slotsalot
slotsalot
  • Threads: 1
June 3rd, 2014 at 5:10:04 PM permalink
MOD: Please edit title to be "treated as one" Thanks.

Basically, I heard that Sams Town, Orleans, GC, and Suncoast all act independently in regards to mailers. I thought I should add some of these to my rotations.

So I decided to play at GC. $2 JOB and also some multiplay $1 BP, Not on a multiplier day even and all I got was $25 a week for about 20k coin in and a roughly 2k loss. I have heard these places are good to play VP for mail but I am not so sure with how crappy this mail was? Was it the 13k in on the JOB? Does one need to just play the BP to get the best offers?

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 24
June 3rd, 2014 at 5:52:22 PM permalink
My experience at The Orleans says they don't give much in the way of FP, but are pretty generous in terms of free nights. I ran something like 20k points in one weekend, and got piles of tournament offers, free nights, and holiday event bonuses. (Like show up, play for five hours, collect 400$ Macy's card around Christmas.)

Sam's Town, on the other hand, just plain confuses me. I played maybe 500 coin-in and 100$ in total wagers on craps once, and I got 3 5-day gold card offers a year later. (I never got a mailer for this one-- I was checking my profile online and spotted it.)
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
June 3rd, 2014 at 6:50:47 PM permalink
Quote: Venthus

Sam's Town, on the other hand, just plain confuses me. I played maybe 500 coin-in and 100$ in total wagers on craps once, and I got 3 5-day gold card offers a year later. (I never got a mailer for this one-- I was checking my profile online and spotted it.)

Did you use them all? I heavily abused the gold card program. I'm pretty sure they cut back the comping because of me :)
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Venthus
Venthus
June 3rd, 2014 at 7:18:42 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

Did you use them all? I heavily abused the gold card program. I'm pretty sure they cut back the comping because of me :)

I've got one more this month. Also, I haven't tried this, but the fine print on the offer says that you can use it again with a 7 day gap...

My next quarter of offers only gives me 50$ food credit. Sad. I ended up running a bill of around 150-200 every day, plus I left with several thousand extra. (Which is unusually high for me.)
slotsalot
slotsalot
  • Threads: 1
June 3rd, 2014 at 11:45:29 PM permalink
Can one of you explain what the gold card offer is please? Thanks.
Venthus
Venthus
June 4th, 2014 at 10:00:59 AM permalink
Basically, full comp for the duration. Mine was for five days. Includes all drinks, though I've heard they put a soft cap of 50$ on wine at the steakhouse.

http://i.imgur.com/vtTxwvP.jpg
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
June 4th, 2014 at 11:58:48 AM permalink
Quote: Venthus

I've heard they put a soft cap of 50$ on wine at the steakhouse.
]

That was DEFINITELY because of me. :-P
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
  • Threads: 36
June 4th, 2014 at 12:05:42 PM permalink
I seem to have gotten removed from the Boyd mailer list but my wife still gets them. The last mailer she got for the month of June ad Suncoast (where she played) as the prominent ad in the middle with extra offers for Gold Coast, Orleans and Sam's Town in the back cover. I suspect that they are separate offers per property based on that and my previous offers before they didn't like my play. The downtown properties are for sure calculated separately.
  • Jump to: