JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
April 8th, 2014 at 4:56:19 PM permalink
Saw this in a marketing e-mail that the PALMS sent out, thought it was an interesting idea to set the tone of being a fun/cool place to be:

"Even our lobby is full of surprises! Introducing our brand new, Beverage Butler, pouring up your favorite classic vodka, rum and whiskey-based cocktails for just $5 each during peak check-in times.. This special Butler will also be tracking your wait time to the counter. If you stand in line for longer than five minutes, your drink is on us! It's a rare occasion that we have a line longer than five minutes, but this is our promise to you.

The Beverage Butler check-in cocktail service is offered Sunday through Thursday from 4pm to 7pm, and Friday through Saturday from 4pm to 8pm. Get in line, and have a drink. You’re in Las Vegas, after all."

http://www.palms.com/palms-blog/beverage_butler_at
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 8th, 2014 at 5:22:39 PM permalink
CZR properties in Vegas would have to change the time limit to 90 minutes in line to avoid giving them all out for free.
UTHfan
UTHfan
  • Threads: 17
April 11th, 2014 at 5:02:58 PM permalink
Where's the WOV review of the Palm?
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
April 11th, 2014 at 5:41:36 PM permalink
Quote: UTHfan

Where's the WOV review of the Palm?

Wizard plans to do one of The Palms himself as time permits. I will be doing an updated review of The D as well as reviews of Cannery and Downtown Grand here in the next two weeks. I leave day after tomorrow.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
MrWarmth
MrWarmth
  • Threads: 15
April 11th, 2014 at 5:56:16 PM permalink
It feels like Palms is trying to change its rep and fatigue-factor lately ... Moon just closed and will host only special events until it reopens ... View seems to be going the same route. I can't speak to the gaming comps (since I am a low roller) but the property is sprucing up and trying to find its niche. The "we're the cool place" thing has long worn off and I think this will only help them. Good thing, too ... I really like View ... bartender is among the city's best bullshitters and the waitresses like to play pool if it's not busy!
  • Jump to: