Hawk76
Hawk76
  • Threads: 2
June 14th, 2013 at 5:43:13 PM permalink
I have recently began my journey on learning basic strategy and AP and I have two questions (Rules I will probably be playing are 6D, $15-$20min, hit on s17, DAS, which give house edge of 0.55% according to this site, and the high limit table, which maybe i can get into after I build up a bigger bankroll, has house edge of 0.35%).

With regards to flat betting, If I flat bet, and get a maximum and minimum thresholds lets says the min is 80% of bankroll and max is 20% above bankroll (i'm sure a series of equations would make these number variable). Can I go positive? Can I ever have an edge? I started wondering when I saw this flat bet distribution table saying that within 1std dev I can be +8.2 or -8.84 units after 1 hour of play. Please let me know if I incorporate a threshold if I can get the advantage?

The Wizard answered a question like this regarding baccarat on his FAQ so I'm hoping it can be answer for Blackjack.

The second question is if anyone can direct me to guide on how my bet spread would change my advantage. I read that a 2 unit bet spread would give me a 0.35% edge, and am interested in more information on how the spread varies the edge. Like most of you, I'm not interested in getting backed-off or barred, so I was trying to lay low.

Thanks for all your help. This site is awesome, and hopefully my first post will get answered. Let me know If you need further clarification.

EDIT: I have reposted this to the Blackjack section, Mod please feel free to remove from General Discussion, thank you
  • Jump to: