blount2000
blount2000
  • Threads: 42
April 9th, 2016 at 8:57:34 AM permalink
BLT Burger in Mirage has always been one of my favorite spots to eat on my Vegas trips, so I am sad to read that it is closing.

BLT BURGER CLOSES/CONVERTS

Wasn't too happy to read about the health department issues BLT Burger recently faced either. :/

I'll have to give the new restaurant a try next time I visit and see if it is tasty.
You serious, Clark?
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
April 9th, 2016 at 2:56:43 PM permalink
It's hard to believe a restaurant at an upscale place like Mirage would have so many health code violations. I guess out with the old in with the new will help erase the incident.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
April 9th, 2016 at 4:14:05 PM permalink
I was actually the first person in when BLT Burger opened in 2008 (talk about a "soft opening"; there was nobody in line 15 minutes before the scheduled opening at 11 AM)...and, incredibly enough, also the first person there on its first anniversary.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
April 9th, 2016 at 5:09:43 PM permalink
I just ate there in January.

Overpriced, but yummy. Had no idea about their health code issues.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
April 9th, 2016 at 5:24:43 PM permalink
Is the BLT burger the place we had that one meetup thing? Seemed good, would try again, but wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.

A short while back, Jack in the Box has gotten rid of their Del-Trio and the Turkey Bacon Ranch. Why would they take off the TWO BEST ITEMS ON THEIR MENU??!!? They have failed me. :(
blount2000
blount2000
  • Threads: 42
April 9th, 2016 at 7:14:00 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

I just ate there in January.
Overpriced, but yummy. Had no idea about their health code issues.

I ate there in December myself and tried the Kobe beef sliders. I had them prepared medium-rare on the advice of the waiter, and they were definitely quite red. They tasted fantastic, but I wonder if I may have dodged a bullet after reading about the health code violations.

Tell you what though, the closing of BLT Burger illustrates why I'm often reluctant to try new menu items at a restaurant where I already have a preferred dish. The I-80 Burger was my absolute favorite item on their menu, and I talked myself out of ordering it back in December in the spirit of trying something new (i.e. the Kobe sliders).

And while the sliders were great, now I'll never get the chance to enjoy an I-80 Burger again.

:(
You serious, Clark?
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
April 9th, 2016 at 10:13:10 PM permalink
Too bad. All of the overpriced strip burgers are good. I think you'd have to try to make a bad burger for $20. But I thought they were one of the best. Didn't go too overboard with the novelty stuff. Just very, very good burgers and shakes.

Sometimes health code stuff is like, "your sink is too close to your refrigerator." I hope it was that and not leaving meat out too long or vermin.
  • Jump to: