coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 139
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 20th, 2013 at 6:06:16 PM permalink
Everybody hates fees... this "the public demanded them" is nonsense.

Some people work out every day of their trip to Vegas... they will hunt for a whatever bargain they can. If they can use a gym but not pay for it, so be it. Otherwise they will include it in the calculated cost of the room.

Different travelers have different notions of "costs" for a trip to Vegas: Room, high end restaurants, cheap buffets, teenage arcades, movies, etc. A "room bargain" has always been a fraction, so to has the price of a buffet.

Fees and Room Charges have different meanings to the tax collectors, but not to the public.

The annoyance is in the lack of uniformity in the quotations and comparisons of hotel choices.
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
March 20th, 2013 at 6:08:46 PM permalink
Lucky Club does not charge resort fees.
aahigh.com
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
March 20th, 2013 at 11:43:02 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

Lucky Club does not charge resort fees.

They pay you to stay there, actually.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
March 20th, 2013 at 11:49:26 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

Sounds like my kinda place. :)
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 21st, 2013 at 2:02:09 AM permalink
Quote: teddys

Do they buy life insurance on their customers?
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
March 21st, 2013 at 3:19:50 AM permalink
I won my first two $40 coupons there. The last one I lost, but I "chased it" and got $25 and left.

I love Lucky Club!!!! That craps table is TOE UP!!!! But it has kharecter!

They're still holding my money over there, but I'm planning to get it all BACK.

Maybe the next coupon I will liquidate and make a $20 hard 8 bet and try to max bet it if I get the first hit out of it.

It would be a great story to get a grand out of those jokers using a coupon and a random LUCKY CLUB roll.
aahigh.com
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
March 21st, 2013 at 1:36:52 PM permalink
The end game for resort fees is you have to also charge them for two reasons. The first is without them, you are at a competitive disadvantage in listings. The second is if you don't, all the cheap wads gravitate to your place and you don't have the spenders you want. Ideally, you would think if everyone charged these fees, the listing prices would effectively come down as much as they go up. I would guess not as much as the increase. Things will come back into balance a bit, but it will take time.

I would guess also the operators are trying to find a way to divert money spent from a higher taxed area to a lower taxed.
I am a robot.
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
March 21st, 2013 at 3:21:15 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I would guess also the operators are trying to find a way to divert money spent from a higher taxed area to a lower taxed.

Resort fees are taxed the same percentage as hotel rooms.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 21st, 2013 at 3:35:51 PM permalink
Quote: JB

Resort fees are taxed the same percentage as hotel rooms.

Not my idea. I was surmising if they think their customers will either spend the money on gaming or hotel accommodations, they could get them to spend it there keeping more money. They could either take the $15 from a slot or take it through the hotel. As I write this, I am probably wrong. http://gaming.nv.gov/index.aspx?page=94
I never would have thought the state of NV's share would be the way it is set up. I don't know the tax they might pay on income from room rates, so can't be sure of the motivation.
I am a robot.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
March 21st, 2013 at 6:08:18 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Not my idea. I was surmising if they think their customers will either spend the money on gaming or hotel accommodations, they could get them to spend it there keeping more money. They could either take the $15 from a slot or take it through the hotel. As I write this, I am probably wrong. http://gaming.nv.gov/index.aspx?page=94
I never would have thought the state of NV's share would be the way it is set up. I don't know the tax they might pay on income from room rates, so can't be sure of the motivation.

Taxes on strip hotels are 12%, iirc. NV gaming taxes are lower percentage wise. This is one of the few states with legalized gambling where this is the case.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 21st, 2013 at 6:10:53 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Taxes on strip hotels are 12%, iirc. NV gaming taxes are lower percentage wise. This is one of the few states with legalized gambling where this is the case.

I am not talking about sales tax Tring, I'm talking about how much the profits are taxed from room rates. Forgive me if you are not talking about sales tax because this seems like you are.
I am a robot.
  • Jump to: