that could easily become $1000 cash back.

I also understand that the Game King BJ machines have a higher HA, but they seem to have low variance, and it's better than the Keno game and probably even 6/5 JoB.
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
September 8th, 2010 at 7:13:34 PM permalink
SanchoPanza
Threads: 30
Quote: Tiltpoul
The Multiplier does NOT apply to tier credits

Rendering the original statement of "They also offer a lot of great multipliers, as high as 100X. That would be a FAST way to get to Diamond" misleading and inaccurate.
September 8th, 2010 at 7:25:50 PM permalink
Tiltpoul
Threads: 32
Rendering the original statement of "They also offer a lot of great multipliers, as high as 100X. That would be a FAST way to get to Diamond" misleading and inaccurate.

Okay, I'll clarify what I meant by the original post. At the $5=1 point, THAT'S the fast way to get to Diamond. You can play at a higher level with lower variance, and while playing at a HA, the higher RC multiplier can get you cash back that makes it worth playing at that level. I understand where the original post can be a misleading, but that was not the intention.
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
September 9th, 2010 at 8:41:22 AM permalink
FatGeezus
Threads: 3
The fastest way to achieve Diamond is to have more than person play on the same card. Many players do this. It is not uncommon to have a husband and wife playing on the same card. How do I know this? From talking to others while waiting in line to enter the Diamond Lounge.
September 9th, 2010 at 9:41:48 AM permalink
cardshark
Threads: 6
Quote: FatGeezus
The fastest way to achieve Diamond is to have more than person play on the same card. Many players do this. It is not uncommon to have a husband and wife playing on the same card. How do I know this? From talking to others while waiting in line to enter the Diamond Lounge.

Bingo! I do this all the time with my parents. They want to go play slots at Caesars? Great! Take my card! That's how I made diamond last year. It was mostly because of friends and family playing on my account (otherwise, my little bit of blackjack play wouldn't even get me to platinum).

You can get as many duplicate cards as you want.

In my opinion, though, diamond is overrated. If you ever play at a Harrah's outside of Vegas, especially in cities where they are the only game in town, you'll notice almost everyone has a diamond card.
September 9th, 2010 at 10:20:26 AM permalink
RaleighCraps
Threads: 65
Quote: cardshark
Bingo! I do this all the time with my parents. They want to go play slots at Caesars? Great! Take my card! That's how I made diamond last year. It was mostly because of friends and family playing on my account (otherwise, my little bit of blackjack play wouldn't even get me to platinum).

You can get as many duplicate cards as you want.

In my opinion, though, diamond is overrated. If you ever play at a Harrah's outside of Vegas, especially in cities where they are the only game in town, you'll notice almost everyone has a diamond card.

It is overrated only if you have never stood in a buffet line for an hour waiting to get in, while the Diamond and 7 Stars walk right in! It makes a HUGE difference in food wait times.
Other differences I have noted:
** We went to Vegas for 6 days last year. I was comp'd every day at Caesars, while my Platinum friends could only get 3 days comp'd.
** I have never had to wait to check in, using the Diamond Checkin area. Nice when the lines are long.
** As noted, the Diamond Lounge is a nice perk. The hor d'oeuvres at night are enough to let you skip dinner, if you want more table money.
** RIO diamond Lounge had free internet, so you could do Flight check-in for free. It is pretty nice to be able to sit, relax, and get as many drinks as you would like as well.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
September 9th, 2010 at 11:11:06 AM permalink
DorothyGale
Threads: 40
Quote: RaleighCraps
I have never been able to get anyone in Harrah's to tell me when the Day starts and ends as far as comps is concerned.
In 2006 it was 3:00 AM at the Kansas properties (well, KC). Don't know now.

--Dorothy
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
May 5th, 2011 at 4:38:39 PM permalink
SONBP2
Threads: 88
I know this is an old post, but I have a friend that makes Diamond status every year at Harrah's where he only plays at the Rio and only (and I mean only) plays horse racing. Does anyone know how much he would have to wager to get Diamond status playing only the horses. If it costs almost $100,000 coin-in to reach diamond on VP, I know the comp points he gets is much lower with horse racing, I would say he would have to wager somewhere in the neighborhood of $250,000 a year.
May 5th, 2011 at 5:08:17 PM permalink
gofaster87
Threads: 3
May 5th, 2011 at 7:17:53 PM permalink
teddys
Threads: 142
There absolutely are very good opportunities at the Harrah's regional properties, and they often have better returns that 9/6 JOB. Horseshoe Hammond, and Horseshoe Southern Indiana, for example. I think Jean Scott is from Indiana, so they return there a lot.

Edit: HSI -- $.50/$1.00 Super Aces at 99.94%
Hammond - $1.00 15/11 DW at 99.96% (50-play)
Tunica Roadhouse -- same DW as above at $.25/$.50/$1
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." ― Rig Veda 10.34.7
Page 3 of 4<1234>