Thread Rating:

DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
September 25th, 2013 at 4:01:37 AM permalink
Well the Tampa Bay Rays came in 30th in attendance this year, out of 30 MLB teams. Management is rattling sabers. The commish, Bud Selig, wants action. The Rays want a new stadium, their St Pete mayor says no. I'm thinking Las Vegas deserves a wining team. So what do the locals here think? Is Vegas ready for a major league franchise?
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
September 25th, 2013 at 4:04:28 AM permalink
The major leagues get their panties in a bunch over any hint on gambling. Las Vegas will never get a major league sports team.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
September 25th, 2013 at 4:06:20 AM permalink
Yea but the name has a nice ring to it!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
September 25th, 2013 at 4:15:27 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

Yea but the name has a nice ring to it!

It's good but I've actually given it some thought. I like The Gamblers.
Some others: The Boulders, The Mirage (I know, I know but I like the name), The Fission, The Mountain Goats (if they're really bad), The Strippers.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
JIMMYFOCKER
JIMMYFOCKER
  • Threads: 17
September 25th, 2013 at 6:01:28 AM permalink
Forget Vegas as an option, move on.
  • Jump to: