JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
March 24th, 2016 at 11:42:35 AM permalink
My daughter and I saw Piff the Magic Dragon (Mr. Piffles too !) at Flamingo earlier this week.

He (they ?) are currently performing Mon - Wedn at Bugsy's Cabaret lounge, which is an incredibly small venue that I think they will outgrow very, very soon. So if you want to see this fantastic act up close and personal, STSN (see this show now).

I was pleasantly surprised to find VIP tix at TIX4TONITE for $ 46 each. But all the seats are pretty good, there are only 6 rows. Our VIP tix got us in the 2nd row, a little off to the side. No problem. My daughter got to see a portion of the show from even closer, since Piff brought her on stage to help out with a couple of tricks.

Some of you may be familiar with Piff from Penn and Teller's "Fool Me" or the 2015 NBC season of "America's Got Talent".

Here's the YOUTUBE LINK to his 2nd audition on AGT with guest judge Neal Patrick Harris. SPOILER ALERT: This is included in his live show, so don't watch if you want to see it for the first time at the Flamingo.

This show has earned Johnny Q's coveted official Seal of Approval ! It runs about an hour and 15 minutes, but the first 10 are a unicycle juggling/comedy warm-up act.

1 to 5 Scale Rating: 5

Category: Comedy, Sleight of Hand Card Tricks

Note: PG-13, not appropriate for the younger crowd. ( My daughter is 18 ).
Last edited by: JohnnyQ on Mar 24, 2016
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 24th, 2016 at 12:38:05 PM permalink
Was it any different than what he does on those shows. I have seen him on about 6 shows and he always does the same few tricks with the same sound effects and basically the same little jokes. I really liked him the first 4 times but I wish he would change his routine a little.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
March 24th, 2016 at 12:43:33 PM permalink
There was enough stuff I had never seen before to make it thoroughly entertaining. He did a nice job of bantering with the audience. And some great running gags served up with his patented dry delivery.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
  • Jump to: