Garnabby
Garnabby
  • Threads: 4
August 28th, 2010 at 5:58:51 PM permalink
http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=14132

For the record, Mike already kindly answered my own email about this curious matter some time ago... he didn't say that that betting progression can overcome the house's edge over baccarat.
Why bet at all, if you can be sure? Anyway, what constitutes a "good bet"? - The best slots-game in town; a sucker's edge; or some gray-area blackjack-stunts? (P.S. God doesn't even have to exist to be God.)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
August 28th, 2010 at 6:50:24 PM permalink
I had a look at that thread. It refers to the way I answered the second question in my baccarat ask the wizard page.

I make no apologies for the way I answered the question in question. Do I have to give out a lecture about how betting systems don't work every time I'm asked a question about the best way to achieve a certain winning goal?

If anyone tries harder than me to debunk betting systems, please let me know who. However, I am not in denial that many gamblers have goals of either winning $x or losing $y. I have no problem with that, and if I can help maximize the probability of achieving the winning goal, then I'm happy to advise.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
  • Jump to: