JSTAT
Joined: Feb 8, 2011
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 58
May 27th, 2013 at 4:30:05 PM permalink
According to the Total Rewards FAQ, "The Seven Stars card expires annually on March 31". When I tried to post the link on this site https://www.totalrewards.com/e-totalrewards/content/sevenstars/sevenstars-faq.html, it did not go to that page. See if it works for you. So what are they trying to hide? Annually means every year, as I've been saying here. So I decided to make a video to record that page and give my take on the Caesars Total Rewards loyalty program changes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF3mkR0REv8
Casino reporter, enjoys blackjack/baccarat card counting, Bay Area poker pro, JSTAT@Casino_Examiner on Twitter
JSTAT
Joined: Feb 8, 2011
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 58
June 5th, 2013 at 12:48:23 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

I didnt think that was true so I called Total Rewards and asked them. They said you do not have to earn 150,000 tier points in the first three months of 2014 to be extended if you have earned the 7Stars rank in 2013.

To put it another way: If you earned 150,000 tier points in 2013 and your account is in "good standing" meaning you've paid your markers, you didn't punch a dealer in the mouth, and you haven't danced on the blackjack tables, or thrown the dice from the craps table like a hail mary pass... then you will be automatically extended on April 1, 2014 for another year of "7Stars" until March 31, 2015.



I just called Total Rewards and they confirmed that Diamond (and I assume Seven Stars) cards will expire on April 1, 2014, if no Tier Credits are accumulated from 1/1/14 - 3/31/14. With Seven Stars, the Total Rewards FAQ on its website states, "The Seven Stars card expires annually on March 31. To be considered for an invite the following year, 150,000 Tier Credits must be achieved in the current calendar year and your Total Rewards account must be in good standing." To translate, Seven Stars member status expires after March 31, 2014 and they must accumulate 150,000 Tier Credits in that current calender (1/1/14 - 3/31/14) to continue to be a Seven Stars member on April 1, 2014.
Casino reporter, enjoys blackjack/baccarat card counting, Bay Area poker pro, JSTAT@Casino_Examiner on Twitter
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 79
  • Posts: 6327
June 5th, 2013 at 12:58:14 PM permalink
Quote: JSTAT

I just called Total Rewards and they confirmed that Diamond (and I assume Seven Stars) cards will expire on April 1, 2014, if no Tier Credits are accumulated from 1/1/14 - 3/31/14. With Seven Stars, the Total Rewards FAQ on its website states, "The Seven Stars card expires annually on March 31. To be considered for an invite the following year, 150,000 Tier Credits must be achieved in the current calendar year and your Total Rewards account must be in good standing." To translate, Seven Stars member status expires after March 31, 2014 and they must accumulate 150,000 Tier Credits in that current calender (1/1/14 - 3/31/14) to continue to be a Seven Stars member on April 1, 2014.



I don't think you're translating that correctly. The 2013 card expires on 3/31/14. You'd be invited into the program for the following (2014) year if you earned 150,000 points in the current (2013) year, and the 2014 card would expire on 3/31/2015.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
hook3670
Joined: May 17, 2011
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 435
June 5th, 2013 at 1:51:56 PM permalink
Right if you earn 15,000 points by the end of 2013 your card is good through 3/31/2015.
Perdition
Joined: Sep 3, 2013
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 610
September 11th, 2013 at 10:44:49 PM permalink
This is and old thread but could someone explain to me how the total rewards credits work? I was thinking of applying to get the TR Visa because it gives a 10,000 RC bonus but is that even worth anything? If I go to Gordon Ramsay Streak or something and try to pay for the meal with RC, will I get laughed out of there. I have heard everything from 2 to 1, 10 to 1, 100 to 1. I believe it is probably like 100-1000 dollars worth of comps but figured I would ask actual TR members to give me the breakdowns.

Thanks in advance.
duckmankilla
Joined: Nov 25, 2011
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 232
September 11th, 2013 at 10:49:41 PM permalink
100 RC = 1 dollar, so basically every RC is one penny. That 10,000 RC bonus would be equivalent to $100 in comp dollars, but some things (such as higher end restaurants) will only allow you to redeem at a 2:1 basis, meaning your $100 is really only worth $50. Hope this helps.
Perdition
Joined: Sep 3, 2013
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 610
September 11th, 2013 at 10:57:56 PM permalink
Thanks for the heads up. Guess it doesn't seem worth it to charge 750 for 100 in comps unless I could pay it all off in 1-2 months. Think the card has like a 23% apr or something.

Is the automatic Platnium worth it? I heard the 15-20 dollar resort fees get taken off and you get a free Buffet pass for 2 among other things.
duckmankilla
Joined: Nov 25, 2011
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 232
September 11th, 2013 at 11:05:08 PM permalink
Can't speak for the platinum. I'm a lowly gold player myself. Maybe someone else could help you there.
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 73
  • Posts: 2754
September 12th, 2013 at 12:13:16 AM permalink
Quote: Perdition

Thanks for the heads up. Guess it doesn't seem worth it to charge 750 for 100 in comps unless I could pay it all off in 1-2 months. Think the card has like a 23% apr or something.

Is the automatic Platnium worth it? I heard the 15-20 dollar resort fees get taken off and you get a free Buffet pass for 2 among other things.



Buy a gift card for somewhere you spend that much (groceries, gas, etc) that's how I earned my Southwest free flights bonus,.
Nobody can count down a 6 deck shoe! - some dealer circa 2015
teddys
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
  • Threads: 147
  • Posts: 4968
September 12th, 2013 at 4:10:28 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

Buy a gift card for somewhere you spend that much (groceries, gas, etc) that's how I earned my Southwest free flights bonus,.

That's a good idea. You can also buy Bluebird pre-paid gift cards or send a friend or relative an Amazon Payment and have them pay you back.

It's probably worth it if you really want to eat at Ramsay's. Nobody will laugh at you for using your reward credits there. 1:1 ratio, so it's like having a $100 comp (including alcohol).
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4

  • Jump to: