AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
April 7th, 2014 at 1:03:42 PM permalink
Heard about this on the GWAE podcast:
Quote:

Beds don’t come standard on the Cessna 421 Golden Eagle. But then, this plane isn’t designed for ordinary sightseeing. It’s the flagship for Love Cloud, a new venture all about fulfillment of the mile-high fantasy in Las Vegas’ extra-friendly skies.

LVW Article
Love Cloud website
I'm not a businessman, but I have to say that I think this is a great business idea. It's expensive, but not so expensive to exclude all but the highest of the high rollers. I mean, at $799, I'm tempted to book it! Maybe if I've booked a big net win toward the end of our next trip...the fiance will clear spending that much money...
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
April 7th, 2014 at 1:07:54 PM permalink
I can see a merger in the near future:
http://www.gozerog.com/
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
geoff
geoff
  • Threads: 3
April 7th, 2014 at 1:51:34 PM permalink
I think I'd just rather bang on a pile of 800 dollars.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
April 7th, 2014 at 1:56:12 PM permalink
Quote: geoff

Fair point. Money is pretty filthy though.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
April 7th, 2014 at 2:00:27 PM permalink
Quote: geoff

Lol...I think it could be one of those things that's more attractive in the abstract. The thermals in the desert in a hot place like Vegas, I think you'd end up clinging to each other for dear life and letting the turbulence do all the work...not sure how you'd stay buckled in, either, in a "joint" position, let alone trying anything with teeth involved, even peripherally. Lotta residual bruising post-adventure. Golden Eagle is a definite sit-down/prone airplane; cabin even without the bed is less than 5 feet high. I'm guessing it would be more like a padded room all around than a "bed" to work with, as "down" is sometimes relative. Not to be a killjoy...but I think geoff's got it nailed, as it were. :D
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 7th, 2014 at 2:01:45 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Fair point. Money is pretty filthy though.

Yeah, and I want to be the 500th customer on that bed. Not.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
April 7th, 2014 at 2:09:53 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Yeah, and I want to be the 500th customer on that bed. Not.

How is this different from any hotel room anywhere?
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
April 7th, 2014 at 2:20:21 PM permalink
Not to spoil anyone's fantasies, or fun, but isn't the point to do the deed in a semi-public space and getting away with it?

O course those modern airplane bathrooms are too small even for one person....
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
April 7th, 2014 at 2:36:26 PM permalink
So would prostitution be legal in non-clark county Nevada airspace?
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
April 7th, 2014 at 2:36:57 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Not to spoil anyone's fantasies, or fun, but isn't the point to do the deed in a semi-public space and getting away with it?

O course those modern airplane bathrooms are too small even for one person....

I believe you are combining two separate desires.. One is to do it in public, the other being doing it at 5000 ft. I guess on a normal flight its a killing two birds with one stone scenario.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
April 7th, 2014 at 3:42:26 PM permalink

Lol...I think it could be one of those things that's more attractive in the abstract. The thermals in the desert in a hot place like Vegas, I think you'd end up clinging to each other for dear life and letting the turbulence do all the work...not sure how you'd stay buckled in, either, in a "joint" position, let alone trying anything with teeth involved, even peripherally. Lotta residual bruising post-adventure. Golden Eagle is a definite sit-down/prone airplane; cabin even without the bed is less than 5 feet high. I'm guessing it would be more like a padded room all around than a "bed" to work with, as "down" is sometimes relative. Not to be a killjoy...but I think geoff's got it nailed, as it were. :D

Is it bad if that makes me want to try it even more?
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 7th, 2014 at 4:13:32 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

I mean, at $799, I'm tempted to book it! Maybe if I've booked a big net win toward the end of our next trip...the fiance will clear spending that much money...

When I first heard about this I swear the report said $80. I was definitely thinking "Hell Yeah!" there. But it was pretty silly of me to think that was the actual price. $800 is a lot more reasonable for this. And I'd probably pass.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 7th, 2014 at 4:50:22 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

I believe you are combining two separate desires.. One is to do it in public, the other being doing it at 5000 ft. I guess on a normal flight its a killing two birds with one stone scenario.

One of my transcontinental pilots had cracked up an entire restaurant when he bestowed the certificate on a middle aged man and an 18 year old girl after he officiated when they actually did it in the back seat of Cessna 182. Cramped! He did claim to have put a bit of duct tape over the mirror.

As for his personal situation, he was willing to be the pilot at Mile High Club activities but felt that on a personal level, he would just go to a Denver motel room sometime.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
April 7th, 2014 at 7:27:49 PM permalink
You know I've always wanted to learn how to fly. and get in the mile high club. I don't know which I want more but $300 hookers + tips don't come cheap! Especially if you add in travel costs.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
April 7th, 2014 at 7:32:41 PM permalink
What would be even more duuurty is if they upped the price to a cool $1,000 and included a lady or two for your pleasure :)

Then you could have a 3 way, a mile up and come back with the clap.......How much more Vegas do you want???
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
April 7th, 2014 at 7:55:01 PM permalink

Hmmm... That's the kind of detailed analysis that could only come from someone whose used the service.

That "I think..." and "not sure..." you threw in there aren't fooling anyone
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 7th, 2014 at 8:22:23 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

Hmmm... That's the kind of detailed analysis that could only come from someone whose used the service.

That "I think..." and "not sure..." you threw in there aren't fooling anyone

Yeah, the stories I don't tell on this board any more....lol.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
April 10th, 2014 at 4:55:40 AM permalink

Lol...I think it could be one of those things that's more attractive in the abstract.

I think that subject has made a lot of scripts over the years. One dialogue that I always thought was hysterical was on an episode of Friends where the group imagines a different life. If you missed Friends for the past 20 years, Ross was actually divorced from Carol when she came out as a lesbian and moved in with Gail. Carol and Gail are raising Ross's son, Ben.

Quote: Friends episode "The One That Could Have Been" February 17, 2000

Ross: Yay! (To Carol) Seriously, our sex life… I was thinking, maybe I don’t know, we could try some-some new things. Y’know? For fun?
Carol: Like what?
Ross: Well I don’t know
umm, (Pause) what if we were too tie each other up? (Carol’s shocked and obviously doesn’t like that idea.)
Umm, some people eat stuff off one another. (Carol doesn’t like that idea either.) Nah!
Umm, y’know we-we could try dirty talk? (Carol still says no.)
Umm, we could, we could have a threesome.
Carol: (quickly) I love that idea!

Ross: So honey this uh, this threesome thing umm, I mean how-how are you gonna start to find…
Carol: Ooh, actually I’ve been making a list of all the women I know who might be into doing this!
Ross: Oh. (He takes the notepad she was using and looks at it.) Wow! (Flips to another page.) Huh. (Flips another page.) Boy! (Flips another page.) Well, someone’s been doing their homework. (Flips two more pages.)
Carol: Yeah. Ooh, and I know Gail Rosten is in there twice, but she is so…
Ross: Oh, I know. (Laughs) Y’know, just-just talking about it is getting me kinda…
Carol: Oh, me too.
Ross: Yeah? Well, I-I think Ben’s asleep.
Carol: Oh umm, y’know I think it would be better if we just save it.
Ross: Yeah. Right. Save it. I can do that. (Gets up and does a little kara-tay.)

Ross: Hey Joe did… Did you ever have a threesome?
Joey: (not quite sure of how to answer that) Well uh, look Ross I uh, I think Carol’s great and I’m sure you’re a very attractive man, but I….
Ross: No! The reason I’m asking is that… I sorta had one last night.
Joey: You?
Ross: Yeah!
Joey: Wow!
Ross: Yeah!
Joey: All right! So, was it amazing?
Ross: It was, it was okay.
Joey: Just okay—Did you do it right?!
Ross: Look, it’s just did, did you ever go to a party and think, "Would really anyone miss me if I weren’t here?"
Joey: Huh. But still Ross, you’re worst day with two women, pretty much better than any other day! Y’know what I mean?
Ross: Oh-oh, absolutely!
(They both laugh.)
Ross: It’s just, my part seemed to be over pretty quickly and then, and then there was a lot of waiting around.
Joey: But you got to be with both of them, right?
Ross: Not-not really. Th-th-there was just Carol.
Joey: Not the other one?
Ross: No, she kept kicking me away!
Joey: Yeah, you don’t want that.
Ross: No!
Joey: Well hey, at least you got to see a lot of stuff, right?
Ross: Oh I a lot of stuff!
Joey: You got a little bored?
Ross: A little. Yeah. I made a snack.
Joey: Yeah? What did ya have?
Ross: Just a sandwich. Turkey, a little mustard…
Joey: Sounds good.
Ross: It really was!

MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
April 10th, 2014 at 6:25:45 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

I think that subject has made a lot of scripts over the years. One dialogue that I always thought was hysterical was on an episode of Friends where the group imagines a different life. If you missed Friends for the past 20 years, Ross was actually divorced from Carol when she came out as a lesbian and moved in with Gail. Carol and Gail are raising Ross's son, Ben.

Slight correction, Carol's lesbian lover whom she was raising Ross's son with, was Susan, not Gail.
  • Jump to: